Waited 6 years for an album, finally got it and I'm pretty disappointed...

Waited 6 years for an album, finally got it and I'm pretty disappointed, almost every fucking song has some featured SoundCloud rapper that I don't know or care about, it has like 2 or 3 good songs and the rest are just mediocre or bad, why is it that whenever someone tries bringing something bad it ends up being trash?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sY20vr7-MpM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFYoaTVHYc
huffingtonpost.com/entry/gorillaz-donald-trump_us_5880fe59e4b070d8cad11716
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the fallen only had a couple good songs and so did plastic beach.. like the fallen only had revolving door and hillbilly man

>whenever someone tries to bring something bad
>bring something bad
>something bad
>bad
lolwut? Anyways, you don't like it. Why do you feel the need to bitch and moan?

Detroit was good aswell though

I think you guys just really like Damon Alburn and want a whole album of just him singing to electro beats.

I liked Aspen Forest and Detroit on The Fall

Didn't the middle schoolers stop caring about Gorillaz when they found out they where a bunch of 40++++++ year old British people?

I pretty much agree, Couple strong tracks but a shit ton of features and overall forgettable songs. Feels less like a band with girth.

Also

>DD>Gorillaz>PB>Humanz>D-Sides>Laika>The Fall

Because fuck you I can, it's Sup Forums anything goes.

I'm just saying it makes you sound like a crybaby bitch that loves male English accents.

THE BATH

kinda true, I like we got the power and ticker tape

Plastic Beach was the tits mate. Stylo, Supefast Jellyfish, Rhinestone Eyes, Melancholy Hill, Glitterfreeze, Some Kind of Nature...

This new disc is pretty shit right off the bat, but a couple more listens might change my mind on one or two tracks.

This

El maƱana was one of my favorite songs in their entire discography and it was on DD so I gotta agree here

Yes. We all want that

>almost every fucking song has some featured SoundCloud rapper that I don't know

You do realize they did pretty much the same thing before Soundcloud existed? They would collab with different artists that not a lot of people knew about. The only difference is now we have soundcloud.

el manana (melancholy remix) is awesome
so is
dracula
Sound check
all of demon days
all of the self titled

Maybe you've become an adult and aren't so much into teen orientated pop now.

>Found out

Took a lot of research did it? They are fucking cartoons and the lead singer if blur couldn't sound more British.

When was it a mystery?

Because you over hyped the album like a 12 year old over hypes call of duty. You are your worst enemy.

>6

they're hit or miss.

they have good tracks but their albums are scattered.

They're "featured" in their own songs now is how it feels.

Pretty damn disappointed.

I enjoyed Saturn barz and andromeda

They didn't do it this much before, in plastic beach they did quite a few features but they still had 5 originals, this one has 4 or 5, except the featured from plastic beach were actually good, like the duet with 2D and little dragon in "to binge" saturn Barz was a clear remake of modern Clint Eastwood

I want whatever the "Gorillaz" decide they want to make. Art is ever changing. That's like bitching at Michelangelo for making the Sistine Chapel when you want him to go back to his roots and make more sculptures of David.

I go back and I listen to all there old music and still love it though to this day

The Fall also had, Bobby in Phoenix, Parish of Space Dust, Little Pink Plastic Bags. It was a great album and Plastic beach is literally their best album.

Ticker Tape is a great song. Busted and Blue also has a good sound.

Lmfao hallelujah money was god awful, one of the worst songs I think I've heard

Listening to empire ants now..

why does that cgi person have fetal alcohol syndrome?

bought one of them albums over a decade ago as a teenager, was incredibly bored by it, would not recommend

I actually really like this new album. It's a different style, but it's more like the beginning, it's noisy and unpredictable.

One 40+ british dude collabing with various other people. And just cause you associate one thing with middle school doesn't mean that's all the rest of the world makes of it. Gorillaz are demi-gods of their style.

Haven't heard this new album, but I'll probably hate it initially and later decide that it's actually pretty cool. Almost always how I feel about their stuff. Demon Days was the one exception. I knew that was golden the from track one.

Yeah, dude. That's what got me into them. Their debut was crazy experimental for radio music and before I heard 19-2000 I just didn't give a fuck about music that wasn't straight rock/grunge/metal. These guys widened my horizons by being both weird and marketable. Anyone got a dl link for the new tunes?

I started playing guitar because of them, liked rock, metal etc. Come back to gorillaz and rediscover electronica and pop. Still hate hip hop culture, but once again, gorillaz make me listen to that genre too...

youtu.be/sY20vr7-MpM

>TFW no peppermint tea

I can still have an opinion about them and their albums though, usually they have hidden gems like in the fall but this ones just not very good, I've listened to the album front to back twice and my opinion still hasn't changed

I hated hiphop for a long time, but they definitely helped me get over that. Couple years ago started chilling with a crowd that'd get together on weekends and rap/freestyle. Shit was pretty fucking cash. Made lots of friends, found lots of new music and learned I could do a couple things I'd otherwise never have tried.

Here's some top-teir modern hiphop for ya. Get that flavor up in ya ear, son.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJFYoaTVHYc

I'll try! Language barrier it's a thing, but I'll overcome with lyrics. Thanks!

I feel you bro. The forced anti-trump bandwagon theme ruined it even more. Say what you want about trump - but don't bother me with it when I wanna listen to one of my favorite bands since childhood.

Haven't heard it yet. How do they promote anti trump shit?

huffingtonpost.com/entry/gorillaz-donald-trump_us_5880fe59e4b070d8cad11716

Lmfao, none of the newest songs made it on iTunes Charts except for one of there old actually good songs

'cause if they aren't in a chart it's not worth your time? Good for you that can enjoy the same C scale over and over...