Who's the best drummer in the world, and why is it this guy?

Who's the best drummer in the world, and why is it this guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=11eis4XVfVE
youtube.com/watch?v=j-SV0xzKUYg
youtube.com/watch?v=9d75JaaUVuU
youtube.com/watch?v=4pvfQtUhtNE
youtube.com/watch?v=wKEZfdeH0lI
youtube.com/watch?v=8JpHoAnaPK0
youtu.be/QPNcDUW9fQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ALL THE

That's not Simon Phillips!

are you twelve?

prob some obscure jazz or session drummer
the guy from toe is my fav tho

I don't remember Dave Grohl looking like that

SMALL THINGS

Literally who?

It's a thread asking who the best drummer in the world is, and why it's Travis Barker. Can't you read?

No I'm 26. But my age is irrelevant. Clearly you have no argument to defend what you're saying.

>session drummers
Session drummers are versatile and some can be very good and talented, sure, but they don't push boundaries do they? They don't define new styles do they? In a word: no. No they don't.

Dave Grohl is shit.

Not the best
but the favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=11eis4XVfVE

Best modern drummer is Zach Hill probably that guy has infinite energy and I can't think of many drummers that would be able to keep up with those time signatures

nice try faget the REV from a7x is and was the best drummer RIP

Sounds terrible and literally nothing on Travis

>Meme Shits
Lol no

He was pretty good. But Travis is better.

He's such a beast; like a cross between Billy Cobham and Ian Paice. I've been lucky enough to see him twice (With Toto and Hiromi Uehara) and he was immaculate both times.

youtube.com/watch?v=j-SV0xzKUYg

how about something that actually showcases talent?
youtube.com/watch?v=9d75JaaUVuU
youtube.com/watch?v=4pvfQtUhtNE

you sound like you're in a pop punk band which is pretty sad for a 26 year old

>what is hella
>what are his solo projects
>what are The I.L.Y.s

whatever you say toots

Phillips is damn good. Other considerations: Chris Dave, Billy Martin, Elvin Jones, Bill Bruford, Jack DeJohnette

Matt Garstka. Thread closed.

the absolute madman
youtube.com/watch?v=wKEZfdeH0lI

youtube.com/watch?v=8JpHoAnaPK0
best drummer alive is bill bruford though
I dont think I even need to listen to a member of blink 182 to know they arent talented

youtu.be/QPNcDUW9fQM
nevermind I dont really like that version of dracula mountain

No, just a fan of it (and other stuff). Also I think it's hilarious that you think you have to like a certain kind of music because you're a certain age. How sad that you let other people dictate your tastes. Jej.

I don't know what those things are or what you're referring to

>I dont think I even need to listen to a member of blink 182 to know they arent talented
Genuinely not an argument

you seemed to associate zack hill with death grips which makes you retarded and now nobody can take your opinion seriously

Wrong

>I don't know what those things are or what you're referring to
It shows. Do some research before you make a retarded post.

OP is a condescending cunt with bad taste but Travis Barker is actually a talented drummer.

>No one has posted Keith Moon or Ringo
what the fuck Sup Forums

Wrong. It's Claude Coleman Jr.

it's obviously Buddy Rich come on Sup Forums

And he got a big ole' dicc.

Is he not the drummer for them? I thought he was because I've seen him mentioned alongside their name on Sup Forums

I don't know who is or anything about that "band" because they're shit and I don't want to know anything about them

Why the fuck would I research something I don't give a fuck about you fucking idiot?

He is. Very talented.

Childhood is thinking Travis Barker is the best drummer on Earth. Adolescence is thinking Travis Barker is the LAMEST drummer on Earth. Adulthood is knowing that actually, Travis Barker is very technically talented, has his rudiments down to a tee, is incredibly precise, and also has been very inventive over the years (although on the latest blink album he's definitely less inventive I think; he plays much more "vanilla" beats than before, which is a bit of a shame)

Dino Sex

Probably Terry Bozzio or someone else who drummed for Zappa

John Bonham, Jimmy Chamberlain, Matt Cameron, Stewart Copeland, perhaps.

He's a commie and he hasnt been able to drum since the early seventies tbqh

"best" threads are always retarded. Just do pantheon tier drummers, it's better, there are too many drummers with different styles and musical backgrounds to be appreciated. and for the record, travis aint one of them. unless you want to talk about the greatest bubblegum punk drummer of all time, in which case he may very well be the goat of that genre.

Whoever was drumming in this.

Greatest drummer threads are literally so retarded. it's just constant dick measuring between people that are infinitely more talented than the posters in the thread. It also shows how little appreciation people on this board have for drumming beyond "look at how fast and long that solo is man". Drumming is the oldest instrument and can go far further than that shit. I usually think the drummers people post are good too, but just going "nah man he aint got shit on ____" is fucking trivial and a poor excuse for "discussion"

shit

Elvin Jones

Zach has been drumming for like 30 other bands other than Death Grips for the past decade

Disappointed in Sup Forums for not mentioning the one true God

session drummers often have_other_work ya know. But anyway that was just one point. Most jazz drummers etc and the guy I mentioned consistently sound excellent; even when doing rudimentary shit. Technique is incredible.
But whatever. Have a nice day friend.

Classic Sup Forums. Always wrong. Everyone knows that Meg White is the best drummer.

>Halleluhwah

>another "best" thread
oh great

Of course they're skilled. But that's all they are.

session drummers usually have projects where they can explore their creative side and only do sessions for money. how the fuck do you think the music industry works

unfortunately, he is deceased
i doubt he was best in world skill-level at the time of his death too

>gives someone shit for saying "I dont think I even need to listen to a member of blink 182 to know they arent talented"
>Refuses to listen to any Zach Hill related projects yet thinks he can honestly say Zach Hill isn't talented

Please be baiting. There's nobody someone can honestly be this dumb, can they?

>I don't know what those things are or what you're referring to

YOU ARENT ALLOWED AN OPINION, PLEB

That doesn't look like Zach Hill

>all these rock drummers
>when we all know the best drummer ever is prolly some obscure jazz fuck
Regardless, best rock drummer is Brendan Canty.