Remember that time Death Grips was so lazy they used the stock C78 drum machine in ableton?

Remember that time Death Grips was so lazy they used the stock C78 drum machine in ableton?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lANptdJxkBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who cares

Anyone who has any semblance of good taste, so obviously not a tripfag.

remember when you made a thread complaining about the exact same thing like two days ago

and nobody cared

>stock ableton
>stockableton
>stockbleton
>stockleton
>stocketon
>stockton

They also sampled a printer

what song(s)?

lord of the game

that was like 6 years ago

how come no one mentions that one time they used an ableton sample in Inanimate Sensation? literally right before the second verse for what ever reason they use some shit from the "ambient and evolving" samples

It's only autistic electronic producers who care about this shit

>lol u use presets???
>lol fl studio??? srsly???
>I only use vengeance packs with 10 filters, eqs, at least 25 compressors

Their music is always garbage, too.

Meanwhile, Death Grips uses stock sounds and makes a better song than they could ever hope to.

Metro Boomin uses nexus presets and makes better beats than the most autistic of producers. Even if you don't like his beats, tons of trap producers use presets. Even if you don't like them, tons of producers use the standard 808 kit.

it's not about the tool, it's about how you use it

op nobody will ever care about your soundcloud minimal techno no matter how many filters and ducking you use

Yeah, amateurs tend to overthink that shit. Flatlander is laughing his way to the bank.

trips confirm

So...?

>you're just an autist if you critically evaluate music
you listen to rap so I really shouldn't be surprised by this

Death Grips is also garbage

they used some generic drum kits on Bottomless Pit
not really into that kind of entry level pop stuff like Death Grips and Grimes, but some of those beats sound exactly like some beats on Art Angels

>You're not an autist if you constantly feel the need to point out when a producer uses presets to feel some minute superiority for a fleeting moment

It doesn't just apply to rap. the 808 kit is everywhere in music, to point out presets or typical drum samples as to somehow shit on a producer just shows a bitter and jealous attitude. No one cares that you spent 15 hours on that synth, bro, it sounds like shit.

Exactly. Using stock presets in the modern age is like having a swiss knife and using it exclusively as a knife.

DG is not entry level pop. I would love to see what you think is avant-garde

>DG is not entry level pop.
that's what your regular dgfag believes

substance over style m8

> I can do better music that The Death Grips

you could have the most beautiful singing voice of all time, but if you use it to sing shit music it'll sound like shit
alternatively, you could have a pretty generic or even bad singing voice, but you can still make music that sounds great (Bob Dylan, Neil Young)

Reading comprehension level: 0

Yeah, too bad that death grips is neither, and they make garbage music with generic presets.

I'm not sure that is inherently a bad thing.

it's not entry level pop but it's not experimental or anything new idiot

go back and read that again

>it's not entry level pop
it is
they literally were on the radio
youtube.com/watch?v=lANptdJxkBU

kanye west also has radio hits, doesn't mean he's entry level

>kanye is not enrty level

Yeah but I've Seen Footage is by far their most accessible song and the only thing they have made that sounds like that. Do you really believe that NoTM and Steroids are entry level pop?

are you falceflagging to make death grips fags look like complete idiots? I can't even tell at this point

>NoTM
quirky pop

>Steroids
quirky gabber (a genre of club music)

>I've Seen Footage is by far their most accessible
that's not On GP

>I've Seen Footage is by far their most accessible song
that's not get got

Guillotine though

Remember that time every hip hop producer ever used 808 samples?

What's the difference?

guillotine is fucking garbage and far too slow to keep anyone's attention

>far too slow to keep anyone's attention
it's their most popular song on youtube

GET GET GET GET
GOT GOT GOT GOT

no?

autism

?

remember that one time the velvet underground was so lazy they used stock fender stratocasters

>unironiacally comparing edm numetal to the velvet undergound
kek

>DG is not entry level pop
Literally all rock and rap music, however genre-bending, is still pop music and not serious, academic art

>being a faggot cuck whiteboi who finds a willing negro to sell his garbage trendy faux-experimental fruityloops horse shit

death grips, diplo, literally every producer

Remember that time a guitar player used an Em chord

kek

A college radio station once played 50+ hours of merzbow. That doesn't make him mainstream

>comparing a pop band that's as edgy and inaccessible as slipknot or limp bizkit to a harsh noise musician
why are death grips fags so fucking autistic

make sure you fiddle with knobs or some fag will call you out on moo

>that time Davinchi used a stock brush with a color preset

what a hack

I swear it seems like death grips spamming this thread with commets against the OP's point themselves
I remember the time when people on here was talking that grimes is shit because she used stock presets

>academic art
Jesus Christ

we also said that about le letters man.

You're just a bitter bedroom producer who's angry that his home recordings of his ceiling fan layered with clanking pans and scraping rocks (SOUND DESIGN XDD) hasn't inspired him to make any good songs or catapulted him to success.

lol who fuk m8

literally who

you're literally a envious pretentious faggot who have zero ability wirh any instrument

your only mission here is to be contrarian and annoying

certains artists success tricks you,
get it you don't have talent

who fucking cares, it sounds good

not OP but i literally kinda fits on this description except that i am envious of Death Grips exposure

also i atleast made some waves and i'm about to perform in my first show while you gonna be forever here being edgy against people who are more talented than you

woop

Metro Boomin is a hack. Only famous because he works with the trendy rappers, creating a circle of demand.
Bland-ass generic trap beats, his snares especially sound so weak. Trap needs to have a snappy sound to it, Metro beats sound completely castrated and only have that nonstop stupid BVVVVVVVVV bass that normies like

Fucking idiots, At what moments I was refering to ?

Abstract comprehension level: 0

>semblance
>good taste

listens to clark once

why would you even be in this thread?

>TheCommunist

merzbow worked with xiu xiu you fake patrician

>can't grab anyone's attention
>inaccessible
pick

>THE *sacred* Velvet Underground

remember when they havent been good in like 4 years?

I distinctly remember them using a Microkorg preset on one of NLDW's tracks. I don't fault them for it, it still sounded great.

they were never good

>/prod/ fags care this much about a drum machine on their first mixtape

this

wow you must be retarded if you actually believe this

he's right though

I read somewhere that Andy has a Microkorg in the studio.

They also sampled a Casio Sound Bank synth at the beginning on Hustle Bones.