Have any anons dated girls with different political views? How did it go and is it worth it?

Have any anons dated girls with different political views? How did it go and is it worth it?

I tend to date lefties but I have dated a few righties in the past. As long as you don't talk about it, it should be alright, and depending on the individual, talking about it can be alright too, but that's a rarity cause everyone is super sensitive when it comes to political opinions.

The girl I'm interested in isn't SJW but she believes a lot of the rhetoric. I personally don't take sides and criticise both sides quite a lot. As a leftie, how would you feel about someone who doesn't align with any particular ideology?

I don't really care about someone who's apolitical, honestly. If you're not interested in politics, that's fine.
I also don't mind that people have different political opinions than me. The issue is their reasoning. As long as their reasoning is sound, and there's a good personality behind everything, I can get behind that.

If that wasn't clear, I meant to say that someone who's apolitical doesn't bother me.

Oh, I'm not apolitical. I'm very into politics. I just agree with very select things from each side. I sort of pick and choose based on issues if you get my meaning. I'm just concerned a girl might find that a turn off.

I'm more of a libertarian, but really can't stand the latest crop of democrats. Was living with a girl who was all-in for Bernie. I said from late 2015 to be open for the possibility of Trump being president... to her constant denial. Then Bernie was out and she was all-in for Hillary. I again said to prepare for the possibility of a President Trump. On election night (she'd moved out by that point), she said "It's gonna be a Hillary landslide. EVERYONE knows that!"

I'm proud of myself for not having rubbed it on the next day. She hasn't mentioned him since.

you realize people with different views can get along, right?

you don't want someone that agrees with you all the time, do you?

Honestly, if a girl finds your political views to be offputting then it's not meant to be. It's not like you can (or should) change your views for someone else.

My advice is to not bring up political issues and to try to veer away from them, at least until a point when how much she likes you has a bigger effect than whether or not your political stances align.

this.

things you probably shouldn't talk about on a first date:
>politics
>religion
>weird hair growth

I used to consider myself left wing but there's a certain stigma with it thanks to people like that. Also she probably hasn't mentioned him because he went ahead and bought himself a second house and crap.

I understand that, yes. I just want to be sure my strong views aren't getting in the way of something. I have a tenancy to be very harsh with SJW crap but this girl into it, not in any major way but she believes all that stuff.

As I said above, it's more that I'm very hard on people with specific views, similar to the ones she possesses.

I think your advice is probably for the best. Politics is generally just a good topic for me because I know it fairly well.

She hasn't mentioned TRUMP since the election... but your point is well taken.

Honestly, user, if you don't feel like you can tolerate her views, then don't go out with her. If you're making it out to be THIS big of a problem, why force the issue? You're incompatible and these things will cause friction between you, unless you can find it in you to mature and accept her different views despite your dislike of them (and she can do the same)

I literally talk about the first two on most dates. I think I've done it with every date I've ever had honestly. I find them to be interesting topics and if the other person isn't interested in that sort of stuff I question how much we actually have in common.

I'm kinda surprised. Most liberals are constantly making jokes about him.

I can tolerate her views and I actually agree with her on some issues but it's when she comes out with the SJW sounding stuff I get a bit irritated. She has to be, keeping in mind how I view SJW types, the nicest person I have ever met. I mean that sincerely. She would do anything for you and she is always able to make you smile but the extreme left stuff comes up and it makes things a bit awkward, more than irritating really.

If she's that nice of a person then her being an SJW has to come from a place of kindness. If she does bring it up, try to ascertain where those opinions come from. Maybe she'll open up a new thought within you too, or maybe you'll be able to use her kindness to open her mind up to things too.

In the meantime, just don't talk about it. Politics are not that important.

Damn dude. When you put it like that I feel a bit stupid that the solution was that simple.

Sometimes the easiest solution is the one that's hardest to find.
Best of luck with the lady, user. Hope that you can help one another grow and learn things about yourselves.

I think it's the fact that I always stated my opinions and the facts that I based them on... where she just followed what Reddit and her fee-fees told her. Total echo-chamber syndrome. Because her sub-reddits (?) told her that Bernie was a lock, and then Hillary, it had to be true. I NEVER said I was hoping for Trump to win (I was), I just told her a few times to prepare for that possibility. She never did. It wasn't in her universe's possible outcomes. When it happened, I know she was crushed. But, she'd moved out and I didn't have to deal with her nonsense, so... w00t

I hope so too dude. She's adorable so that should help. Thanks for your wisdom user.

I base my opinions on facts as well dude. I don't get how most people can just see something and go yeah that has to be right because it's on a post here.

I don't let my bitches have their own opinions.

They might start thinking they're people or some stupid shit like that.