Why Do anons hate on VLC? I use it all the time. Is it really that shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_player_software
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a meme to hate it. It gets the job done, just like Netscape for browsing the web.

Any excuse to insult someone else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_player_software

only weebs hate vlc

It's just a meme.

Once upon a time it was actually terrible, but it's fine now.

This, you're not a cartoon watching manchild are you OP?

hating VLC is a reddit meme

I used it for couple of years until it started having problems with rendering on my thinkpad. I'm now using MPC-HC on both of my computers. It's almost identical but it does it's job better.

it is a Sup Forums meme. vlc isn't free. but anyone worth their salt can figure out most of the source.

there is nothing wrong with vlc. if you have windows and just want to eatch movies go ahead. just don't let it send info. Windows firewall is enough.

for encoding there are better programs. but if you at encoding and uploading you probably know this

The only problems I have with VLC are the occasional crashes and the picture glitching out every now and then, otherwise it's great.

The latter makes for some great reaction images.

VLC has no stereoscopic 3D, no gapless audio decoding, and no commercial blu-ray disk support.

t. dipshits who know fuck all about video software

MPC-HC

PATRICIANS CHOICE

Artifacting constantly

I only use VLC when my other players are f**king up

The differences are so minor it doens't matter unless youre someone who is more obsessed with arguing over things than enjoying media.

Because it's more of a resource hog, has crappy default lighting and many less convenient features than other players.
Not really a big deal, but you might as well get something better.

I actually wrote a video player for a system's programming course you dumb weeb

>watching movies on a computer
all pre 2000s movies should be downloaded and recorded on a VHS-cassette and you should watch it on an old 4:3 CRT-TV. This is the only authentic way to watch movies the way the creator intended.

I actually wrote an entire OS in my Intermediate C++ course you baka gaijin

VLC is a fine player for peons to watch YIFY rips on, but it is not the player of choice if one is a true cinema aesthete.

TempleOS? Terry, is that you?

HEVC x265 doesn't run pretty well in VLC on old PCs.

MPC IS THE ONLY ANSWER

there's a subliminal shit about the vlc cone
>the triangle means Play
>those two white lines means Pause
>that square below the triangle means Stop

What do you plebs use?

I used to use VLC until I kept getting annoying glitches every 20 minutes. Switched to MPC and haven't looked back

RealPlayer

Any other player with zoom option?

lol

Just use Windows Media Player.

no you didn't. implementing a full os from bootstrap with native c++ would be a nightmare.

writing a media player that uses published codexes is believable. although that would have been a group project wherebi went to school.

and I wrote the fucking moon landing in binary when I was in kindergarten so don't you ever talk to me or my son again you piece of shit!

a lot of it has to do with vlc historically doing things the lazy way, having really stupid presets that are objectively the wrong way to do what it's supposed to do, and not being as stable or cutting edge as mpc. vlc is an alright media player, but it definitely isn't the best. it's just the "simplest" media player for people who don't know anything to install and use, although really mpc isn't any harder to use. vlc just has a friendlier ui

I use Kodi

>streaming
ew

This

Video Player
>MPC-HCx64
Torrent Scraper
>Bit Che
Streaming (for tv)
>Kodi + SALTS & Exodus addons

I'm quite happy

>ctrl+f mpv
>no matches
WTF Sup Forums seriously?

The fuck are you talking about?

>it doens't matter unless youre someone who is more obsessed with arguing over things
Where do you think you are lad. This is the same place that unironically claims Attack of the Clones is kino for the sake of contrarianism

streaming is even worse than vlc, fucking embarrassing, kys

It does though because VLC literally glitches out about three times throughout a film

Memes aside, x265 is simply too new of a format. Even MPCHCx65 doesnt handle it well unless you've got some serious power under the hood. It's very recent & hasn't been fully fleshed out as of yet

>i use it all the time
>is it really shit? XDD
cancer thread

I really fucking can't stand that VLC icon. That is one huge faggot icon. It looks like the window is an error message or some shit. What stupid prick decided it was a good idea to make an orange fucking traffic cone the icon for anything, much less a video player?? That doesn't even make any fucking sense. I'm gonna fucking shoot myself, I'm gonna smash my head into the fucking wall until I die

This

Art is based on reality user

> go to open a webm on any board
> vlc plays it
> click anywhere on the video timeline

> video freeze and vlc soft-locks
> have to task-manager end process and restart webm

rekt
get a computer mobile cancer

Would you recommend mpv? I've been meaning to try it for some time.

GOM

Miro

notepad

This. External Codec Support + Built-in subtitle editor + controller app + sane keyboard shortcuts - ugly 90s-era free-software GUI = better than VLC.

M A D M A N

me too, drove me nuts because I thought it could be my amp or use of onboard video.

VLC, never again

>2016
>not meticulously crafting your kino plane scenes on notepad

Not a single person mentioned mpv.

You're all ultraplebs.

I don't know what mpv is but I just downloaded it. VLC is working anymore for some reason so I guess it's time for a change and MPV seems like the way to go.

By the way I know next to nothing about computers and source and all this mumbo jumbo 1337 hacker shit yall are talking about

Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.
(repeat)

Hoarders can get piles of money,
That is true, hackers, that is true.
But they cannot help their neighbors;
That's not good, hackers, that's not good.

When we have enough free software
At our call, hackers, at our call,
We'll kick out those dirty licenses
Ever more, hackers, ever more.

Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.

MPC-HC is the only legitimate Sup Forums choice.

>been using it for 8 years now
>hasn't let me down once

hating it is a meme and you are probably retarded if you believe it's real

There are a couple LITTLE things about VLC that piss me off. When you start a playlist with multiple items, they load in out of order. You can't change how far the 'seek' commands take you forward/back in a video. You can't set it to the load the next file in the folder automatically when the current video finishes.

>it's a "Sup Forums shits on something popular" episode

>2016
>using VLC
ishygddt

>Netscape

>more obsessed with arguing
>over things than enjoying media
welcome to Sup Forums newfriend

im a weeb and love vlc

sounds like things i will never need

holy fuck i thought i torrented the wrong shit is it really vlc?

This. VLC was the best maybe back in 2009. I still use winamp to play music with. Nothing can fuck with winamp (especially its visualizer O_O)

Dumb Sup Forums posters.

Because MPC-HC is better in every way.

I started using it years and year ago because in a time when you felt like you had to have proprietary software for every single file extension, VLC came along and could play a hazy memory of a dream you had about a file.

It would probably artifact or be really fucked up in some way, especially in later years when better stuff came along but it was sort of brand loyalty.

>Please download Quicktime player to watch this video!

Sssh, hes a weeb. Don't trust him.