The Smashing Pumpkins

Hey, I'm a huge fan of the Smashing Pumpkins, got pretty much all their stuff, Oceania is probably my favourite album. I was wondering if you guys could post letting me know your thoughts on the band? I'd love a discussion, or an argument.

they're dank

1979 is my jam.

Billy Corgan is a raging faggot and Stephen Malkmus can rape his anus for all I care.

Great band. One of the best of 90s Alt Rock crop.
Siamese Dream > Mellon Collie > Gish > Adore > Machina
I've not heard the reunion stuff

Probably my favorite 90s alt rock band
Oceania is really your favorite?
I mean it's very good, probably my favorite outside of the first three.
But you really like Oceania over Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream?

Probably my favorite band as well and was my gateway for discovering different music and coming here in the first place

Absolutely voice them, they've been my favorite band for many years now.
I recently picked up the Adore remaster and it's fantastic. My next goal is an original Mellon Collie release.
But so all in all I have always just really enjoyed their sound and aesthetic. I would let Billy impregnate my wife. The Adore and Machina eras are particularly fascinating to me.

I'm also glad to see Oceania getting some love. The Celestials remains a favorite song of mine.

What's your favorite song overall OP? Mayonnaise or Stand Inside Your Love for me. For Martha being a close contender as well.

And what would you rank the albums? I'll post mine in a reply to this because I think I'm getting close to the limit.

they will always have a special place in my heart, i used to be an absolute mega fan, soma is probably one of my favourite songs of all time (though its not as hard hitting as it used to be sadly)

i found that the band helped me with a very volatile time in my life, i go back to them sometimes and enjoy it but its not quite the same

1. Siamese Dream
2. Adore
3. Mellon Collie
4. Machina I
5. Gish
6. Oceania
7. Monuments
8. Machina II
9. Zeitgeist

They peaked at Machina which is their best album imo.

Only tracks I go back to on Mellon Collie that are straight fire and have a lot of replay value are the sad boi singer song writer ones (ex:Galapagos, in the arms of sleep, thirty three) cause that's where he really shined - in the singer songwriter aspect and in general TBQH. There was a time when I really enjoyed the album as whole but now in days yeah only a few tracks still stick out. Album is a great double LP which few artists can pull off.

Siames dream use to be the GOAT album but now in days it just seems to bring back the worst kind of nostalgia for me aka freshman year HS nostalgia, gross. Still a kick ass album solid and cohesive but once more I only find myself going to the slower pieces on their. But when I was 16 that album was the ducking end game music wise.

Gish is super sweet and on the same level as SD and more experimental and I listen to this album the second most. The first being machina.

Oceania I agree is super goood to it's my third favorite LP by them or forth but it's up thier. It kind of dies off and near the second half after his failed 8 min epic track fail that wasn't that good. He just wasn't able to pull it off on this album like he usually does.

Monuments is their second worst album next to zeitgeist being their worse. But monuments also has some of my favorite tracks. I get the sound he was going for with Oceania and monuments that being more contemporary but monuments wasn't good. My fav tracks on that are Dorian, drum and fife, Anasie some of the best stuff his made in recent stuff since tacks like the celestes and my love is winter. Oceania(7.5/10)was defs a big redeemer from zeitgeist (3/10)

Ahhh what else is their to say... I saw him live for Oceania with a crowd of less then 100 people. Great fucking show. Fucking tone was on spot. I Saw him when he toured with Marilyn Manson Manson Had the better live performance but Billy had TONE!

I've really enjoyed their first three albums but have not listened to anything else. What album of their is as good as their first three?

1.Machina
2.Mellon collie
3.Adore
4.Oceania
5.Siamese dream
6.Mouments
7.zeitgest

i can't tell if this was written by a psycho, or someone that hasn't slept in two days. are you a girl or something?

Oh! And also I really liked his solo album! And wish I had his album Zwan on vinyl

Psycho indeed!

They're often my favorite band. Saw them on their tour last year, and it might have been the best show I've ever been to

>big fan

I bet you can't even name the pickups he used for the Siamese dream era or who helped him produce Machina or what the album was about . Kek pleb

Or the notable guitars from his zwan project or though which record company Oceania got released or even how Machina 2 got released or name his pre SP band and it's inflcuncss or his political points or his sons name.

Kek fucking pleb

didn't he use those lace sensor ones back then, or am i thinking of Mellon Collie?

Lace sensors... but which ones..... sus....

the blue/red ones?