Are they dadrock?

are they dadrock?

im really conflicted because some of their stuff is actually really good (objectively) but dad rock is just derivative trash, they tick all the boxes for dad rock but aren't too bad?

>dad rock is just derivative trash
how old are you? is your like ruled by memes are something?

yes they are, if you stop listening to them this instant you might be able to save face and still appear to be patrician you insecure little dweeb

What the fuck is the matter with you you little faggot

>I'm really conflicted because I like these guys' music but Sup Forums is telling me I shouldn't because they bash on the genre all the time
nah fuck off

>people actually take "dadrock" seriously
>they're affected by the question of whether or not something is "dadrock"

>conflicted because a mu meme told him so
Cosmo's Factory has been patrician for a long time, user

dec 1967: john fogerty rounds up the troops "c'mon guys we only have 2 hours of studio time to record some dad-rock! Then we have to turn the space over to a psychedelic band who specialize in Proto-Punk"
The rest of CCR look a little perplexed, "John, I thought we were about roots, rhythm and blues"says brother Tom.
"I'm sorry" John whispers, "i had a weird dream last night I was in the future and the music we made was described in relation to that time...it won't happen again...say does this vest make me look like Han Solo?"

>but dad rock is just derivative trash
Develop a personality you stupid meme monkey

If you actually dictate what you like based on outside labels, ESPECIALLY ones dictated by Sup Forums, you are a soulless tryhard.

Don't let anyone tell you what to like or dislike. As long as you can justify what you like, even with something as generic as "its fun," then go nuts.

Your a fuckin pleb, not for listening to CCR, but for believing this dadrock bullshit

>dad rock is just derivative trash
you're dumber than a bag of rocks, op

Don't worry OP. Everyone here is bashing you, but their charts are probably 75% Sup Forumscore at all times. They don't have a sense of self either. Listen to what you want OP.

>dad's dad rock is comfier than my rock which is now dad rock

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN

EFFIGIES

>go to youtube
>type ccr fortunate son on search bar
>click on video
>it ain't me starts playing

EARLY IN THE MORNING

You say "Dad Rock" like it's a B-A-A-A-D thing.

One day the music you like will be considered "Dad Rock". Think about THAT!
(And CCR is GOAT so who the fuck cares if it's "Dad Rock" or not?)

>It Ain't Me starts playing

You might've gotten dubs but you didn't know the name of the song is Fortunate Son.

and youre a newfag, whats your point

SOME FOLKS ARE BORN. SILLLVER DUBS IN HAND

>Caring about buzzwords like "Dadrock"

they're great, but they'd be more like grandad rock at this point. At least be accurate with your meaningless buzz words.

Is there any easier way to spot a newfag than someone taking terms like "dadrock" seriously?

Memes and shitposting aside, they are a great band, which helped pioneer a genre and were one of the best to ever do it. They also released 6 classic albums in the span of just 3 years. I'd argue that they're massively overlooked.

>dadrock is just derivative trash

Wanna know how I can tell you're underage?

Holy shit you deserve to die

Dadrock=\=trash

6 classics in 3 years. They're basically the Hillbilly Beatles

CCR is patrician