We will never get a better joker

>we will never get a better joker

well lads we had a good run

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

rewatched several of his scenes

can't believe it took Leto's tryhard acting for me to appreciate Ledger's handiwork

1989 Jacker was better. Sorry.

And while Im not one of those turboautismos that demand retarded amounts of faithfulness on adaptations, its a merit they made the actual comic book Joker work in a movie, with all its campyness, crazy chemistry and plans to poison Gotham to work in a movie.

Ledger's had to be trimmed down to make it work. Its also a great interpretation, but not great as Burton's one.

Too bad he died.

T. Contrarian kino connoisseur 16 year old

thing about nicholson's joker is he never really had much menace to him
like comic book or TAS joker were goofy and campy and shit but still could turn on the fear real quick
i just don't feel like nicholson ever did that
ledger's joker didn't have any of the camp or anything of course, but he just exuded terror the whole time

Says the one defending the Edger and Nolan.

Batman 1989 is literally 27 years old. If that makes me 16, then liking Ledger would make you what? Unborn?

>tfw no cameo in TDKR

>Nicholson tries to poison the whole city because fuck it, its fun. And he actually manages to gas half the city.

>Ledger tries to blow up a boat full of prisoners (big fucking deal, Im sure people will miss those prisoners!)

I agree, Nicholson's Joker is the most accurate depiction of the joker and he still manages to be pretty badass.

Ledger's Joker is essentially Alex DeLarge, it's not hard to be memorable when you are using another memorable performance as your base.

the joker menaced that girl he was with pretty hard

did you read what i said
i'm talking about his onscreen presence
also ledger led a campaign to assassinate high level officials and destablize the city through frequent terror attacks, the boat thing was just a part of that

At any rate, every live action version will just be a partial impression of it. People can kid themselves, but Leto was dong an impersonation of the voice. The dialogue was the difference.

one boat was filled with citizens, you idiot

Not really. Alex had a self-image of sophistication and a pretty clear ethic that was consistent even though it was warped. Also Burgess was using him as an example of the childlike inclination to violence in mankind that is replaced by the desire to recreate as one matures, although idk if Kubrick kept that in mind.
Ledger's Joker had a whole different thing going and their whole manners are different

Wasn't there some implication about him having busted out of Blackgate thanks to Bane or something like that? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

The 3rd movie was going to have his trial.

Is this b8?

ledger was a hack

I don't remember that. I think Nolan stayed as far away as he could out of respect. There were no references to the Joker whatsoever in TDKR that I caught at least.

Ledgers Joker actually makes TDK one the most rewatchable movie I've ever seen.

Literally the only movie I re-watch and have seen 5+ times because I start watching.. and Ledger is swinging his big acting dick in every scene knocking down all the plebs.

Ledger's so good at acting, he actually pretended Maggie Gyllenhaal was pretty.

The other jokers didn't even touch that.

No Robin, the culprit is clearly the Riddler.

some people say he was suppose to be the judge instead of Scarecrow

>we will never get a better joker
I'm da Jokah, bebeh
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpWzS3nCwM

Nah, script was written after his death, movie would have been totally different.

Nolan should have listened to the studio and gone with the Riddler.

Either this is bait or you're too retarded to understand the movie.

The Riddler would have actually taken effort to write. Why not have cat lady and muscle man instead?

kino

No its not. It takes a special type of retard of accusing someone of underage for not liking literally the embodiment of underage millenial edgyness. You know, Ledger's Joker.

Leto, get the fuck out. The REAL method acting Joker has appeared.

He was questioning morality, but you can clearly tell he went off the deep end. It's something that the actor tried to portray subtly.

eh, prefer Leto and Nicholson, both were truer to the character, Ledger was the best performed but not really the Joker.

On that note Romero was a pretty good adaption of the Joekr in the comics at the time so props to him i guess.