>Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Legolas and Gimli

The very essence of the word "bromance"

>Posting the best three in the first three posts

HE WAS A CONSOLE OF ROME

When you go into gay territory, you're excluded, sorry.

Vorenus was a piece of shit for most of the series desu

I guess Sam and Frodo are out then

Homoerotic tension isn't gay silly. He just wants to eat him a bit.

real bromance>fictional bromance

No, he was a son of Hades

not really "better", but bros nonetheless.

Probably the best depiction of it honestly. You could genuinely believe they hate each-other at times, especially the beginning and you could tell they would do anything for each other by the end. Not to mention all the shenanigans they both went through dealing with their various kids.

That show was pretty shit desu. A shame because the historical setting is really interesting

I think Tolkien had a different idea when referencing the war bond experience but honestly, he made it a little too gay at times and should have pulled it back.

>mfw someone thinks Gooserick isn't OTP
Iceverick fags need not apply

Rome not only had the best bromance, but it had Titus and young Octavian too. Nothing bonds men better than having a jolly good time torturing some poor sod in the sewers.

Rome also had the best daddy-figure-mance

Rome not only had the best jolly good time torturing some poor sod in the sewers, but it has the best Newsreader too. Nothing bonds the city better than a jolly fat man reading current events in public.

Crixus and Spartacus

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was a mirror image of those relationships that can appear only between soldiers in times of war.

> yup

>>Protip: You can't.
FUCK YOU.
>pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus.

>>Protip: You can't.

any Leone movie tbph

Fuck yeah Gaius and Aulus

>Implying the real life version of Vorenus and Pullo couldn't beat the living shit out of the real life version of Gaius and Aulus

The bromance in End of Watch was stronger

needs more time to develop but it has potential
>you and your brother will never operate together

Of course, it's true. Pullo and Vorenus were soldiers. Gaius and Aulus were bros.

second breakfast?

>Lucius Vorenus was one of the two soldiers of the 11th Legion (Legio XI Claudia) mentioned in the personal writings of Julius Caesar. The other soldier mentioned was Titus Pullo.

>He appears, along with Pullo, in Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico, Book 5, Chapter 44. The episode describes the two as centurions, approaching the first ranks, who shared a bitter personal rivalry. It relates how Pullo charged the enemy (the Nervii) in the heat of battle. Pullo casts his javelin into one of the enemy from a short distance, but his belt is simultaneously pierced by a spear, preventing him from drawing his sword, and he is surrounded by other Nervii. Just then L. Vorenus, following Pullo from the fortifications, reached the site of the mêlée and engaged the enemy in hand-to-hand combat. After slaying one of the enemy and driving back the rest, Vorenus lost his footing on the irregular terrain. As the Nervii drew closer to him, Pullo came to his rescue. After slaying many of their opponents, the two retreated to the fortifications amidst roaring applause from their comrades.

Can you get any more based?

You cannot into context. That's a false flag attack against two flaming homos.

Its potential died after the first season just like the show itself

Did ancient Romans really have shirts with eagle patterns on it like that?

kek

I think its specifically for legionnairies, so that even when not in full armor, citizens can recognize the soldiers

;_;

now that is a scene I want to see filmed.

Thank you

Vorenus was a good person with bad temper and in shitty circumstances. He's a complete mess.

The situation was a mess. Vorenus acted rationally in all instances.