What are some life-crushing, awfully sad music facts that make you lose all hope and happiness?

What are some life-crushing, awfully sad music facts that make you lose all hope and happiness?

>As Apple's Peter Brown recalled, "it was a poorly kept secret among Beatle intimates that after Ringo left the studio Paul would often dub in the drum tracks himself ... [Starr] would pretend not to notice".

Source?

"According to Australian radio station Triple J, [Curtis] Mayfield recorded his songs by lying on his back, the only way he could get enough air into his lungs, and singing one verse at a time. After every verse for a song had been recorded, they were edited together for the finished, continuous track."

if he was so terrible why did they keep him in the band

What's the point? Might as well just kick him out. That can't be true.

He was a mascot of the band.

He wasn't awful, he just wasn't McCartney's drum-slave..

i dont believe this for one second. It's not like the Beatles' timing was too hard for a capable drummer like Ringo to keep up

Except Macca only played drums on like 2 songs.

>DUDE RINGO IS A SHIT DRUMMER LMAO
when will this meme die?

The entirety of Jackson C. Frank's life

>Apple's Peter Brown
How would he even know?

Simply because McCartney had already lost protagonism when Stuart left and he became the Bass player. He wasn't going to lose even more protagonism by being the drummer

they could also have, ya know, hired a new drummer

fuck i'd be willing to bet that most drummers would have been willing to drum for free to be in the Beatles

And didn't Ringo do the drums for some of John's solo work?

He started doing that later in their career, when the songs got more sophisticated, and they were a worldwide act. People would react badly to Ringo's departure

how is this sad?

ringo wasnt just the drummer, he the drummer for the beatles
their music wasnt the only thing popular about them, their faces and personalities were important too

The problem with the quote is:
1) there's only one sole source for it, and the guy was essentially a paper-pusher for Brian Epstein and then Apple. He had no involvement with the recording process whatsoever, and there's no documentation that he was even there in the studio with The Beatles, at all. Same is the case for Brian Epstein himself; The Beatles shut him out of the music-making process. Why would they bother welcoming Brian's assistant? They wouldn't. He was a business guy
2) The Beatles mostly recorded the backing tracks all at once to one or two tracks of tape. There would be other instruments (guitars or bass) fixed in with the actual drum track, so it wouldn't be possible for Paul to redo Ringo's track without also erasing his bass or John/George's guitar.
3) Other people closer to the recording process never reported this, and can account for only two time Paul replaced Ringo.

Because he was fucking paralyzed in an accident but didn't give up on his love of making music for people

Pretty sure that the quote describes shit that was going on during the White Album and leaps to the conclusion that that kind of thing was standard procedure.

Nothing about the White Album was standard procedure. But yeah, that album has a lot of Paul drumming on it.

>underrated

>Two songs out of 30 is a lot

I do think it's worth mentioning that, by his own admission, Paul was only a competent drummer and had a hard time with volume regulation and more complex rhythms. He didn't think of himself as a better drummer than Ringo, and, had it not been for internecine disputes between members of the band, would likely have never sat down behind Ringo's kit to begin with.

Yeah I didn't correct you up there but the actual number is more like six.

[citation needed]

Nigga can't breathe, mane

b8

Corgan recorded all of Iha's and D'Arcys parts, so this isn't that uncommon.

Only on some albums, not all.

>Life crushing, awfully sad music facts that make you lose all hope and happiness

It doesn't matter that I can rock out and play cool songs on a variety of instruments. I can't put food on the table just because I have sweet guitar licks. The only thing that gives me happiness and a purpose in life is a meaningless skill and an expensive hobby that will most likely never mean anything. I have nothing else going for me. Music is the only thing I've ever excelled at.

If you think music should be your paycheck rather than your artistic expression, then you should fuck off and die

Yeah this isn't true at all.

I mean you can just blatantly tell the difference between Paul and Ringo's drumming. Ringo has a kind of swing that is absent in like the 3 songs that Paul actually did play on.

Hobbies are almost always meaningless and expensive dude. Only really lucky individuals will ever see success through it.

i can't even think of a single beatles song that a high school drummer couldn't play

this is just one of those rumors

Wikipedia

Source Wikipedia used?