What am I in for ?

What am I in for ?

cape____

A political thriller

A pseudo-sequel that manages to make the movie before it look much greater.

A fun movie that shouldn't be taken too seriously, it's a god damn super hero movie for fucks sake. Ben Affleck is the best batman we've had though. It feels like the justice League batman meets arkham asylum batman.

Unironically: kino.

based alfred

An allegory for post-911 America and mainstream Islam's need to establish an identity for itself while the ultra-rich continue to push the politics of divisiveness for their own selfish ends via fear-mongering.

>ultimate cut

Still an extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

A good movie.

Nice pasta. Stopped reading at lazily written. More thought and craft went into Lex's character than in the last half dozen political thrillers I've seen. And it's happening in a cape movie, no less.

A capeshit movie you'll either love or hate with a burning passion. There's no in-between.

Snyder manages to make a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder woman and fucking Lex Luthor incredibly boring.

Jeremy Irons as Robert Downey Jr. as Bruce Wayne's batman was one of the best parts of BvS.

I loved the Officer/Batman relationship in contrast to the standard father figure.

WW shows her tits.

nice pasta, pleb.

>boring
Underage spotted.
It was rated R for a reason.

kino

>More thought and craft went into Lex's character than in the last half dozen political thrillers I've seen
>Just made him an awkward autist
Hahahahahahaha, well done lol

Martha

A good movie.

>I can't follow a story that uses subtext.

Lex is interesting as fack.

No I got it, it was just painfully dull

>Baldly acted
I don't know why you guys always have to take jabs at Cavills hairline, its not even that bad.

an intricate multi layered film.

A Bad, Edgy movie.

Fixed the beginning , the second the fight starts it turns back into trash

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS

ALL MEMEING ASIDE

A decent movie that got a bad rep because of messy editing, horrible pacing, a tone that clashed with everything else coming out at the time, and some plot holes induced by the studio releasing a bad cut of the movie.

It's well shot, well acted, well written, but it's very flawed.

Still better than any other superhero movie ever apart from the following
>Superman
>Batman
>Batman Returns
>Spider-Man
>Spider-Man 2
>Darkman
>Watchmen
>Man of Steel
>Captain America: The Winter Soldier

>bad acting
>nonsense plot
>shit editing
>shit directing
>a couple of decent action scenes
>boredom
>lots of dream sequences

I didn't even like the movie that much but if you added Ant-Man and Batman Begins to that list I'd probably agree with it

Add Blade, Blade 2, X-men, X2, First Class, DOFP to that list.

What a cheeky cunt.

Post the Wonder Woman orgasm scene.

this one?

Depends entirely on if you buy into commercialized meme dichotomies. If you do, you'll either love it for all of its "deep" horribly hamfisted biblical allegories and because to not love it would be to admit to "Marvelcucks" that DC aren't perfect, or you'll hate it in spite of batfleck being decent, because to not hate it would be giving ammunition to the "DCucks". If you don't get personally invested in the success of summer blockbusters or view the world through an Us-Vs-Them lens, you'll probably be ambivalent because its a harmless way to spend 3 hours but not really a particularly exciting or memorable film.

This movie and Man of Steel remind me of Michael Crichton books. Good sci fi, tense thrills, engaging plot, and well-written characters.

>messy editing, horrible pacing,
>decent movie

You people have the LOWEST fucking standards.

A waste of fucking time.

a great time my freind fuck marvel

Then tell me, why does Lex h8 superman, be specific?

>MUH EDlTlNG
>MUH PAClNG
>etc...

you typed out so much, yet said so little, as you can apply those criticisms to a lot of MOVlES, but if you don't provide specifics then you don't have a point.

Wonder Woman's theme was great. Goddamn that theme gets me going.

Did anyone else think the scene where Pa Kent talks about dead horses was really weird?

>lex is interesting
You mean the Riddler suddenly having an obsession with proving himself better than Superman rather than Batman

Blunder Woman is the worst part of the movie and just about ruins it.

>Then tell me, why does Lex h8 superman, be specific?

It's part of what makes the movie interesting. Lex becomes a villain and hates everyone more powerful than him (Superman most of all because he is the most powerful) due to his father's abuse. Batman became Batman because of his parents' death. Superman became Superman due to his earth and Kryptonian parents. A lot of parallels between Superman, Batman, and Lex in this movie.

2spoopy

how is he like the riddIer, cause he talks in an eccentric way? Tell me what specific things that he does that makes him similar to you.

I enjoy that family plays a big role in these films.

It's a great film with a lot of little moments that you might not initially notice. A lot of great themes and depth. The best superhero movie ever.

I watched it for the first time yesterday, ultimate edition or whatever it's called. Definitely a very flawed film that should've just stuck closer to the original premise. It has a ton of issues but it's got god-tier visuals and is definitely the best looking film I've seen in ages. Everyone acts well, even Eisenburg I'd say but he's given a terrible character to work with. Theres a lot of little things which will niggle at you like why does Batman semi-kill people and stuff. Overall though the Marvel stuff is arguably better but in a much less interesting way, this film has a lot more soul in it but its let down by Synder being a bad story-teller.