Noise Rock > any Punk music >>>>> any Metal "music"

Noise Rock > any Punk music >>>>> any Metal "music"

Yeah sure, if you're a little bitch who can't handle visceral intensity and has thus chose to listen to inferior attempts at layered texture in music.

Noise rock is a memegenre

Post-punk >>> noise rock

>noise rock
when you can't write a song worth listening to so you layer cacophony at varying rates of intensity

>punk rock
when you can write 30 seconds of a song worth listening to so you do exactly that forever

>metal rock
when you write a symphony to rival beethoven but you obscure it ironically behind epic riffs and sick vocals

Haha joke's on you I only listen to rock metal

Holy shit

>metal fans

Noise rock, post-punk, industrial (and all of its subgenres) - these are the refuges of angst-ridden children who have just broken free from the constraints of Sup Forumscore and wish to affect "unique" taste.

>noise rock = punk = metal
Real patricians only

Dumb weeb

name a noise album or punk album better than ride the lightning or master of puppets

protip: you literally cant

Both of those albums are shit

>can't make valid points so resorts to awful attempts at shit talking
How embarrassing. But then, I wouldn't expect much creativity from a person who genuinely thinks a genre as boring as noise rock is any good.

Whatever you say kid

>when you write a symphony to rival beethoven but you obscure it ironically behind epic riffs and sick vocals

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA HOLY FUCK METALFAGS ARE DELUSIONAL

>when you write a symphony to rival beethoven but you obscure it ironically behind epic riffs and sick vocals

Explain why metal is shit without mentioning vocals(and lyrics) or the fanbase.
Right now.

Virginity.

>best selling noise rock record: Daydream Nation at 169,000
>best selling metal record: Metallica's Black Album that sold over 20 million, and has an anthem track played at every big social event
Lmao yeah sure, metal's the more weirdo loser asocial one.

Lemmy alone has fucked more girls than all noise rock band artists' lays put together.

Who is this semen demon

LMAO TRIGGERED METALFAG

Want to recognize how a genre's shit? When it's even more repetitive in its sections than even radio pop music. Because listening to the same riff played for 17 minutes straight is so genius, right my fellow Sister Rays?

care to explain why?

Was this supposed to be an argument against metal? This is literally the entirety of rock sand prog and math.

>I-I a-am not triggered, y-you are!
>the misanthrope types while adjusting his fedora due to his fuming, channeling his faux nihilism in an attempt to appear cool

yeah metal does suck

...dude... stop...

>sand
sans*

>Sister Ray
>exact same riff for 17 minutes
>either one of these metal
Nigga what?

>metal rock

I'm triggered.

Get a load of this guy

Metal is for children, just accept it

Teodora from Legend Quest
she's toppest new waifu

>numales trying to DC because they can't handle objective fact
Damn, how can one be this delusional?

KEEP GOING HAHAHHAAA

But seriously, why do metalshits have such thin skin?

Shitty predictable riffs and soloing
Metallica is a pleb version of Megadeth

le epic lyrics and riffs rawr XD

get some taste metalfags

Nah, I live in reality.

Damage control is still damage control, my man. You got wrecked, and no amount of "haha" pics will change that.

>repeats the same theme throughout entire tracks
>nowhere near as intense as metal
This shit is literally music for weak beta faggots who can't handle actually intense music that also requires attention like metal. Shit in every musically quantifiable way.

>muh INTENSITY
This is why no one takes metalfags seriously, you like a literal gimmick genre for edgy teenagers

Do you even understand the concept of wrecking lmaooooo

Over reliance on DUDE DISTORTION AND LOUD LOL
Delusion obsession with 'Symphonies' despite only fucking focusing on Beethoven or Wagner
Generally poor quality, highly compressed
Each genre is just like the last, but either faster or slower

>This shit is literally music for weak beta faggots who can't handle actually intense music that also requires attention like metal. Shit in every musically quantifiable way.

What a tough guy! I'm so scared of your manliness

t. nu-male

Judging music based on the genre label people choose to apply to it is an exclusively pleb activity, it's just really fun and easy to bait metalfags because they're overly defensive crybabies.

I've never heard a metal album that even approaches Daydream Nation or The Modern Dance though.

>implying sheer visceral intensity is not a quality of music
Metal ensures heaviness, speed, and a constant driven progression to ensure that it maximizes intensity in ways other genres don't do. It's the best at delivering that experience the way western art music is the best at delivering more intricate, cerebral experiences. Noise rock on the other hand is inferior because we have more ambient and drone oriented style of music that explore textures in a much more sophisticated way.

Yeah, it's what keeps happening to you every time you respond to me.

This is a factual statement that would be true even if I was not a true alpha male badass.

You can't actually be serious right now

Total masterpiece, sonic youth never made a bad album

>motorhead
>metal

>people actually defending metal in this thread

>that even approaches Daydream Nation or The Modern Dance though
Both records entail very basic riffs that are repeated throughout the entirety of their respective songs. The music doesn't progress anywhere near as much as metal, yet doesn't have the sophistication of more cerebral music to make up for it (like why the fuck listen to Pere Ubu when you can just listen to metal and a guy like Stockhausen?)

I see you have moved on from projection and delusion to more straightforward denial of the truth.

>n-no you guys can't have Lemmy it's not fair you guys have such a cool guy in your genre!
Sorry my man, but Motörhead is the epitome of NWOBHM and one of the bands responsible for the formation of thrash metal.

>people ITT: lel metal sucks so much
>get proven wrong
>afterward: lel we were just trolling, r-really it was just a j-joke you got worked, we aren't insecure that we listen to objectively inferior garbage.

>very basic riffs
Do a roman numeral analysis of "Candle". I assume you're well-versed in harmony and aren't just namedropping art music to appear superior?

>this whole post

Metal will never be artistically greater than Indie rock, just fucking accept it
>Indie rock
You know what I mean
>inb4 numale
I GUARANTEE I've fucked more chicks than you bitch, I would fucking dominate your pathetic ass if we met, you'd realise just how superior I am to you

>people ITT: lel metal sucks so much
>guy thinks he has proven them wrong
>afterward: lel metal sucks so much

Not metal, even Lemmy agreed, and lel at you showing me s-stutter as if I was nervous, is that projection?

get some taste metalfags

Get some taste metalfags

This is the best thread I have seen in a long time.

imagine telling someone you listen to "noise rock"

I can't even imagine the pastas that will come out of this with all the triggered people, metal fans or not

Imagine telling someone you listen to metal

Imagine telling someone you listen to music

Imagine telling someone that you listen to sounds

>Metal
>Cerebral

Most of the track's got basic bitch C chord D chord shit just fancied up with half step movements from those or inversions added so a C can look like an A chord. A roman numeral analysis of Candle would be pointless. It's very simplistic from that perspective in terms of progression, but really it's biggest offender is repeating the same old shit for extremely long periods of time with no variation.

This only has the heaviness. That's it. Boring as fuck with its repetition otherwise.

One only believes in this if they live in their tiny middle class white boy bubble. Metal's about the music, not aesthetic, so it's loved by people around the world.

Yet to see any valid refutations that aren't people trying to "lel we trolled ya" style damage control. These people were only expecting le typical angry baited person, not a patrician like me that has pointed out the actual flaws within inferior genres like noise rock and indie rock.

Lemmy called Motorhead rock n roll, AIC called themselves metal. Doesn't make either true. Also it's not projection when it's the truth.

I never called metal cerebral though. In the very same post I posited that it's better to go metal for visceral and Stockhausen for cerebral instead of Pere Ubu's being shit at both. It doesn't surprise me that you of such low intelligence wouldn't be able to read correctly, but please, don't embarrass yourself and waste others' time like this.

>Metal's about the music, not aesthetic
Just shut the fuck up lmao

>Most of the track's got basic bitch C chord D chord shit just fancied up with half step movements from those or inversions added so a C can look like an A chord. A roman numeral analysis of Candle would be pointless.
Lmao, I like how you probably spent 20 minutes trying to work it out before realising you don't know what you're talking about so reverted to this cop-out response.

You literally have no argument, there's nothing to refute in your post, you have only posted your opinions on what you like in music while presenting them as universal fact, like a retard. If you don't see this, you need to be put down

Wow, it's really that easy to trigger metalheads?

It is though. You don't see those large ass stadiums around the world from everywhere to Download Festival to venues in Brazil and India that hold 100000s of people for noise rock.

You really are an idiot, try to argue relevant points next time. That still doesn't mean it's not aesthetics first

The plebs do tend to be large in number

You keep pointing out things but you still come out as "le typical angry baited person". The fact you keep replying proves this further.
Besides you seem to be in a delusional state where you think the only good genre is Metal, which is not true. I enjoy both noise rock, punk rock and Metal (not Metal Rock, seriously).
Stop replying. You enjoy metal, that's fine, go enjoy metal.

>Stop replying.
Hell no, I'm enjoying this

>let me assume something to make myself feel better
Hahahahah nah. See, you posited that the track's progression is something highly sophisticated, yet I showed that it's just a handful of basic bitch chords. Sorry this music you like is so boring, maybe I could've said more if it was actually exciting and interesting.

There are quantifiable aspects of music. Metal tends to rank highly on the intense visceral aspects of it, western art music and some jazz ranks highly on the more complex/intricate aspects of music, those make them worth listening to. Noise rock has neither the intensity of the earlier, nor the depth of the latter. It's objectively inferior.

There I repeated it for you since your dumb fuck ass was too stupid to pick it up the first few times.

This is not the first statement from you guys that has the "le so triggered" in it. You guys are getting as boringly repetitive as your music.

This really is another noise rock and indie rock get BTFO by metal again episode.

>See, you posited that the track's progression is something highly sophisticated, yet I showed that it's just a handful of basic bitch chords.
If it's so basic then you should be able to analyse it in just a few seconds.

Am I the only one that enjoys Industrial and Punk's "aggressiveness" more than Metal?
I don't know if I'm explaining it well, but when I want something angry I tend to go to those more than Metal.
I actually put some Doom Metal when I want to relax, for example.

>don't see being able to cater to a diverse group of people rather than a very specific niche of middle class white people as an example of music over aesthetic
Wow...I think you guys might actually be mentally retarded. Like get special ed or something.

See, actual evidence from this very thread proves you wrong at every corner.

>the fact you keep replying
A lot more replying to me than the other way around. I think that would make me the bait master here.

>the only good genre is Metal
>mentions of me bringing up art music, experimental electronic (Stockhausen), and some jazz as also good genres of music
Please, continue to show you have no clue what you're talking about. Pretentious indie faggot.

Bruh Sup Forums has already moved on to two more FOTMs after Teodora.
Demencia is the hot new waifu.

ITT: people who turned "agnostic" because they were afraid of the fedora meme.

I did. It's just so basic that it doesn't even warrant a full on analysis like you asked. Again, listen to better music, then you'll get more interesting analysis.

That's because industrial and punk's aggressiveness is not on as crazy a level as metal's, and thus much easier for a pleb to grasp their head around.

>Pretentious indie faggot.
I like metal.
And Coldplay.
Faggot.
All I was saying is that you keep coming off as an annoying bitch, regardless of being right or wrong, and it's the only reason people keep replying to you.

Metal is too self-conscious and serious to be any useful for aggressiveness. There's zero spontaneity there.

So Cartoon Network moved from tumblr to deviantart

Also of noise rock that I've heard is vastly heavier and more visceral than the metal that I've heard, would you really call Yngwie malmsteen heavier than Big Black? Most metal is while loud and distorted, painfully dull in its themes and execution, never living up to its potential, never artistically capturing the raw visceral aesthetic like the best noise rock. Besides, when metal actually DOES stop being it's usual dull self and actually try at being intense beyond le loud fast and distorted, it's usually the result of heavy mixture with noise rock aesthetics. The best metal couldn't be more visceral than the best noise rock of it tried, without going itself into the territory of noise rock

>metal is too serious
lmfao
You diss metal pretty much the same way I diss rap. Without actually listening to it.

>I did.
Post it here then?

>rather than a very specific niche of middle class white people as an example of music over aesthetic
Not an argument dude

>stop defending your music taste and just follow Sup Forums
What a little bitch. Not even him btw.

Post me in the screencap

Not follow Sup Forums
Ignore Sup Forums.
A much better solution.

defending your music taste so aggressively = being an autistic faggot

There is a theatrical component to some metal that removes any semblance of aggression