Am I the only on who's had enough of this guy?

Am I the only on who's had enough of this guy?

Everyone acts like what he says is going to definitely happen (Space colonization in 10 year, Hyper-loops, electric cars) and they say shit like "he's one of the greatest minds of all time".

He makes ridiculous and unfounded claims like we're living in a simulation (doesn't even have a PhD in physics or a research background but whatever), and people all of a sudden are like "oh he said it that's it must be true".

Don't get me wrong he's a decent guy with a lot of brains and talent, my problem is with his fans and the people that produce scientific or engineering content who shill at every possibility, in every article or documentary there's always a reference to him, like "Elon Musk said..." "This has all changed after Elon Musk said..." "Elon Musk proposes to build the first dildo on Mars in 20 years, read this whole article while we don't objectively criticize him or his idea"

What should we do before this become another Bill Nye or Black Science Man situation? Only it'll be way worse because hes a billionaire and can fund his stupid ideas indefinitely

when he stops following through on his crazy fucking promises, I'll stop believing him.

I didn't believe he could get self-landing rockets and, drive down the cost of space launches and create real competition.
I was pretty sure tesla was going to implode early. Those crazy ideas? A fucking huge battery factory? building your own network of charging stations? what kind of new company can handle that shit in an established industry?

The hyperloop still seems fucking nuts, but a lot of smart engineers are on board with it. I'll see where it goes.

The rest? Fucking crazy. but I'll give him a chance to either do it or fuck up

>what kind of new company can handle that shit in an established industry?
One that has billions of dollars in government subsidies

The reason he's a billionaire and can fund his stupid ideas indefinitely is because his stupid ideas have worked and made him a billionaire. How about instead of you being a speed bump on the road of progress you figure out a way to be useful? Cause all I see is a sad fuckwit who'll never do anything worth remembering and has no intentions of bettering himself or his world, and would rather drag everyone into his personal abyss than become someone.

because the government isn't giving subsidies to other automakers right?

the subsidies aren't permanent and add a surprisingly small amount to the cost of the vehicle when taken into account.

OP here

All I'm saying is he's biting off more than he can chew and it's fucking annoying when he poses as an expert on everything and people eat it up because he made electric cars and a vertical rocket a thing with the help of real scientists and investors

>he's biting off more than he can chew

you didn't think he was doing that when he tried to start companies in two established fields with incredibly high costs and barriers to entry? His worst failure was a solar company he also ran at the same time, and it was a success.

>when he poses as an expert on everything and people eat it up
>with the help of real scientists and investors

Thats the thing. elon is a pretty solid high level thinker, but he clearly does a tonne of listening to those real scientists and inventors.

being able to listen to those people and knowing which ones to listen to is a surprisingly rare skill.

The guy isn't a genius, but he's smart and a really good gambler.

he honestly seems like the type of guy that realizes he cant know everything and instead just puts smart people around him to finish his thoughts.

people acting like hes jeebus all the time is pretty fucking annoying but i genuinely think he is a dude who knows how to get shit done.

>Elon Musk

the guy, the ideas, sure im a great fan
he is trying to do what i read in sci fi books as a teen in the 90s. great stuff

but his companies
a whiff of snake oil
ponzi funding going by the actual hard data
kinda known by investors for a while now

> two established fields with incredibly high costs and barriers to entry

Yeah i'd believe that if the governemt wasn't funding him billions of dollars and giving his customers subsidies

>high level thinker

Yeah there are plenty of those who read from and listen to the scientific community, and any regurgitation is just an opinion at the end of the day

'another bill nye'

fuck off to Sup Forums you autist piece of shit, tired of you ignorant scumbags having an opinion on everything

Eccentric douche bag that hires people smarter than him to design cool shit that he comes up with when he's tripping on sativa. Seriously..just let him have his way and I can finally get a fucking flying car.

>Yeah i'd believe that if the governemt wasn't funding him billions of dollars and giving his customers subsidies
This isn't a valid criticism so long as his competitors receive even more govt funding and subsidies.

I thought that was Malcolm Merlin from arrow

He's actually pretty approachable irl and contrary to what a lot of people think, despite his ego he does listen to input from his engineers.

He's also really fucking smart, not in the popsci he's an all knowing genius kind of way, but he picks up new things very quickly and has a very large range of expertise.

t. SpaceX wagecuck

You said incredibly high cost and barrier to entry, Musk brought Tesla so it was already an engineering company capable of making a car he didn't need to start from scratch, building a concept car and beginning small scale production doesn't break the bank, government subsidies benefits start ups more initially than it does for established large scale producers. so once it's gone it's bye bye Tesla. Plus he receives more subsidies per unit than large companies do just because he doesn't get more at the end of the day doesn't mean hes getting more over all

Plenty of smart people have reasonable disagreements with him on many of his predictions:

>Superintelligent AI is an existential risk
>We live in the Matrix
>Colonization of Mars is the only way to protect the human species

But when it comes to his predictions on future technology, he's generally on track and has delivered on a lot of his goals. Instead of trying to belittle a smart and successful tech entrepreneur, just learn to take things he says with a grain of salt and think critically. You don't have to love him or hate him.

I just finished interviewing for a job at the gigafactory
I hope he isn't as dumb as OP thinks he is because i need a job

I currently work for him

As long as I get paid. I'll do whatever he wants me to do

He's not dumb just a fraud, that factory is pretty much being built but the state of Nevada. Hell he's getting a film tax payment

> Random faggot on Sup Forums
> Does nothing in life
> Elon Musk has bitten off more than he can chew

Faggot. You're retarded.

Off by 1

battery powered cars...I say, Panasonic.

Indeed, user.

Just remind me though...What world changing technology has been invented by your country today? Did you develop that self cleaning shitbucket you were talking about the other day?

Please try forming coherent thoughts.

Fuck off OP you're the only one who doesn't like Elon Musk

that guy is smart but got cucked by his wife. twice

cant respect a fucking faggot like that

>Company has lost over $4 for every stock issued in the past year

And if you actually come back and say "but the price is up", you need to neck yourself for not understanding profits per share

>neck yourself

jesus christ kek. kevin is that you?