What is next

>Jazz
>Rock
>Hip-Hop

What will be the next mainstream umbrella genre to replace hip hop? Will it follow the trend of growing simplicity, or do you have hope for a new cultural movement that sparks creativity?

"chill soundcloud playlist"

The electropop we've had since the 80s will be the dominant form of music for the rest of humanity's existence

"lo fi hip hop study music"

probably some Rnb electronic indie rock mix thing that will have a new name and will win people over better than hip hop ever did

so you just expect all of the current mainstream genres to homogenize together into a bland mush where it stays for eternity?

I have no hope for the future, music has become banal, homogenized, whittled down to just rap and pop rap.
Its all profit driven, there is no investment in talent, no risk taken anymore.

I mean in my wet dreams there is a massive shift in music were shoegaze goes mainstream, maybe fuses with grunge, and so does that post metal hipster shit like deafheavan. And pop music swallows up vaporwave and the top 40 is filled with songs that sound like you feel face first into a water fountain at the mall in the 80's.
And that big house frat bro EDM dies, and electronic music retreats back into being a niche, or evolves to have some sort of depth and some sort of american IDM movement is born.
And like some sort of rare event happens were father john misty gets a big hit, and it really effects that shitty folk pop genre ed sherran and mumford and sons makes and there is like some sort of mini folk renaissance, and also some sort of minor new wave of folk punk.
And there is some sort of return to the roots movement in rap that overturns pop rap and mumble rap, some sort of revival of the gangsta genre, or like some sort of hardcore punk version of rap

And in my fantasies this world could be so much better, but it isnt, and it wont

edm

I am so goddamn sick of this Jew-peddled nigger noise. I hope anyone involved in any of those industries an-heros asap, big time.

That shitty EDM from Ed Sheeran's last hit or Chainsmokers

Yes

If a significant-enough change happens in western politics, it could happen soon.

>Jazz - after WWI
>Rock - after WWII
>Hip-Hop - after Vietnam / end of cold war
>smaller movements like punk in direct response to sociopolitics

just saying if a big happening occurs we might be in for some spicy music

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read it's like how do you have this tenuous of a grasp of history and geopolitics, I mean how can you think what you've just said is in any way accurate

Whatever gets popular with black people next

>after Vietnam/end of cold war
those are 16 fucking years apart, user

lmao 2bh this

You're not wrong.

I've heard the theory pushed a lot that culture goes in cycles and we're effectively in the neo-80's right now.

Probably complete bullshit, but it leaves me hopeful we could see a new revival of angst-driven rock music.

>music isn't going anywhere!
>I just want a bunch of 90's music to become the mainstream
lmao

I'd say some sort of electronica, but top 40 is almost never wordless.

Buttrock revival, Shinedown is gonna drop a banger.