What should the next "sequel" be?

What should the next "sequel" be?

Other urls found in this thread:

thevintagenews.com/2015/08/29/hbos-the-mighty-eighth-an-update-its-getting-close-500-million-budget/
youtube.com/watch?v=sBy_FIlcOJs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chosin_Reservoir
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Provisional_Marine_Brigade
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The North African Campaign during WWII

'Nam

Generation Kill>Band of Brothers>power gap>The Pacific

WWII fighter pilots

Supposably they were planning one focuses on bomber squadrons but it's been years since they announced that so who knows if it's ever coming out.

Rhodesian Bush War

Came to post this

>Supposably

leave him alone, we're not all artists like Leonardo the Vinci here. We're allowed to make mistakes.

We need more Korean War tv/film
>inb4 MASH

did you watch tae guk gi?

This 300%

I just finished northern limit line which was a pathetic snoozefest

"at first the Germans didnt shoot at him, I think they couldnt quite believe what they were seeing. But that wasn't the really astounding thing, the astounding thing was, that after he hooked up with I Company, he came back."

should be Wermacht perspective of the latter half of Stalingrad. Would be fucking amazing.

>Generation Kill > BoB
leave and never return, pleb scum

I recommend The Front Line and Taegukgi. Both are Korean movies.

FOOKIN PRAWNS

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll be sure to check those out

>Generation Kill>Band of Brothers
Nah

N A M
A
M

>tfw never a movie or show about the Atlantis of Africa.

it aint me?

the middle east hopefully

Bander of brothers

2 band 2 brothers

Wasn't there meant to be another series like this but it was with WW2 Bomber Crews?

Does anyone know the status of it?

One was the Western European Front, one was the Asian front, so the next one is obviously either the North African one or the Eastern European Front.

it's probably ded

what a shame

All I could find is this

thevintagenews.com/2015/08/29/hbos-the-mighty-eighth-an-update-its-getting-close-500-million-budget/

>MASTERS OF THE AIR , the WWII companion piece to BAND OF BROTHERS and THE PACIFIC, is now officially titled THE MIGHTY EIGHTH.

>Miller reports that this newest WWII miniseries from HBO will focus on the camaraderie inside the bombers – the same as it did with Band of Brothers. It has gone through a name change. It was billed at the Masters of the Air but has now been changed to “The Mighty Eighth” as they were affectionately called, once their distinguished service and reputation spread across Europe.

>Of course, it will be Hanks and Spielberg who has the last say on what locations will be used in the miniseries in England and throughout Europe. Filming has yet to start but is in the pre-production stage and filming could start very soon, since the script is ready to go into its final draft. No ‘formal’ time as been announced yet by HBO but with the script nearly complete – filming will start soon after it has been signed off. It could be on our screens by early 2017.

But this article was from last August, so it's probably dead?

>Vietnam show

>it aint me starts playing

this, fuck the haters, gen kill was an amazing show that didnt romanticize the fuck out of war like BoB. I loved that show but come the fuck on

> their distinguished service and reputation spread across Europe.

Yeah just ask the over half a million firebombed innocent victims of Dresden about it

This is correct. GenKill is a much more upfront and honest depiction of war.

Africa. Every Episode told by the axis and the allies.

Shouldn't have started WWII :^)

slaughter innocent people all over east europe, cry like little bitches when they get what they deserve.
stupid fucks. german here btw.

It's called The Mighty Eighth and it's going to focus on the eighth air force

U should be proud of your 1488 Aryan Master Race status

Unless you're a filthy immigrant or some form of nigger

this desu senpai

korea or another ww2, but with the russian army

this

I could not care less. It's a fucking war. "non-combatant" means fuck all, and cities can be utilized for the war effort in much better ways than just garrisoning troops.

no immigrant here says they are german. it's always some bullshit like turk-german, italo-german. Nope full pure blood here not giving a shit about it. SIE WERDEN SICH NUN BENEHMEN! SIE WERDEN IHR SCHNITZEL ESSEN WIE EINE GUTE KLEINE NAZIHURE! JA, DAS IST GUT!

Yes goy, kill more innocent whites and replace them all with arabs and africans within a century.

t. tanned german

Eastern Front

Here's the trailer they made for it, looks amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=sBy_FIlcOJs

Love to see a WWI HBO show.

Dresden war richtig so! Erst holocaust machen und Hitler wählen und dann rumheulen wenn Bomben kommen, was?

Dresden was justified, I would have bombed it even harder.

>marine raiders
>operating in a drug rug
Never change lads.

Anything but another WW2 series.

The Chosin

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Chosin_Reservoir
On 27 November, the Chinese 9th Army surprised the US X Corps commanded by Major General Edward Almond at the Chosin Reservoir area. A brutal 17-day battle in freezing weather soon followed. In the period between 27 November and 13 December 1950, 30,000[4] United Nations troops (later nicknamed "The Chosin Few") under the field command of Major General Oliver P. Smith were encircled and attacked by approximately 120,000[6] Chinese troops under the command of Song Shi-Lun, who had been ordered by Mao Zedong to destroy the UN forces. The UN forces were nonetheless able to make a fighting withdrawal and broke out of the encirclement while inflicting crippling losses on the Chinese. While the battle resulted in the Chinese pushing the UN out of North Korea, it was a Pyrrhic victory. The evacuation of the X Corps from the port of Hungnam marked the complete withdrawal of UN troops from North Korea.

U.S. sources:
1,029 killed
4,894 missing
4,582 wounded
7,338 non-battle casualties[7][a]
17,843 total
15 tank losses[8]

hinese sources:
19,202 battle casualties
28,954 non-battle casualties[9]
Unofficial estimations: ~60,000[10][b]
UN estimation:
29,800 battle casualties
20,000+ non-battle casualties[11]

The Banana Wars tbqh

Australians in kokoda etc

Emu Wars

Holy shit why hasn't this been made into a movie yet?

Really wish this had a bigger budget. Any time something like a helicopter shows up it's god damned jarring.

My grandpop fought here. This was a brutal battle. He had crazy ass night terrors till the day he died.

No one knows anything about the Korean War.

Another would the Fire Brigade
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Provisional_Marine_Brigade

During Korea was nuts as well

Your grandpa had a rough road out during that shit.

this desu

Iv always wanted something like a Generation Kill '67

all female cast reboot

God I need to rewatch Band of Brothers again. I used to do it all the fucking time as a preteen/young teen.

Fuck me.

I really should.

And the spear too dont forget about the spear.png

Dept of civil affairs. I.e. The clean up crew in each city after a battle won and American occupation. Culminating in the back handed tactics of the Russians in Berlin and the seeds of the Cold War.

It would probably suck but that's what my grandparents were assigned in (communications and librarian) and how they met. They got married in Berlin and we're given admiral Canaris' house (executed by hurler head of secret service). Some pretty cool stories there I think.

Eugene Sledge story line >>>>>>>>>> everything

I hate autocorrect. Were. Hitler.

It's called The Forgotten War for a reason. Which is a shame.

Honestly?

Give me Rogue Squadron, like 4 years after Endor. Would be amazing.

my man

Do it again Bomber Harris!

>nazis dindu nuffin!!!!!!
lmao, start a war, commit some horrible atrocities, and you might just suffer from it.

One about Operation Barbossa. I don't give a fuck if it's about the Nazis or the Slavs, I just want a decent Eastern Front centered production.

Dresden had little strategic function

>Germans
>innocent

Guernica, Warsaw, Rotterdam don't real

Major rail function but werhaboos don't care about facts any more than the Germans cared about logistics

>Bastogne
>Breaking Point
>Romanticizing war

Should be about the Navy in the Pacific.

This is what I would like to see, or something about the OSS or Manhattan Project or war profiteering. Show WWII from a completely different side than BoB and The Pacific.

Pacific i want to se that filthy yellow japs pieces of shit burn down in flames

Same. The Lost Battalion was an A&E made for tv movie and it was pretty good. A&E is shit now, but HBO could definitely step it up.

If not WWI, then Korea.

This has nothing to do with the HBO series. It says right in the comments that it's concept footage for a special effects company trying to push a movie script titled "The Mighty 8th"

The Jagdflieger during the last year of the war.

Inside a German Jagdgeschwader that got transferred from the easy mode in Russia to the hamburger fest in the western skies. That'd be diarrhea inducing for sure.

The sequel, or rather companion series, The mighty eight is going for a quiet spring release, with hype starting at Christmas time

No worries lads

Long version:

Yes it's still around, but you're right it is very quiet. Last I saw they may be targeting a fall 2016/beginning 2017 release.

This quote was taken from an "update" article from July 2015.

Having just returned from a trip to England in the past month, Miller unofficially scouted out possible filming locales at several airfields. However, he reports that Hanks will have final say on the miniseries film locations throughout Europe. Miller stressed that filming hasnt begun at this time, but the start of production could commence very soonsince the script is just about ready to go final. No formal air time has been announced by HBO.yet. But with the script nearly complete and filming to begin quickly thereafter, Masters of the Air could arrive for HBO viewers in late 2016 or by early 2017.

So in still thinking fall 2016/2017.

Learned about this shit at some military museum a few years ago. One thing I remember is that the medics couldn't use morphine because it would freeze in their syringes

EMU WAR

a show that focuses on the filipino guerillas

>The journalist Alexander McKee cast doubt on the meaningfulness of the list of targets mentioned in the 1953 USAF report, pointing out that the military barracks listed as a target were a long way out of the city and were not in fact targeted during the raid.[134] The "hutted camps" mentioned in the report as military targets were also not military but were camps for refugees.[134] It is also stated that the important Autobahn bridge to the west of the city was not targeted or attacked, and that
>no railway stations were on the British target maps, nor any bridges, such as the railway bridge spanning the Elbe River

>It ain't me starts playing

Please Vietnam. Those poor vets get absolutely zero love for a war they didn't even want to fight.

>objectively incorrect opinion

They get more love than Korean War vets

1. North African campaign
2. Nam
3. Korea
4. British, German, or Russian WWII, any front
5. Civil War
6. War of 1812 (USS Constitution)

>lose
>still try to make it sound like you won

Americans lol