Is female pop music finally finished?

Male Latino pop, rap, normal pop and rock are rising while Katy Perry can't even get a top40 hit.

Is the age of shitty female pop music finally over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwfYTSdJ7kY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I haven't heard a song made by a women released recently that I've liked. Change my mind Sup Forums!

They're ok for fapping to tho

BRAAAAAAAAAPPP
BRRRRAAAAAAPP

Just pretty sure no big female pop artists have released recently
Katy Perry has been dying from mainstream for a while

I think trump winning had a sociological effect on america.

youtube.com/watch?v=jwfYTSdJ7kY

Katy has terrible instincts and got too much creative control; she didn't even intend to issue Dark Horse as a single

>implying Carly Rae Jepsen's next album won't save pop

>implying she isn't a one hit wonder

>one hit wonder who rebranded herself as le indeh girl
>topping the charts

>rebranded herself as le indeh girl
She never did this, hipsters just rebranded themselves as poptimists

Nice. I actually like CRJ. Which charts?

oh you know.... just charts....

The age of shitty male pop is just really strong right now, it goes back and forth.

Lana Del Rey is here to save the day kids. She's also the hottest and the best of all the girls. Best girl by far.

I have a theory.

Democratic president : pop music is dominate
Republican president : rock comes back.

I made a thread about it before.
But it will be confirmed when 21 pilots and coldplay are topping the charts and really garbage female pop music is dying.

well if rock does fully come back then im going to laugh, You dumb poptamist bitches were in power too long anyways.

This is true and the only non-degenerate choice but lbr she ain't gonna save the Top 40

Katy's career is obviously done for, not only because of her shitty new singles, but because of her actions this year so far

Don't worry OP, once Taylor Swift drops a few singles off her new album she'll be back to dominating the charts, same with Miley Cyrus once she drops a few new singles, she was #10 last week.

Selena Gomez is doing decent as well, her collab with Kygo was in the top 10 for a few weeks this year, it's still in the top 20, and her newest solo single is slowly rising up.

Female Pop isn't dying, just the careers of 2 of its' biggest megastars have (Katy Perry and recently Lady Gaga), once the other juggernauts make their return everything will be back to normal and Mumble Rap will just be other trend like Crunk and Snap.

the future is soft rock, folk pop, mumble rap, and EDM bros stomping on your face forever

So far all I'm seeing in the Trump era so far is Hip Hop dominating the Top 10, all throughout the end of 2016 and all of 2017, ever since he took office pretty much.

Rock hasn't been shit for a while and it ain't coming back anytime soon. Paramore and Fall Out Boy's newest songs aren't anywhere on the charts besides Hard Times being at the bottom and slowly going down, even Harry Style's new Rock shit isn't charting besides the first single which just got on the charts off name alone.

And Imagine Dragons have released several singles this year so far, and they're all at the bottom of the charts. Linkin Park's only charting single off their new album is only on the charts because of its' Pop appeal and the female guest on it.

Rock is dead in the mainstream and it has been for a long time, Hip Hop is officially the new majority.

She couldn't even get a top40 song with a Max Martin sellout song featuring an extremely popular male artist.

Her career is over, just the curse of all female pop artists in their 30's.

It felt that way with Crunk/Snap music in the mid-to-late 2000s as well, pretty much all of 2003-2007 have been dominated with ringtone rap and Crunk beats on the charts.

Mumble Rap hasn't even been around that long yet, after 2017 it'll be long gone and a new Hip Hop trend will take its' place.

>thinking hip hop being waterd down pop is a good thing

only down hill from here

Never said it was a good thing, just saying that your dream of Rock music making a comeback on the charts is never gonna happen

You seem really antagonistic to this idea.
Like you get off on rock being unpopular.

I suggest you seek a therapist

I'm glad it isn't

The most popular stuff is cluttered with Pop and EDM influence, the less Rock on the charts, the more likely bands will be to make actual Rock music

this makes me nostalgic about the Crunk era t b h