NFL announces four London games for 2017, with Ravens, Browns and Cardinals making UK debuts

>the "home" games of "franchises" belonging to America's number one sport are now played on another continent
>Americans are being cucked out of going to watch their own "franchise" by a country that doesn't give a shit about the sport

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/nfl-games-in-london-sell-out-every-time-and-still-lose-money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_(football_move)#Allowable_tackle_types
alligator.org/article_e1ffe912-5c45-11e3-8aca-001a4bcf887a.html
thesportsseer.com/2014/11/21/how-jarryd-haynes-sprint-time-compare-to-nfl-stars/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't keep buying tickets. The NFL us just following the money.

>tfw the NFL fell for the Big British Cock meme

No need to show any schadenfreude at all, lad.
Just wait until >our games are played in China or the Emirates. It's only a matter of time....

>by a country that doesn't give a shit about the sport
yeah, that's the point of having games in London, to expand the fan-base

if he didn't give a shit, he wouldn't have posted at all

>The NFL us just following the money.

The NFL's profits are dwindling so much in the US that they're trying desperately to branch into other countries before the sport becomes completely irrelevant everywhere.

They get like 90000 crowds for pre-season friendlies, they don't need to take real games there

The Browns were not a gift

If your team plays UK games you should stop following that team and get a new one cause no one likes them and they are leaving the nfl

He has a legit point ahmed. The games in the UK sell out

Not really. The NFL makes far more than any European soccer league.

But mostly in one country. If the US consumer decides to not watch it, the NFL it's fucked.
At comparative of European Soccer Leagues than always have 5 billion more fuckers to expand.

Only because the NFL organises sponsorship deals for all its teams. In European football, each club negotiates it's own deals. Even the bundesliga would dwarf the NFL if you included the money that each individual club makes from sponsorship to the league's worth. Sad!

Every time NFL is in london the only people I've seen on the tube to the game are americans

That is also incorrect. NFL teams are far more valuable than Soccer teams on average. The Dallas Cowboys are worth more alone than the EPL.

No. Games in London sell out. There's like 100k Americans in London plus thousands more people from around the world.

I can promise you americans are not flying over to London to watch an NFL game when most of the teams that play in london are shit and cant fill their local stadium.

> I can tell their Americans thru my tv
> football is gay I dont watch that shit
> when I see the game on the tube
Make up your mind

blah blah blah i didn't even read your post hahahahaha cuck you replied!

> jaguars
> browns
> rams
> dolphins

enjoy the D-list quality games semensluppers

The games here are attended by expat yanks

60000 Americans live in London

>> when I see the game on the tube

you are retarded aren't you

The tube is London's subway you mong

Here try reading something rather than applying your shitty opinion and feelings to the situation to make it true in your head.

Listen to what youre saying. There are states in this country with more people than your entire island and they cant fill a 90k stadium cause their teams sucks. Go to london, NFL fans there will watch any game. Just admit there is a market in the UK. I dont pretend Americans dont show up in the masses to watch when european teams play games here.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-29/nfl-games-in-london-sell-out-every-time-and-still-lose-money

The Dallas Cowboys are the worth the same as the NY Yankees, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man Utd. They all take turns as the world's most valuable sporting institution each year.

>NFL fans
Expat yanks desperate for any game

No American state has anything near the population of Great Britain

sorry I dont understand your take on english

>>Every time NFL is in london the only people I've seen on the tube to the game are americans
>I can promise you americans are not flying over to London

>There are states in this country with more people than your entire island
UK has 65 million people you tard

Let him have his moment, lad. He's desperate to convince himself his sport is relevant.

Holyshit why does allowing millions of muslims into your country so they can ruin your culture not bother you but the second we talk about football you are all this mad. SAD

I think the problem is not selling out 1 or 2 games.
Every rare event can sell out to a certain market, but doing it several times it's increasingly harder.
If the 4 games are sell out next season, then i can say there is a market and maybe they should move a franchise there

>thinking the tube is a tv

>Expensive as it is, London is still one of the five most successful host cities including U.S. markets, according to the league.
That's quite interesting, seems inevitable that a team will eventually be based in London, probably within the next 6 years

Will bomb hard if they try, it sells out as a rare event, every week it'll struggle for crowds hard.

the nigger futbol league was a mistake. - donald trump

> every week
Retard there are only 8 home games a season

You realise there's only 8 home games in a regular season? They will have no problem selling out 80k tickets, especially when they won't be given just the shit match-ups but the Patriots or Seahawks could come as the away team.

I guess of course the problem is that the interest could wane unless the team becomes regular play-off contenders pretty quickly.

> thinking refugees were a good idea

Will be interesting to see UK viewer numbers broken down by region, I reckon 80% of people who watch it will be in London. No one gives a shiny fuck about it up north.

Not saying the NFL will care, 10m people in London and plenty of sheckels to be had.

>>Americans are being cucked out of going to watch their own "franchise" by a country that doesn't give a shit about the sport

90% of NFL fans (people who watch it on tv) have never actually been to a game. Think about it, it's a country of 320 million people with just 32 teams...it makes zero difference to me whether or not these games are played in the US or overseas. Put the fucking Super Bowl in Paris for all I care.

Why even bother with this shitty sport then?

Also this, no one outside London cunts cares at all, fucking cricket is more relevant.

>Will bomb hard if they try, it sells out as a rare event, every week it'll struggle for crowds hard.

I doubt it. The new NFL team will be based in Tottenham's new stadium, which has a capacity of 60,000. That would make it the smallest stadium in the NFL by far. They'll have no problem filling that 8 times per season.

>only 8 home games a season
>less than 2 hours of actual playtime that you can watch in the stadium and not in a TV

It makes every game a huge event. It's just how football works. If you want that whole "going once or twice a week to watch our local team play" type of thing, go watch baseball.

not going to happen
tv rights and merchandise make more money for most teams than tickets do

Europe is shit for tv, 5 hours ahead at least, the big prime time games are on at 1am so nobody watches and there's no money for advertising.

NFL can't go to Europe, and Asia is a full day ahead and doesn't like physical sports.

Only direction NFL can go to is south, Mexico City isn't much poorer a place than Nashville, with 30* more people. Might be MLS that moves in first though.

> cricket is more popular than football the american exclusive sport
golly gee I wonder why???

cause the game is so violent the players bodies can only handle 1-2 games a week max. Their careers are pretty short on average. A seasoned vet is someone who plays about 7 seasons.

> Asia doesnt like physical sports
everyone in asia is a trained ninja you know this right?

>Might be MLS that moves in first though.

Lol, not a chance. The Mexican soccer league, Liga MX, is more popular than MLS in the United States, let alone Mexico.

>cause the game is so violent the players bodies can only handle 1-2 games a week max
Rugby is similar and there's 26 games a season in the aviva premiership and then internationals.

>not going to happen

It definitely is going to happen.

>Europe is shit for tv, 5 hours ahead at least, the big prime time games are on at 1am so nobody watches

Primetime games are shit, the regular afternoon games bring in plenty of fans. Just schedule the games for 6pm London time on Sundays, would be a normal 1pm ET game in the US.

>Might be MLS that moves in first though.

how do you people come up with this trash?

Is there a more dead sport than handegg?

It isn't. Rugby players are smaller, and tend to be actual humans. NFL players are roided out monsters who are ridiculously developed physically to play their position. If you tried to play 26 NFL games per season, 80% of the league would be injured by the end.

mma

>Mexico City isn't much poorer a place than Nashville, with 30* more people. Might be MLS that moves in first though.

Liga MX averages 10 times as many viewers as MLS does here in the US. There are more fans of Chivas and Leon in California alone than there are of every single MLS team combined. What makes you think MLS could compete with Liga MX in Mexico if it can't even do it in America?

>ridiculously developed physically
Then why are they all so fucking fat?

They did a study where the sport with the most time spent out for injuries was rugby league. It's literally a more physical sport.

>rugby players don't roid

They aren't. You're thinking of the offensive linemen, whose job is literally to be human shields, so of course they're fucking fat. They're strong as hell, too, it's like those strongman contests where the guys are all fat fucks and then you see them drag a truck. Every other position isn't full of fatties.

nfl style tackling is illegal in rugby, leading with your shoulder or head and spearing the opponent in a full speed collision.

When was the last time a rugby player committed suicide because of brain damage sustained while playing rugby?

That guy still looks human, though. Compare him to JJ Watt.

Rugby players don't whack each over the head when they tackle each other, it doesn't mean the rest of their bodies don't get fucked. Some guy played 40 minutes with a ruptured testicle a couple of years ago because it was the grand final.

>Rugby is similar
Not really.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tackle_(football_move)#Allowable_tackle_types

stop with this fat meme.
O and D linemen are sometimes fat. There are some freak specimens of humans who play football man.

Yoel Romero played rugby? I thought he was always an olympic wrestler and still a UFC fighter.

>Some guy played 40 minutes with a ruptured testicle a couple of years ago because it was the grand final.

Gronkowski played the second half with a punctured lung a few weeks back. Scored a TD too, and it wasn't a "grand final", just a regular season game.

>Rugby players don't whack each over the head when they tackle each other, it doesn't mean the rest of their bodies don't get fucked.

I'm sure it's still dangerous, it's just a different kind of danger.

>mfw Americans will keep denying that their league will move a team to London until the day it happens
The owners want it, London wants it (more tourism from Europeans), it's going to happen. Logistics is only a small obstacle, it can be worked around.

Completely irrelevant, London is a "sexy" city, Mexico City isn't. If the owners want a team to be moved to London, and apparently they all do, it will happen.

youre talking toughness man. Every sport has tough people playing in it who will endure the pain.

Sports science proved nfl hits are harder than rugby. The players are twice the size and they can literally just throw their bodies at you. Stop getting all defensive. No one is saying rugby isnt cool or is for pussies. I thinks its cool. NFL is just more violent cause its how the game is played. Nothing to be ashamed of.

You might be thinking of rugby union which is tough but less impact. Rugby league is just 80 minutes of 7 foot Australians and northerners running into each other at full speed. You'd probably enjoy it desu

Kinetic energy is half of mass times velocity squared

offensive lineman are the optimized amount of fat before energy is less

usually it's guys who would be lean at 240-50, but then tack on an extra 60 pounds of fat
pic is the same guy

>YouTube
>a customized subway for everyone in the world

I'm not arguing anything, I'm stating a fact that they did a study on all professional sports and rugby league players spent the most time out injured. If you don't read anything into that then fair enough.

it will never happen unless england floats over to our east coast. the time differences are too much of an obstacle.

>dallas cowboys are worth more than the epl

LMAO

Sorry man thats a shit metric.

Are you going to argue competitive cheerleading and gymnastics are the most dangerous sports? Sure they sustain the nastiest injuries but they still sustain less injuries and rugby and football.
alligator.org/article_e1ffe912-5c45-11e3-8aca-001a4bcf887a.html

So why do you think they are constantly increasing the number of games hosted in England, if not to test the potential for having a team based there?

>the time differences are too much of an obstacle.
The players and coaches might not like the time difference too much, but then again they don't control the league, the team owners do.

This must suck for fans of the sport in the US

because they're trying to make more money by increasing the fanbase globally, and i suppose their marketing executives decided that London is the most lucrative place to do that. the players and coaches have nothing to do with the time differences, they're always at the game. it's the fans watching on TV who wouldn't like it, the people who keep the league afloat. a primetime game in england would air at 1:00 am on america's east coast and 10:00 pm in the west.

Gymnastics obviously isn't violent as it's a non-contact sport. And as I said they don't spend as much time out injured as rugby league players. What the fuck are you even talking about.

nah truthfully as a fan who spends his sundays watching my teams game one 1 tv and having redzone on the other I dont give a shit about going to nfl games. My family even has season tickets and Im promised 2 games a year and never want to go. The camera work has gotten so good you see so much more of the game on tv. Not to mention football has an incredible amount of standing around. The tv hides this with commercials and replays. Live games flat out suck. Plus is usually cold as fuck at the games.

you don't get how the nfl operates

there's two channels that show one prime time game a week
there's two channels that show multiple regional and national day time games a week

the prime time channels pay more than the day time channels

>now
I mean it's not like I like this but you do realize this shit's been going on since 2007 right

>Jaguars
>Dolphins
>Browns
>Rams

Shit franchises and growing the game overseas, Achmed

no you're just too autistic to be around large crowds.

those sports people sustain way worse injuries and rugby and football. Youre trying to argue rugby is tougher than NFL and they play more games but its simply not true. Rugby players get hurt alot but their injuries bad enough to where its cutting most players careers short or they simply cant walk and play. Like I said sports science proved NFL hits harder. Players are bigger, faster, and stronger. Its just how the game is played. Thats why they cant play as often. And my point about cheerleading and gymnastics was that those sports arnt "violent" yet they sustain way worse injuries than rugby and NFL. How dangerous something is doesnt define how "tough" the players are.

>cold as fuck
Speak for yourself nigger. I'm in Arizona and love going to the games.

NFL players quicker, top kek

there are many people who share this opinion with me. NFL games live are boring and cold as shit. also expensive. Our tickets are $350 each and we sit in the north endzone at solider field. When the action is at the other side of the field you cant see what happened. You just have to cheer when all the other fans start to cheer. I feel like and idiot doing this. Im just cheering to cheer. I didnt even see the touchdown.

Every game in London sells out, Bong

Boreball

thesportsseer.com/2014/11/21/how-jarryd-haynes-sprint-time-compare-to-nfl-stars/

agian why the fuck are you getting so upset? Are you arguing a bunch of white guys are faster than black guys? Do I need to remind you what the 100m looks like at the olympics? Rugby is cool man just stop getting so ass blasted. No one is talking shit.

This. MMA is literally stillborn, can't even oucompete boxing during a time boxing became completely irrelevant.

t. Sharter

California is pretty, pretty close

that's what the big screens are for, autist. if you live in chicago then you should know how to dress for the cold. buy some thermals.

This is probably the best analysis

Now I just paid $350 a ticket to watch a game on a big screen tv at solider field in the freezing cold. Do you see how insane that sounds? Ill just have a viewing party at my house with all my friends and we can get drunk as fuck and not pay $10 a beer.