Going to Japan next monday. Five days in Tokyo, three days in Kyoto, four days in Osaka and five days in Okinawa...

Going to Japan next monday. Five days in Tokyo, three days in Kyoto, four days in Osaka and five days in Okinawa. What should I do? Any advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_dEaj0OOgw
youtube.com/watch?v=2qol6T1ANuw&t=208s
youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where are you going from, user?

Is it really important?

I mean, why would anyone want to leave the US?

have fun OP

dont come across as a weaboo faggot

thanks!

Watch tv

eat some good food.

Ramen, Co-co curry, real sushi, and everything you can get your hands on

When you get to Okinawa, call a honcho, tell him you want to go to Yoshihara.
Make sure you go in the evening time.
Also. Have 5000-10000 yens ready. You fucking weeb virgin.

Eat heaps of awesome food you've never had before.

Don't go to Osaka castle.

Find squeaky ninja house thing instead.

Buy a drink at every vending machine you find.

don't get on the baka bus

Shibuya, roppongi and shinjuku when you are in Tokyo

Check out the robot restaurant. shit was crazy

Wear shirts with English words on it. It's become a style in Japan similar to Western countries

I was already planning something along those lines.

HMMMMM

Go to Akihabara and get some hot cosplay girl ass. Take pics and post them here when you come back.

bait

nigga thats only about 500 dollars??

Kek I just watched a show about that. Cute grills running around with slut or shit like that on their tshirts getting all embarassed when they're told what's written on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=M_dEaj0OOgw

I second this
youtube.com/watch?v=2qol6T1ANuw&t=208s

I have something like 130 000 yen for the whole trip. This is my "pocket money", I already booked my hotels and bought a JR pass.

This. If you're a blond blue eyed gaijin, this should be no problem for you. If you have black hair you may as well be another nigger to them. That's life, unfortunately.

I don't think I will get laid. I have black hair and a beard, they will secretly think I am disgusting but I don't give a shit

I'm hoping thats a typo and not you saying you brought like 1 million USD for a 2/3 week trip?

nigga 1200 dollars is not a whole heck of a lot better.

its nothing, especially for a vacation that long

that's 1 200 dollars, I was told I would need this much to be comfortable

A million reasons. Better question, why would anyone visit Asia and first go to Japan.

Srsly? Japan is kinda racist, as in...any place you wanna eat is gonna be "reservations only." Shitt places will serve you. It's also kinda low tech.

Step off that place in Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, Phil, Indonesia anywhere except septic Japan.

pic related. this ain't japan. Japan is old and boring.

130000 yen are like 1300$ It's not really exact, but dividing by 100 usually gives a good guess.

Ok don't mind me then i'm retarded and cant read. I brought about that much for an 8 day trip I took earlier this month but I also bought a lot of dumb shit and went to some expensive places. The food can be real cheap, and very good for the cost. Lawsons (at least in Tokyo) will be your friend. I usually ate breakfast there

For the most part, avoid theme cafes. Kawaii Monster Cafe was fucking terrible.

I'd like to go to one of those cafes where the maids are unfriendly as fuck on purpose.

Thanks for the advice !

I'm sorry bro, but that's not enough. I went through that much in three days staying in Japan. Unless you plan only eating food from convenience stores and local fast food maybe you can stretch it out to 5 days. Just going out doing random shit cost me aleast a hundred a day in Tokyo

Tsundere cafe. That's what it was called. Forgot the name for a sec.

Catch a farfetched

Thats only true if you arent tall and jacked.

Get tall and jacked and the japanese ladies love you.

Then again, all women love tall muscular men.

So the moral or the story is stay home and work out, ya manlet

My friend is going to win a Japanese wish. Give him words of wisdom

Do not ask anyone to tell you a joke, especially in the coca cola factory

Well, you're the first and only person to tell me 1200$ isn't enough.

I blew 500 my first week in the Philippines, so from my experience, you are in for a boring time with 1200 in a plave 5 times more expensive than the Philippines

a 17 days long vacation is not going to be fun with 1300 dollars. you are there to relax and have fun right? thats gonna cost ya.

This is strange. To be honest with you all, I don't plan on buying a lot of stuff or pulling expensive all-nighters in clubs. I will be going alone and I mainly plan on walking and (sight)seeing.

Enjoy walking literally everywhere fam, cause buses and cabs aint cheap

>Srsly? Japan is kinda racist, as in...any place you wanna eat is gonna be "reservations only." Shitt places will serve you. It's also kinda low tech.

I'm American living in Japan. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about lol.

Yea, don't get caught out after trains stop

>tall (6'7 / 2m)
>not jacked or fat
>brown eyes brown curly hair
how many would I destroy in a night?

Gomenasai, my name is Ken-Sama.

I’m a 27 year old American Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga on my tablet, and spend my days perfecting my art and playing superior Japanese games. (Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Persona series)

I train with my Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is folded over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my sword license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Japanese visa, I am moving to Tokyo to attend a prestigious High School to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become an animator for Studio Ghibli or a game designer!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my elders and seniors and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan!

"I LOVE SUSHI!" exclaimed the woman in the thick-rimmed glasses.
"Ah, excellent," Kobayashi thought contentedly to himself, "they are enjoying themselves."
"I love Japan, period" said the middle-aged man in the blue shirt, slight southern drawl lending a down-home earthiness to his earnest proclamation.
"Oh my, it is such a joy to have such enthusiastic customers!" Kobayashi said to himself, beaming with pride at the delight he had brought to his customers. It was an idyllic day in Kobayashi's small sushi shop. But, then things took a turn for the worst. "J-ROCK!" screeched a greasy-haired delinquent, quite obviously high on something.
"Oh my, someone should be watching over that poor child," Kobayashi thought to himself. But, before he could finish that thought, a rotund man burst forth from the masses, the make-up on his face still smeared across his fleshy visage.
"GIRUGAMESH!" the horrifying painted man exclaims, stabbing the air vehemtly with two massive, pudgy digits.

"What has begun here is something terrible," Kobayashi thinks to himself, rooted in place by equal parts fear, and morbid fascination.
"I LOVE ANIME!" shrieks a curiously toupee'd customer, the disparity of voice and adornment calling into question the beast's gender. "AND MANGA" yells the man-lady's back-quatto, the horrifying extra upper torso protruding from the hermaphrodite's back, malign intent dancing across his/her eyes. Kobayashi is speechless at the spectacle unfolding before him.
"AND GAYMEN!" an infernal scarecrow man drunkenly spews forth, every diabolical syllable dripping from his tongue an affront to sanity and dignity.

"Uh...DDR?," says a man quite plainly.
"Finally, a respite from this madness," Kobayashi thought as he heaved a breathless sigh of relief. But what he had seen so far could never prepare him for what came next.
"SMILE D.K." squealed the man's bloated pig-wife, barely managing to stay balanced atop her chair.

As these things happened, a realization dawned on poor, poor Kobayashi. "These people, these DEMONS, have taken all I know and love and made it wrong, corrupted it. I can not, no, I will not sit idly by as these creatures from beyond the veil wreak havoc in my shop!"

"HEYYYYYY!" Kobayashi growls, brandishing his knife like a modern day warrior. "SAKURA-CON HE IKIMAAAAAAAAAASU" he bellows, the traditional war-cry of his family. As Kobayashi leapt over the table, the gathered masses began morphing, face tearing asunder to reveal rows upon rows of sharp teeth, as new musculature rippled forth from beneath their clothes. Many dropped to all fours, revealing their true bestial nature, snarling and snapping their jaws at Kobayashi. Like a true warrior, however, he dove fearlessly into the throes of battle, slicing sinew and bone alike with a precision afforded him by his years of chef training. He laughed maniacally as bucket upon bucket of blood was spilled, the organs and flesh of his former patrons spewing forth like water down a hill. He and his restaurant alike were soon strewn with every type of viscera, and he gave an animalistic howl to the still-rising moon.

Kobayashi goose-stepped over the knee-high pile of cadavers, and, having finally exited the restaurant, he wiped the blood clean from his cleaver and strode off into the horizon. He knew that he had honored his ancestors with this true act of bravery, and helped to rid the world of a grave evil indeed.

Visit Takao

Visit Imperial Palace

Shijiku

Ropungi

Fuji
Take a day to climb it and wear sunscreen.
But its too early in the season. You need to go in august

>go to gay nightclub Artsy Fartsy
>find twinky Jap boy to do Tequila shots with
>???
>profit

Why?

Gay

See Cabs are super expensive

yakuza rape squads

what are you stupid or something?

Do you like beef stew?
If yes, go to Yoshikami in Asakusa, Tokyo
Wont regret it

youtube.com/watch?v=XP5lz2CYNR4

Expat Japfag here.

As other anons have said, $1300 won't be enough for a trip your length. Food will eat a lot of it, you'll need to pay for fare on certain trains not covered by your rail pass and in Okinawa, and you'll want to buy cool/wacky shit.

As for shit to do, you want touristy stuff or not? I've got a grocery list of places you could see in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka. I suggest you lop a day off your stay in Osaka and visit Nara, if you can. It's not commonly trafficked by Westerners so it's a lot quieter and feeding the deer in the park is fun, especially if you get one that chases you.

Definitely eat the food. The food is the bomb. Okonomiyaki and fried skewers are the local specialty of Osaka. Good ramen is everywhere and in half a dozen styles. High-class sushi isn't really much cheaper than in the States but if you go to a kaiten (conveyor-belt) sushi place it's considerably cheaper and the quality is still pretty good (usually).

Haven't been to Okinawa yet but I've heard scuba diving is pretty popular.

Go for the touristy stuff! Thanks a lot. I will withdraw some more cash.

Agree with this guy about conveyor sushi, except Genki Sushi. very over priced, not great selection, and pretty meh quality

>Tokyo:
Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Sky Tree (Tower is classic, Sky Tree is taller and has a big mall attached), Asakusa (will likely be fucking CROWDED as you're going during Japan's biggest holiday period), Yoyogi Park/Meijijingu Shrine, Shinjuku Gyoen (a huge garden). Harajuku for weird fashion (if you're lucky; I've only ever seen a couple lolita, nothing too strange). If you're a Gundam fan, go to Odaiba to see the life-size Gundam before they dismantle it.

Avoid Roppongi at night, it's the only really "dangerous" part of the city, mostly full of pickpockets. Don't be stupid and buy drugs from the Arabs, there are eyes everywhere and penalties are harsh. There are plenty of bars/clubs in Shibuya and Shinjuku.

You can get up to some fun shit at night; a fair number of adult establishments abound. If you're into that, check out a soapland. Tokyo Adult Guide (web site) has reviews of places that accept foreigners. Well worth it if you don't mind pay-for-play. Of course, you can always find girls at bars looking for a white gent to buy them drinks but usually you need some level of Japanese to get very far.

tbc

>So the moral or the story is stay home and work out, ya manlet
How am I suppose to get tall by working out?

>Tokyo, ctd.
Akihabara, of course. Visit a maid café for the experience. Some of the shops have one or two girls that can speak English. Maidreamin is the main one, I think. There's a cool but expensive ninja restaurant in Akasaka that is--appropriately--difficult to find. The food is meh but the experience is pretty cool. Think Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: it's that level of kitschy, though sadly there's no grand ninja battle.

If you like zoos, Ueno Zoo is huge and is also surrounded by a beautiful park with several museums.

Mt. Takao was a good recommendation; it's an easy day hike and the temperature should be good, though pack a jacket for the top. It's not nearly as strenuous as Fuji (which as another user mentioned is closed anyway) and the view of Tokyo is pretty good.

Yokohama's not bad, either. The Cup Noodle museum is there and you can make your own Cup Noodle to take home and eat. Chinatown is also around there; I've heard the food is wicked good. I'm going for the first time on Wednesday, actually.

>Kyoto
There are >9000 temples and shrines you could see in Kyoto but I'll list the ones I personally enjoyed: Kinkaku-ji ("Temple of the Golden Pavilion"), Tenryu-ji (the lotus pond may be blooming!), Kiyomizu-dera*, Fushimi Inari Taisha**. Go to Kodai-ji at night when they do the illumination, it's worth it. A lot of people go to Arashiyama's bamboo grove (it's near Tenryu-ji) but I was unimpressed. (Ruined by too many people.)

*The photos of this temple are beautiful but the actual experience was a letdown because the temple was under reconstruction when I went. We could walk around and see the inside, but the outside and the view of the hills in bloom are what set it apart. It may be better for you.

**Fushimi Inari is unique but overcrowded. The best part was actually the street food we ate after the hike up the mountain and return to the bottom. Holy cow was it good. And so much to try. Go just for the food, seriously.

Thank you so much for all this!

I started to use my perscription deep blue contact lenses to hide my shit brown eyes when i go out for one night stands, the difference it makes huge.

If they sleep with you for superficial reason then they deserve what they get.

>Osaka
I don't know a lot about Osaka except Universal Studios Japan and the world's largest aquarium are there. The area a stop or two south of Osaka Station is popular with tourists for food and shopping. Osaka is a more modern city without a bunch of historical places to see; spend your time relaxing and eating. Go to a hot spring if you can. (Natural hot springs are typically outside the major cities so you may not get to a proper one but the imitations are still nice.) It's also a well-known red light city, but most places bar the doors to foreigners.

North of Osaka is a place called Expo City. There's a really cool art museum/interactive aquarium mashup place called NIFREL (yes, all caps) that's maybe worth a visit (they have a white tiger). Japan's tallest ferris wheel is there, as well as Japan's only Pokémon Gym (not as exciting as it sounds) and a large mall.

Large malls are everywhere, really.

>Nara
If you can swing it, definitely visit Nara. It's more peaceful and has a lot of history. (It was actually Japan's first capital, before Kyoto-->Edo/Tokyo.) Koufuku-ji is home to the world's second-oldest wooden building, a five-story pagoda. (The oldest is also in Nara, but not the city, kinda far on the outskirts.) Todai-ji is my favorite of the many temples I've visited and houses an enormous bronze Buddha statue. I mean, colossal. They also do a night illumination, I've been told. If you don't mind paying a little extra for nicer accommodations, look into Hotel New Wakasa, a traditional Japanese-style inn ("ryokan") which English-speaking staff. It's a five-minute walk from there to Todai-ji and very close to the deer park.

>Everywhere
Food, food, food. Ramen, sushi, yakitori, okonomiyaki, takoyaki, soba, udon, tempura, the list goes on...

my brother had a meh experience at MaidDreamin, I visited Maid@Home and it was ok. worth one visit just to see it

I've never been to a maid café and I'm not really interested but a few friends had a good time at MaidDreamin and it's the only one I know. Thanks for the other rec.

If you go to Akibahara at all you will see maids on every fucking corner trying to harass you to take a flier

By the by, I usually recommend people not to use the shitty exchange services in the airports because their fees often end up more than just using your American debit card to take cash out of the ATM at a convenience store. You can't always *pay* with a card but every ATM takes Visa and MasterCard and most accept Discover, AmEx, JCB, and the like.

Yeah, I usually ignore them. They're cute but they're just saleswomen in costume.

Which reminds me, if you go cruising the streets at night, OP, watch out for touts trying to lure you to their sex shops. More often than not they're Chinese swindlers who will at best bait-and-switch you out of too much money for shitty service or at worst will straight-up mug you.

7-11 is actually Japanese owned, and I've heard that Japanese locations have a rather impressive array of good convenience food. (I mean at least compared to US locations). Maybe kinda pleb, but I think it would be interesting to walk in and look around, and it sounds like there's no shortage of them.

Take rare pics motherfucker and post later
Also see what's trending on the season before you go "blind" on "what a fuck is this"

No shortage, they are fucking everywhere. Like Starbucks in America.

Having eaten from all the major convenience stores here I'd have to say my favorite is Family Mart for the food. Lawson has the best selection of booze*, Family Mart wins on just about everything else. 7-11 falls somewhere in between. Never go to Mini Stop, they suck. (They do have good soft-serve, though...)

*I forgot to mention, there's no open-container law in Japan so you can buy beer/chu-hi/sake/whatever and drink on the street to your heart's content. Drinking is Japan's national pastime.

Also, go to an izakaya for dinner one night. It's a sort of bar/restaurant that often has all-you-can-drink specials. Might need a friend who speaks Japanese for that one, though, it's not a typical "tourist" thing.

Get me something, man.

buy lots, Lots, LOTS of anime/manga stuff.

>Haven't been to Okinawa yet but I've heard scuba diving is pretty popular.
Scuba diving in radioctive water.
No, thank you

What do you want and where do you live ?

Yeah, figures are hella cheap compared to cons in the States.

Japanese Candy or Tora Dora Blu-Ray for the Brit-fag.

Tora Dora blu-ray is a bit pricey for me, but if I don't forget I will buy some candy for you. I am from France, sending them probably won't cost a lot. Send me your address: [email protected]

Cheers, mate!