the review that made kanye a meme
the review that destroyed indie rock
the review that changed the game
the review that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SDsJzWieSlw
stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/17/69-mos-def/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kanye was famous way before that, too bad you are too young to remeebr the early 2000's when people had popped collars and were wearing those stupid kanye glasses.

Anyways, more like the review that turned p4k into a bland music publication just like the rest of them

>the review that gentrified hiphop forever
Implying

he was famous within the hiphop community and mainstream music. after mbdtf and this review he turned famous with music geeks and internet in general

>Kanye was famous way before that
back then, critics weren't guilt tripping you into liking him

Nah, p4k didnt make kanye, he had hits, and was a loud meme before p4k blew its brains out to become poptamists

nobody cares

>the review that...
,,, i never read for an album i never would listen to

youtube.com/watch?v=SDsJzWieSlw

and you know i used to feel bad that p4k ditched rock music,but then i remembered we live in a capitalist society and other websites gobbled up the market of billions of people who post under queen videos who miss real musicâ„¢.
And now no one takes p4k seriously when they talk about rock or metal music

he was no meme before mdbtf, this is a fact
whether it was p4k's review that propped him into memehood or not, that's debatable

and its probably better that people read loudwire, or metal sucks, or blabber mouth, and the effete Brooklyn hipster kikes have no control or say over rock music anymore because they were too busy jerking off to beyonce

p4k never catered to that public anyway
they were more targeted towards indie rockers and alt types. alt types back then listened almost exclusively to "white music". after mbdtf, hiphop was gentrified and gobbled up by avant-teens, tumblrites and alt types. the indies of yesterday turned into last.fm beat connoisseurs
I experienced this shit firsthand

hip hop was gentrified loooong before MBDTF. ask eminem.

But they do, they keep trying to act like they know shit about metal, metal heads dont read p4k.
And they never will since p4k is just another bland hodgepodge of nigger and pop music now because something something diversity, (no we didnt want more clicks stop asking)

hip white people that buy vinyl and attend prestigious colleges - ie middle/upper middle class - didn't listen to fucking eminem
mbdtf was the first album that made this crossover

You will never actually enjoy music, you're trying to fill a void in your life of endless failure.

>unironically eats up paid reviews
autism

>he was no meme before MDBTF
wrong

so p4ks big move was to gentrify rap and make it some bland product aimed at white yuppies .

They keep trying to that to metal, but metal is exclusive to lowerclass white males who like loud screamy music, they want to do to metal what they did to rap, but it isnt going to work because their embrace of poptamism turned off people who liked guitar music, and upperclass white people are self hating faggots who dont like loud screamy men.

Pitchfork 10's are so stupid

they give all these albums scores like 8.8, 8.7, 9.1, etc etc,

but NEVER or hardly EVER, 9.7, 9.8, 9.9

as soon as they get to 9.7, 9.8, or 9.9, they round to 10

it's fucking stupid. Give a precise score, you cucks

Reminder that Kanye stage crashed Justice first

The review that meant nothing cause reviews are in and of themselves pointless and most often just one persons opinion.

I still think it was kind of a dick move, but don't agree with how it was sensationalized.

you guys are way too young to remember what hipster music nerd culture was like back then my dudes.

kanye was held up as the "See Not All Popular Rap Is Bad" example in the indie world all the way back with the college dropout.

>young people seriously don't remember pre-2010 memes

stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/17/69-mos-def/

It's been a joke how much ivy league NPR types love people like Talib Kweli and MF Doom and Tribe and for a long time. These people would even go on Bill Maher and whatnot. You could maybe argue that Kanye was the first top-40 example of this but that was the case about 5 years before MBDTF.

MBDTF is still a good album btw.

>mbdtf was the first album that made this crossover

Holy shit what

never heard of wu tang clan? beastie boys? outkast?

lets get one thing straight, kanye was already a meme long before MBDTF

>implying p4k """"reviews"""" have an effect on people who use their brains

Why do black people like p4k so much now? Was it really because of this review?

not "because" of that review, but the release of/critical acclaim for MBDTF signalled a change at Pitchfork, they began to focus a lot more on hip-hop and a bit less on the indie rock of the time like Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes, The Antlers, Beach House, etc. This became even more pronounced as Odd Future grew in popularity around that time.

>the review that destroyed indie rock

sad but true