Why Marvel Will Change Captain Marvel’s Origin Story in the Brie Larson Film

>Why Marvel Will Change Captain Marvel’s Origin Story in the Brie Larson Film

>Guardians of the Galaxy scribe and Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman said on a podcast Tuesday that Carol Danvers (a.k.a. Captain Marvel) will get a new origin story. Perlman explained that Marvel wanted to differentiate Captain Marvel’s backstory from that of DC Comics’ Green Lantern. (The two tales share some similarities.) Perlman said the changes would make the movie—the 21st in the Marvel Cinematic Universe—more cohesive with the other Marvel films.

>“If you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do. There’s a lot of reinvention that needs to happen,” she said on Any Time With Vin Forte. “We have to be aware of what’s happened in other Marvel film and makes sure that her particular storyline is unique and fun and also fits in within this world that’s going on at the same time.”

>In the comics, Carol Danvers gets her powers when a machine created by the alien race called Kree—the same race Ronan the Accuser belongs to in Guardians of the Galaxy—explodes. During the disaster, the alien powers of a Kree hero who calls himself Captain Marvel (his real name is Mar-Vell) transfer to Carol, at which point she becomes a superhero in her own right. She first takes the name Ms. Marvel but later adopts Mar-Vell’s old title, Captain Marvel. She becomes a part of the Avengers team and also aids the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>time.com/4448254/captain-marvel-brie-larson-origin-story/

Who here knows or cares about Marvels worst character

Brie Larson was a cunt before the oscar I can't even imagine the ego she has now

I'll never understand how this ugly mom was cast for Captain Marvel

It's a good change. Anytime you say "Kree", normies eyes just glaze over. Fine to move away from it in a non-scifi film.

she a strong independent women who don't need no mar-vell

Ms Marver was always a shit character desu. I don't think anyone will really care about her origin.

Sup Forumsmrade here, this was honestly inevitable as there's literally nothing to Carol Danvers, the only time she was apart of something interesting was when she was in a coma and Rogue took her memories/personality. Even Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes couldn't make her interesting and that show did wonders with C-list characters.

As a hero, she's abysmal. She has no unique or interesting character traits. Even the alcoholic storyline created by Busiek to give her some pathos in the 90s just came off as a cheap attempt to give her depth like Tony Stark, which is literally commented on in the story. For fucks sake, before she took the title of Captain Marvel, her own comic series was literally about having a publicity agent because she was so unlikable/unnoteworthy within the actual Marvel universe.

All she ever was was an excuse to draw cheesecake. And she's not even that anymore since they basically gave her the superhero equivalent of a 70s tracksuit. She'll never look like pic related again and that's literally all there was to her. For all the SJWs that bitched, aka the Carol Corp, they didn't even buy her book. She's a manufactured hyped character, so they're going to have to basically invent a new character if they want to make a real movie series about her.

Only time Brie looked attractive was Scott Pilgrim.

Also reading that description, I don't blame them for changing the story.

I dont get why Marvel hire top billing actors. They're making capeshit, not films. The demographic is teenagers who will watch the latest garbage regardless and the reason they make these films is for dosh. Why waste millions of pounds on one actor when you could literally get a stage hand in the costume and the fans will be satisfied

>Only time Brie looked attractive was Scott Pilgrim.

Totally agree. And that was with heavy make up and a wig.

Because people like a recognizable face on the poster, you goofball.

Have to hype the media and use famous actor as promotion.

It's retarded but it's almost the rule today in Hollywood.

>recognisable face for teenagers
>Brie Larson
Yes, Im sure all the teenagers rushed out to see Room

Nah but she was in Scott Pilgrim.

Oh wait I see you were replying to
They literally don't, they hired RDJ for Iron Man and it's been literally who's ever since, with the possible marginal exception of Paul Rudd.

Pretty sure I didn't say she was a recognizable face for teenagers, just a person who is recognizable (proof of that is all the people writing about her taking the role). But sure, put a stage hand on the poster and see what an unknown can do for box office draw, goofball.

Why won't they give a role to anyone with blue eyes?

They could have just let Pepper keep her powers.

She's the only character that's been there since the beginning, it's literally poetry.

>Marvel in charge of originality
>Literally couldn't come up with a different name than the already existing DC Captain Marvel
>Is basically Green Lantern with tits

My favorite part about Carol was how they portrayed her as a drunken overly violent fascist until they realized she was their only female hero and amputated her personality. I remember for a while her only thing was "has a cat."

Also the Carol Corps was funny as shit because Marvel thought they roped in the mythical new audience, until they realized that they were trading codes for the digital versions and basically halving sales.

>Chris Evans
>Scarlett Johansson
>Edward Norton
>Mark Ruffalo
>Chris Pratt
>Natalie Fucking Portman
>Literally whos
Fuck you got me. 10/10

It gets worse. Do you know why she's called Captain Marvel at all?

When Fawcett comics went under DC bought their IPs. Marvel went on a trademarking spree and trademarked s bunch of names- including Fawcett's Captain Marvel name. They rushed to create a throwaway hero to slap the name on to keep it, because trademarks only last for as long as they're in use.

So Marvel has been keeping characters called Captain Marvel that nobody reads around with their own books just to prevent DC from calling the Captain Marvel comic "Captain Marvel."

Remember, Captain Marvel is much older than Marvel Comics.

>Why waste millions of pounds on one actor

It's for the investors of the films, not the movie going public.

They have to factor in some sort of return on investment.

She's not flat and scrawny enough for the role, we need someone more anorexic

>For all the SJWs that bitched, aka the Carol Corp, they didn't even buy her book.
It's been years and years, why companies still don't learn?

This movie is going to be fucking shit.

Fucking get rid of Spiderman from the Avengers and make a solo Sinister Six film.

I've been waiting for that film forever

Fuck off. She literally looks like a man.

>tfw there will never be a Dex-Starr film