HAHAHAHAHA THAT CGI

HAHAHAHAHA THAT CGI

(you)

Is this the new Halo?

I thought this was from prequel

Why does it look so awful? TFA looked great

I have a terrible eye for picking out bad CGI. I can recognise that this is bad CGI but I can't figure out why. Is it the texture? The lighting?

Apologize

Too much motion blur on the ship

Lower budget.

Like Marvel send tier films.

Except I think it's fine considering.

It's come a long way since episode 3 tho desu senpai

oh fuck thats obvious now that I look at it..

>light falling on the Star Destroyer
>fucking amazing CG
>no one on Sup Forums mentions it

Whats wrong with this?

Looks fine.

Go lose your virginity.

Kek

>t. normie who didnt care about SW until recently

Which season did spaceships appear in Lost?

I didn't say anything was wrong with it.
But since you asked: it looks like a video game.

Why is that bad?

It feels cheap. Would've been fine if at least the clone troopers were in costumes.

nigga do you see the picture?

It doesn't ruin my enjoyment, the rest of the movie does that just fine without CG

Nice shoop. It'll look as fake as the Millennium Falcon flying in TFA which isn't too terrible.

kek

except, you know, it's boring and stupid as fuck

That romance section of the movie is entertaining to you??

this movie is one of the most expensive fan films ive ever seen made

It's not a video game.

haha cool meme bro. no seriously, simply epic :^)

Even the later seasons of The Clone Wars looked almost this good, and more stylised.

Your face looks good and more stylized.

Looks good, not seeing anything wrong with it.

I hope it's actually a fun war movie and not REMEMBER THIS REMEMBER THIS REMEMBER THIS

>Taking screenshot of a moving object
>B-Bad CGI

At least I wasn't the only one who spotted how fake this shot looked.

Don't worry it will be fixed in post before full movie release

Too busy wanking in to their fedoras. Looked good.

As cheap as your mom. Fuck off you you tube fuck.

>when you find out it's a physical model

I...I... was just pretending to be retarded!

I REBEL

To be fair if these movies didn't exist modern GCI effects wouldn't look nearly as good. Sure they're dated but they contributed massively to advance the technology.

Sorry George, I like your earlier work a lot.

It can be a physical model or be CGI it doesn't matter, it has way too much motion blur especially considering how the camera is actually following it in the shot.

Correct me if I am wrong but the star destroyer and grass/trees in these images are miniature models.

I so hope!!

Thought the same thing.

god i wasnt the only one who barfed

focus is on ship, put some blur on it

I think this movie looks fuckin' fantastic!
I am more hyped for this than I was for Episode 7.
Cynical assholes can go to hell, this is looking to be one of the best Star Wars movies ever made.
Better than all three prequels, better than Episode 7 and will be right up there with the original trilogy, possibly right next to Episode 5, as being among the greats.

Turn your trip off you fucking homo

Motion blur and the lighting is from the wrong direction
relative to the background

Oops sorry

kek, y you mad?

>this is looking to be one of the best Star Wars movies ever made.
I actually gotta agree with you.

Yet I hope we see a Jedi cameo or see Vader kill someone. It just isn't Star Wars if the whole movie does not feature one lightsaber

It's shit.

Episode 1 CGI >> Avengrrs

I don't even give a fuck about SJWars, but has it occured to you that the CGI we see here may very well not be the final product, but still a work in progress ? like it happened before in other trailers ?

>JBC

TFA made about a billion dollars LESS than Disney was counting on it to make. They were clearly hoping to beat Avatar, and they barely topped Titanic.

Now, Disney spent $4B on Lucasfilm, and now it has a hole on their balance books that's billions of dollars deep. They've got to make that money somehow, and since sequels NEVER top the first movie in terms of revenue, they're going to make it back by spending the bare minimum on the sequels.

Those leaked VIII set photos with Stargate SG1-tier props, costumes, and creature effects are proof of this.

I can't see what you mean with the motion blur but the lighting fucking bugs me, it's like the CGI equivalent of breaking the 180 degree rule.

>the same location means a film is related
So in that case Species and Goldeneye are related because the same cradle dish is in them?

Holy shit, that's some SPACE MUTINY-tier set design laziness. Nothing says "Star Wars" like an unretouched 100 year-old zeppelin hanger.

FFS, this makes the Budweiser main engineering from Star Trek 09 look as grand and inspired as the sets in Episode 1.

So what's the best CGI that out there now?

DISRUPTIONS

Please just let them play this movie straight, like a war movie set in the Star Wars universe.

I'm just scared the reshoots will add 200% more quips and witty bantz because that's what the Disney execs want and the focus groups love.

That's a big film set.

Are you fucking retarded ?

That's a behind the scenes shot

>It doesn't ruin my enjoyment
>Subjective statement

Well as long as your aware

the fire rises

There's no best CGI, it all depends on the film's context. Some CGI that would look shitty in a photo-realistic scene can look great in a 100% CGI scene.

I'm cautiously optimistic. It has the potential to have the best story we've seen in Star Wars since ROTJ.

But honestly, the best it could probably get is:
>V>IV>VI>R1>I=III>passing a 1cm kidney stone in while Anita Sarkeesian berates you for being a crybaby and having a small cock>II>VII

There is a 97.6% chance of that happening

No, its not. Its from the trailer

A war movie set in the Star Wars universe would be the best thing ever. The first trailer left me hyped, but apparently there's been reshoots so I'm a little cautious now...

You can see Suicide Squad in the background of the Batman set where it crashed and burned.

I'm a photographer and there is nothing wrong with this shot. Even when you pan to focus ona a fast moving object you can get blur if your shutter speed is not fast enough and you are not moving the camera lens fast enough. You are pulling at straws.

Indeed, you are the shill.

>g-guys, i know it looks shit, but let me tell you why it looks shit before you start complaining

>Even when you pan to focus ona a fast moving object you can get blur if your shutter speed is not fast enough
Except that the background would be blurred as well in the pan's direction, more than the moving object that you are tracking.

that bottom image is a still from the old Thunderbirds tv series right?

>image.gif

no, there is a literally a JCB in shot, it is behind the scenes

I wish. More movies should be shot in Supermarionation.

>I'm a photography student

>I don't know fuck-all about cinematography but here is my uninformed opinion

>That lighting
So the sides of those not Aztec pyramids are in the shade but the top of the ship isn't?
Isn't that just not having 1 lighting source?

It certainly looks like it

This thread is definitive proof that Disney shills are real.

Pinewood studios UK

It was fucking brilliant to use high speed cameras and slow it down to give a sense of scale.

lol JCB?

None of that is real, even the 2 clones are 100% CGI

>Pinewood

WRONG!!!

It's the zeppelin hangars at Cardington, that were built in the 1920's for England's rigid airship program before the R101 tried to 9/11 a French hillside and pulled a Hindenburg, barbequeing 48 people in the process, including Lord Thomson, the air minister in charge of the program, and quickly ending England's interest in airships

>MUH PIXELS