Honestly,do you rate him? Do you think he is one of the Top 10 managers in the world? What are his qualities...

Honestly,do you rate him? Do you think he is one of the Top 10 managers in the world? What are his qualities? What are his negative traits when it comes to management?

Other urls found in this thread:

twentyminutereads.com/2015/08/04/a-loner-with-a-laptop/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's shit and that's why he doesn't have a top job in a top league

Like everyone on his squad on Liverpool except based Alonso, he became shit after leaving Liverpool, although he may find redemption on Championship

big sam did a better job in the championship with the geordies

Honestly once he retires the only thing we'll all remember about him is the "facts" rant and how embarrassing it was

>Became shit after Liverpool
>Managed Inter, Chelsea and Napoli afterwards
>Became shit

What the fuck are you talking about

>failing at Inter chelsea and napoli is a good thing

>Failing

desu nothing he said in that was wrong. just the media made a big deal out of it. fergie ran the league back then and he was man enough to challenge the dictator

Liverpool fan here, NO

He took much of the credit for Xabi and Stevie's accomplishments and his autistic tactics probably cost Stevie at least 1 PL medal

Fuck off did he fail at Chelsea, he single-handedly stopped a sinking ship and won the cunts a European trophy in the process. At Napoli he never got them competitive in the Champions League but made reliable title contenders in a league dominated by the Juventus monopoly.

He is not a bad manager at all.
He is quite good and able to deliver trophies.
However, he is not a top 10 managers anymore, despite his past success at La Liga.

Besides winning Europa League in Chelsea, what else did he do?

Top 10? he is fucking mediocre

In terms of silverware
>Italian Super Cup
>Club World Cup
>Italian Cup

>no more Rafa
>no more Ferguson

What's the closest Liverpool got under Rafa? Did they finish 2nd once or twice, honestly can't remember

he won the champions league at liverpool
two CL finals at Valencia
Europa League at Valencia
2 La Liga at Valencia
half-CL at Real Madrid
National Cups all over the place

he's a good manager, not the highest highest level, but one of the most successful ones from this generation
150+ European games

close to 1000 matches, just not an expert at winning leagues
only 56 years old
will make a great manager at international level, I presume, when he decides to go that way

Twice. 2009-09 we only lost one fucking game in the league all season and still managed to finish two points below United.

I meant AFTER Liverpool, filhinho

there's a few of cups in Italy, the EL in Chelsea the semi-failed experience at RM, and the work he's doing at Newcastle.

Yeah, pale next to his work at Liverpool

>two CL finals at Valencia

That was Hector Cuper

>The Reds were sat top of the Premier League and looking fairly comfortable at the time, but after Benitez’s bizarre “facts” tirade against Ferguson, the tide in the title race changed dramatically as United eventually overtook the Merseysiders, who spectacularly collapsed.

>Now with Gerrard at LA Galaxy in the MLS, the former skipper has revealed the reaction from the Red Devils camp following the incident.

>The 35-year-old midfielder said: “When I met up with England all the Manchester United players told me Fergie was just laughing at Rafa, saying: ‘I’ve got him. I’ve got him.'”

Gerrard thinks that anyone who doesn't play Phill Collins should be beheaded. He's not exactly a reliable source of information.

Once in 09

It was the season Rafa had the whole "facts" bantz with the media

>tfw Liverpool fans unironically bashed Stevie's autobiography for "disturbing the peace" when he's just telling it like it is

I love this team, but I just fucking can't with this fanbase

He was easily one of the top 10 managers of 2000-2010. But he's not anymore.

Maybe it has something to do with Gerrard whining about Benitez because he wasn't friendly enough to him (despite winning him his only relevant trophies), the fact that Gerrard and Carragher got Benitez fired, and that they both desperately wanted Roy Hodgson (remember how that worked out?). Gerrard was a great player, but he's also a bit of an idiot. Remember when he compared Joe Cole to Lionel Messi?

In fact, in "his" book, Benitez is the only manager that Gerrard has any real complaints about. He fucking loved Hodgson, Rodgers, Dalglish, and Houllier.

He's mourinho "i was good 10 years ago" tier

>Rafa was the only manager he had issues with

Considering Stevie pretty much got on really well with everyone, including guys like Rooney and Suarez, that says a lot

>Gerrard and Carragher got Rafa fired

Rafa finished 7th in the league after he stupidly pissed off Xabi and got him sold. Not saying Stevie couldn't have went about it in a better way, but Rafa mostly got himself fired. Selling Xabi flat out ruined Liverpool's future as well and we still haven't fully recovered even today.

>Rafa won Stevie his trophies

Bit of a meme

Stevie did most of the heavy lifting; Rafa took a lot of credit for him

Rafa was very good in the CL tbf, but he had an awful transfer record and insisted on overly negative tactics in the PL, which led to way too many 0-0 draws and you can't win a PL that way today

Mourinho won a title 1 year ago

He also put Chelsea in the relegation zone in fucking October

>Considering Stevie pretty much got on really well with everyone, including guys like Rooney and Suarez, that says a lot

Says that he needed to be coddled. "Wah, Rafa didn't put his arm around my shoulder and tell me how special I am!"

>Selling Xabi flat out ruined Liverpool's future as well and we still haven't fully recovered even today.

Really? You think it was Xabi? Not maybe Hicks and Gillette driving the club to bankruptcy? Even if Xabi hadn't been sold that summer, he would have left along with Torres and Mascherano the next year anyway.

>and insisted on overly negative tactics in the PL, which led to way too many 0-0 draws and you can't win a PL that way today

Those overly negative tactics kept them competitive. Chelsea and Man United were already blowing Liverpool out of the water in terms of spending when Benitez came along. In order to keep up, he had to be pragmatic. That's part of the reason why Moores was looking to sell the club in '07, he just made a horrible mistake by selling to Texans instead of Arabs (the same Arabs who bought Man City the following season btw).

Last year, when little mercenary faggots like Fabregas and Costa gave up on him. Not exactly the same as "good 10 years ago".

Mourinho is a mercenary himself. Funny how every club does better after he leaves

Napoli where more competitve last year that they were any season under Benitez, he even failed to qualify for the CL once

>Funny how every club does better after he leaves

You're seriously going to say that Porto and Inter did better after he left? Or that Chelsea did better immediately after he left?

Madrid has been miles better since, Chelsea under Conte looks a lot better, Chelsea under carlo were also better and they deserved a treble 2bh. Mourinho also is doing worse than van gaal or moyes did at manure

>Madrid has been miles better since

How many league titles have they won? Their 2 CLs are very impressive, but a lot of times those games hinge on random luck. Like if Ramos hadn't fired a penalty 1000 feet over the bar in the 2012 semifinals, or if Malaga had advanced in 2013 instead of Dortmund (like they deserved)....things could be very different.

>Chelsea under Conte looks a lot better,

But has yet to win anything.

>Chelsea under carlo were also better and they deserved a treble 2bh

Chelsea had 4 managers in between Mourinho and Ancelotti. And not taking anything away from Ancelotti, because he did a great job, but they "only" won one title.

>Mourinho also is doing worse than van gaal or moyes did at manure

True, at least so far.

In regards to Newcastle, it's surprising that he is so well thought of when he had 3 games against Norwich (relegated), Villa (relegated) and Sunderland (nearly relegated) but dropped points in each of them. If he could have got a squad of far better players to win one of those matches Newcastle may have stayed up.

Smashing a mentally broken Spurs team on the final day probably improved their opinion of him somewhat.

It's almost as if there were massive problems at the club that couldn't be fixed in 3 games

He only had to win one of 3 games against relegation contenders with a far better squad. I'm not criticizing him for not winning the league here.

>far better squad
not true at all Sissoko was the best player in that squad and now everyone knows how wank he actually is

>Besides

>Managed Inter, Chelsea and Napoli

Yeah and failed which is why he's managing a fucking Championship team

>needed to be "coddled"
I've never seen Stevie quit on the field or even give anything less than 100%, so clearly not being "coddled' didn't affect his contributions to the team. It's part of the manager's job to motivate players to play to the best of their ability. Rafa didn't do his job right, and frankly Stevie has done way more for the club than he has, so if anything Stevie should take priority in this matter.

>Selling Xabi
The ownership change didn't help matters much, but Xabi leaving really didn't have much to do with that.

>Xabi would have left eventually
You underestimate the loyalty of that man. The only one that would have eventually left might have been Masch.

If Xabi stayed Nando would not have left either, and Aguero would have eventually joined Liverpool instead of City....

>overly negative tactics
I was referring to the tactics against midtable teams. Back then the EPL was more or less a four horse race and upsets were far less likely than they are today. It would have made much more sense to play an attacking style in the EPL. It may have led to a few more losses, but a lot more wins too, and in the long run more points in the table.

>The ownership change didn't help matters much, but Xabi leaving really didn't have much to do with that.

That's exactly what I'm saying. It had nothing to do with that. The club was fucked financially with or without Xabi.

>If Xabi stayed Nando would not have left either, and Aguero would have eventually joined Liverpool instead of City....

This is delusional. Liverpool were bankrupt. On the verge of administration. That's why Mascherano and Torres left, they knew it would take years to build Liverpool back up to its 05-08 level and they weren't willing to waste their careers. Alonso would have left for the same reason. Liverpool don't even have the money to pay Aguero's wages right now, let alone back in 2011 when FSG were still busy trying to clear the club's debts and undo the damage done by the Texans.

this desu senpai

Porto being kinda bad now is not Mourinho's fault. We couldn't expect to stay at the top of the world after 2004. We still dominated the League until 2013, as we had since 1985

Good tactically 2000-2010
Always shit at management. 100% has Aspergers syndrome.

twentyminutereads.com/2015/08/04/a-loner-with-a-laptop/
Relevant read

*Man management, sorry

Napoli fan here, watched every single game before, after and during Benitez time.

I hated the fat fuck. Destroyed the defensive stability the team had under Mazzarri, never improved the offense despite having better players. Never got along personally with key members of the squad. Highlight of his time in the club was coming in third place in the CL group, yippee.

The season after we left Higuain went from 18 to 36 goals in the league and >we played the best football in Italy.

Big Sam didn't manage in the Championship with the geordies

>aspergers syndrome

You mean he's a selfish, insular fat git?

The EL should be regarded as a worthless trophy for any team that considers itself CL contender.