Does this album deserve all the praise it gets from music outlets

Does this album deserve all the praise it gets from music outlets.

no but it's not automatically a shit album just because it's from brainfeeder
prove me wrong

How would i know? It's like 3 hours long

"no"

Why would something from Brainfeeder be shit?
Who fucking says this?

>prove me wrong
you're right tho. This record is decent.

No because they're fucking retarded
It certainly deserves some praise though, but not nearly the amount that it garners on a regular basis. Him calling it "The Epic" is also really pretentious so he gets points docked for that

This thing just bore me to death. At some point it all starts blending together.

Never made it all the way through desu senpai

Despite the positive press covfefe

I haven't finished it yet.

Yeah I treat it like three separate albums and listen to one of the three discs at a time.

He isn't the second coming of Coltrane that some outlets make him out to be but the age of jazz titans is over so I'll take what I can get.

Yes. This.

This is the right way of thinking

Its not pointless revival parody jazz like TPAB so yes.

this is not covfefe and will never make a beautiful women, come to terms with that nigger

It's fucking horrible.

Scientists Map The Genome Of Ancient Egyptian Kings, And They Weren’t From Africa

Scientists Map The Genome Of Ancient Egyptian Kings, And They Weren’t From Africa

How angry do you think this nigger is right now?

I think he meant it WASN'T shit by default, because it's from brainfeeder. Which I agree with, brainfeeder is great

It's not bad but it's literally only praised for being jazz that was commercially successful that wasn't Kenny G shit. So, in a way, no, it doesn't deserve all the praise.

They shouldn't be mad, they knew they were blackwashing Arab/Mediterranean culture from the very beginning. Where do you think they got all their arguments?

Miss Understanding and clair de lune rendition are god tier the rest are uhhh okay

You know epic actually means something other than "lol le epik me-me's xD"? Would you shit on homer for calling The Illiad an epic poem? The album is an epic piece, and if you disagree then you don't understand the word.

I wouldn't call a protracted pop jazz record an epic, but lol ok.

Agreed, I doubt that there's a better rendition of Clair De Lune out there

Like I said, you don't understand the word epic. Its not about whether its good or not, its about the length and scope which Kamasi's album certainly fits the bill.

>Arab/Mediterranean
>Ancient Egypt

Congrats on being just as ignorant.

>Egypt isn't Mediterranean

congrats on one upping both their stupidities.

It's very very basic, and way too long without any purpose or concept.

it's got the length but does it really have the "scope"? what are the central themes or concepts?

the length of epic poems are justified because of how many characters and storylines take place, what is the justification for this album's length?

The whole it's too long argument is bullshit. This is a great record. It's conceptually separated in three different parts, so it's not as daunting as some may say. The music is fantastic regardless.