I'm done living a life that I hate

I'm done living a life that I hate.

I'm packing my bags tonight, going to be hitting the road in the morning.

22 year old programmer college dropout. I've got a shitty SUV, a laptop, and about ~thirty grand. Where do I go? What do I do with my life?

This place has been home to me for a while. I figure you guys would know what's best for me better than I would. Any ideas, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

gomovies.to/film/the-machinist-10218/watching.html?ep=149134
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seattle
sillicon valley. or somewhere cheap

another country
a brothel

a whore house.
a chicks home.
a place where they have the hottest chicks per capita

>30 grand

Take a trip to Thailand and spend five grand on a month of partying and banging whores

feelsgoodman

starfleet central

cost of living is crazy high, but opportunities to get rick are crazy high. unless you suck.

gomovies.to/film/the-machinist-10218/watching.html?ep=149134

Already live in Chicago. Not much to be gained by going to another city, is there? It's all the same shit.

Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure getting laid isn't really a priority for me right now. Just... unhappy. I'm unhappy with my 8 to 5 job. I'm unhappy with the repetitiveness of my life. I've burnt through the past year and it's felt like a week. I wake up at the same time, I go to work at the same time, I work till the same time and then when I get home, I'm too tired to even function, let alone do something with myself.

Do I need a purpose, maybe? I don't know.

That's how I was before enlisting in the military. Now, four months in, and I can't picture myself living a civilian life any more. I honestly love it.

Move to another city and get a job doing something physical. Construction work, maybe. Something you'd never expect to do.

You'll get fit and earn cash and figure out what it is you really want out of life.

oh yes, because that sounds so much better. replace the bullshit of a daily grind with a daily grind where i get yelled at by drill sergeants and eat chemical reprocessed manure for dinner every night

i'm already decently fit. like i said, it's not really an issue about getting laid. it's just... everything else lol

holy shit my dubs ITT

take a vacation. don't ruin your life over a silly "i don't know what to do". if it's really bad. relocate to a smaller, rural town. pick up a flexible job. get a dog. meet a woman

r̶i̶c̶k̶ rich

but you could also find a rick if that's what you're into

i have a cat and i have a few FWBs.

i guess my job isn't too flexible. certainly won't be taking any vacations any time soon. still, it pays better than the minwage shit i'd probably end up sucking on otherwise

Eh there a lot of things you could do with your life. Depends on how extreme. You can start up your own business like as in start ups. You can volunteer to help out communities. Travel across the world and learn from their cultures. Become a monk in Southern Asia. Become a fisherman. Your life is for the taking.

things could be worse OP

Every day we do something different, bro, there is no daily grind. Order and discipline are there, but everything else outside of chow is pretty much done on the spot. We have a plan-of-the-day, but that's it - how it's done is up to us.

>chemical reprocessed manure for dinner every night
Contrarily, we eat at about the quality of middle class civies. Better on holidays.

life isn't so bad. just start using your vacation days. if you're depressed pick up some valium. just don't become dependent.

they could. but i'm still fucking unhappy and don't want to continue to live unhappily

i have no interest in other cultures or volunteering or anything

a business sounds coolio but 30k isnt much to work with

whatever happened to MREs tasting like shit?

i already'm coming out of recovering alcoholism. not really down to start more durgz

then what's wrong kid?
life's alright? what do you want thrill?
take a hike or something.

i mean sure i could be homeless and licking shitstains out of homeless bums for nickels and dimes

but i'm tired of living unhappily. i want to be able to fucking smile at waking up in the mornings, instead of just fucking dreading the next 20 hours of my life

what the fuck makes you happy then

>whatever happened to MREs tasting like shit?
They were phased out a while ago from what I'm told, thrown into the stories of older veterans so they can say, "back in my day". Now we just have sub-par tasting MRE's.

The milkshakes are bomb though.

>i have no interest in other cultures

then stay the fuck away from silicon valley you mouthbreathing faggot

you should be able to find a nice trailer park in Arkansas where you'll be comfortable

idfk. video games and food and books and shitposting i guess.

nothing i can base my life off of, anyway

heh. still doesn't make it seem any more desirable, being surrounded by big hefty dudes and all that training and shit.

excuse me for not finding ethiopian culture so interesting

fuck, everything is america-fied to shit anyway. i've been to italy and israel and shit and it's all pretty much the same as the US anyway

destination is a frame of mind. your life will never fulfill you if you don't become more self-aware and change your perceptions on supposed unhappiness. you're unhappy by choice, not by your external events in your daily life. if external events control your destiny, take hold of your mind.

you've got 30k
use it accordingly son.
buy some books, vidya, go eat out with a whore.
do some shit with the money, monetarily.

south america psychedelic holiday

why would i even spend money on that shit

i can pirate. yarr matey. etc etc

besides, say i quit my job and shit and spend a year playing video games and shit. then i'm broke, unemployed, and back to where i started. hoo rah

can you say this in english please

like no, i cant just tell myself to be happy when i'm dragging myself through figurative piles of shit every day.

Live cheap in a third world country like India or something.

well then what THE FUCK are you doing complaining on Sup Forums you faggot? HOO RAH?
FUCK OUT of here with your gay mentality and asking us to shell out time for your asshole. figure out your life, or pay for a counselor. faggot

your fucking head would explode if you lived in silicon valley. different cultures everywhere. stay the fuck away

enjoy arkansas, faggot

i said it in clear english language. you're choosing what to perceive as shit by clear, rational thought. thereby letting external circumstances conquer your spirit/mind, the foundation of your life.

Come to MT, I live in Drummond, and I'll have some carpentry work that some one can help me with come June.

>
>can you say this in english please

you are a stupid faggot. stay in arkansas

go away jidf shlomo

and then what? what makes life better from there?

this guy is a waste of time. the faster we stop feeding this thread, the faster this will die.
this fag just wants attention.

>heh. still doesn't make it seem any more desirable, being surrounded by big hefty dudes and all that training and shit.
You do you, man. But in my branch we have dudes who are skinny as fuck. I'm talking about 5'5'' and 160 lbs average. The females aren't that far behind either, coming in at 5'2'' and 120 lbs. or so. Mandatory P.T. in the morning isn't as bad as it seems either. God knows most of us won't otherwise.

Military isn't for everyone though, and I'm no recruiter.

that's the thing life is not better just because you live in some place or enjoy temporary happiness it's all in the brain you have to do surgery on brain to feel happy all the time i say remove amygdala from the brain life becomes 10/10

> (You)
>go away jidf shlomo

you prove my point exactly.

stay in Arkansas Jethro.

eh. you make it sound fun.

maybe i'll look into it. air force never sounded too bad. motherfucking planes and shit

so what you're saying is to be happy regardless of how shitty things are? sounds tough

Join the Marines and come out less a whiny bitch

DMT trip may not be a bad idea if you are in a perspectival rut

>eh. you make it sound fun.
It is in my opinion, once you learn to embrace the suck.

There's still getting chewed out, standing in formation for 4-5 hours for no reason every now and then, and getting punished for your peers' stupidity, but it's whatever at some point.

>I'm done living a life that I hate.

thought you were going to see you were going to KYS

>KYS

i mean, isn't that what all the non-suicidals say? "Why kill yourself if you could do x, y, z instead"

dubs confirm

>stay in Arkansas Jethro

exactly. no need to consider x,y,z. just KYS OP

Arkansas OP? seriously you have to GTFO of Arkansas. Nothing good is in Arkansas except whores and meth.

I posted this in advice but I'm drunk and gonna post it here to whether you wanna kill yourself or not.

If you are looking for a sign not to kill yourself, this is it. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. I hope you live a life you are proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.

i live in chicago

thanks bro.

home sweet home

> (You)
>i live in chicago

you need to leave chicago? what's wrong with you you cunt? where the fuck do you think is better than chicago?????

>whiney little Sup Forumsitch

No rush nigga think on this then plan then act.

Seems like you got some existential despair with that anhedonia.

If you could do anything what would it be? What is preventing you? Do you just want less work bullshit?

Go to Bangkok, Thailand, then catch the train as far south as you can. When you get to Hat Yai, get off and go island hopping.
Give yourself about a month, you'll get yourself sorted out and you'll be happy.
Don't be a dickhead tourist in a rush either. Learn what Sanuk is. Travel light.

come on, baby don'tcha want to go
to the same old place
sweet home, Arkansas

2 and 2 is 4
4 and 4 is 8
OP is a faggot
he aint gonna wait

Also ignore this dumb nigger. Someone disses the place he lives and he throws a tantrum like a child. Then again I don't need to tell anyone he's retarded that's his handlers job

OP plenty of good things came from Arkansas. LIke Hillary CLinton. DOn't let anyone tell you to leave!

us virgin islands. still the US, but off the beaten track.

>If you could do anything what would it be? What is preventing you? Do you just want less work bullshit?

man, that's actually something i haven't really thought of yet

uh. i guess i'd like to run my own business some day. sounds like a blast-- being in control for once, not doing the same shit every day. having actual vacation days. being responsible for my own success/failure.

though i guess that's not really the only thing i'd want to do. like, i'm just tired of the grind, i guess. i'm tired of having no control over it all. that being said id also really rather not burn 30k on vag and come back to being broke *and* exactly where i started lol

Thats a bit much, OP. just take a damned vacation to some place cheap, fuck, buy yourself a damned dirt bike and tear up a nearby desert, hang out with some people there, pahrump is a real shithole, thats the perfect place to do that, and a ride on Mt. Charleston ain't bad.

>take a vacation

not with the job I'm working! haha. it's either i quit or i'm working till next christmas pmuch

This.

like that's better than Arkansas

faggot

Can't get a new job? Have someone fill your hours?

What the hell do you work?

Buy a cheap reliable motorcycle you have the money. Travel where ever the fuck you want. Americans love to see travel in action. Belive me when I say people are more willing to open up and extend opportunities to you when they see you doing some badass shit that not many people do. Living on the road is a cheap sustainable life style if you do it right. Go live on the road for the next year. YOU HAVE THE MONEY. Don't waste your fucking life dog. This is a one time thing.

OP, what would you say are the main issues with your life right now?

i ask partially in self-interest, because we're both recovering alcoholics who are depressed and find returning to reality to be cumbersome to say the least. i'm a decently attractive dude who can find a girl to sleep with, enjoy programming, and dislike my life nonetheless

can you try to explicate what exactly you find shitty about your life? is it just a matter of not finding it fun/eventful, or is there something more? lack of outside interests, lack of sincere love, desire to be more successful, reprehension about past decisions, etc.?

secondly, what do you enjoy? professionally, recreationally, boringly, whatever. i ctrl-Xed my personal response to this question, because i wanna hear what you have to say.

A L A S K A
L
A
S
K
A

just man it up and hold your ground
our ancestors had to rub sticks in the pouring rain to get fire to survive and here you are sperging like a tremendous whiny faggot because sitting behind a computer to feed yourself is so so hard
I am dissapoint in you

also this
and sage

faggot OP, there's about 8 cities in the world that are as good or better than chicago. why the fuck u wanna leave????

>OP is faggot

> (You)
>also this
>and sage

also this.

and sage

it's the fact that i know that when if i die

when i die

i'll have accomplished absolutely nothing. there will be nothing that makes me significant, or useful, or helpful in pushing this species onwards

my life is something a machine could probably do. not only am i not doing anything productive/useful, but i'm also not gaining anything from it either. gaining nothing but money, anyway

so i'm wasting the prime time of my life doing something i hate for no reason other than to keep feeding myself and my cat lol

you clearly havent seen the libcuck riots here

> (You)
>you clearly havent seen the libcuck riots here

you'll be happy in Arkansas

I was gonna do this in june op, was thinking of going to Eugene oregon with a friend but after some research the place seems kinda shitty so idk where to go either

See a shrink get some drugs, same old shit.

silly faggot

i was thinking of going to vegas for DEFCON in july

but that's far away and i want out now

get used to it kid...that's life

We need more of this.

Less of this.
We need to know what you like, rather than just suggest random Yolo shit.
If you don't like anything then that's what we need to work on, and you will probably be the only one who can answer that question.

I wish I had better advice m8. I'm don't exactly have a zeal for life myself

What does it matter if your life was useful for someone else or not? Create your own values. You are living no one else's life but your own

It might be a personal thing user. Different strokes for different folks

Look at all of us trying to figure out the key to happiness.

Maybe there really isn't a key to happiness, maybe it has been a fucking mirage the whole time.

Maybe there's no such thing as pure happiness.

Maybe we've been bamboozled into thinking there is, so that we just keep playing a mindless game of hide and go seek.

one goes to vegas for the adult awards, faggot

faggot OP will never be happy.

OP is faggot

We're suggesting that he should revolutionize his lifestyle and stop living the monotonous 9-5 bs.

Vegas sounds dope but i want a chill city where i can live cheap and die peacefully

And the road becomes my bride,
I am stripped of all but pride, but in her
I do confide, and she keeps me satisfied
Gives me all I need...

Go, road hittin user! Best of luck!

how does one "work on that"?

okay. where do i start?

and some thrill could be nice, yeah. the 9-5 wouldnt even be so bad if I had some substance afterwards

take your $35K to vegas. $35K on red

cant' lose with maga

aparently you never saw Leaving Las Vegas

>live cheap and die peacefully

Arkansas faggot, Arkansas

>if i die
>when i die
>i'll have accomplished absolutely nothing. there will be nothing that makes me significant, or useful, or helpful in pushing this species onwards

well, you seem to have demonstrable interest in both programming and the progression of humanity. might i suggest you consider moving your programming talents in the direction of health and/or general science? i'm just a "libcuck" from seattle, but if you feel that doing something impactful for future generations might be of great interest to you, i would say you should consider pivoting your programming-related interests in a direction more appealing to you. these fields can also give you $$$ out the ass in addition to lending to your ego's sense of believing you're doing something good. (and i don't mean that in a negative way, i'm pretty much there with you.)

fwiw, trust me when i say i understand that one's purposeful value in life might seem meaningless. i struggled with this for a long time, and still do. but also consider the capacity you have to take your intelligence, skills, and humanity in another, more purposeful direction, and how that might turn out career-wise. lemme know if you have any thoughts on that

guaratneed profit. and it will be huge. and beautiful. believe me. believe me

Fuck if I know how to work on it dude. Try different shit out until you find something you like?
You got any better ideas? I mean what's the alternative?
What actions could one take to better the situation?

dubs confirm

$35K on red can't lose

Cant say that i have

Whats so great about arkansas?