Everybody has at least one movie that they really should've seen, but for some reason have never gotten around to it

Everybody has at least one movie that they really should've seen, but for some reason have never gotten around to it.

What's that movie for you, user? What's that movie that, as a film lover, you are embarrased to admit you have not seen?

>Pic related, my answer

I'm gonna correct that by the end of the day, you should do the same. It's as easy as watching a universally revered movie

>tfw I'll probably end up watching a few Sopranos episodes instead, currently on my sixth rewatch

Shawshank Redemption

When you watch 150 movies a month you run out of things you haven't seen.

Barry Lyndon

For me, 2001 had zero cinematographic value. It worked well as a compilation of artsy set-pieces and scenes which didn't quite blend in a movie especially given the non-sensical, purposedly confusing ending.

Godfather Pt II

All three movies were on TV I think a year ago, I saw the first and third one, but out of sheer tiredness I fell asleep about ten minutes into the second one.

For me, it's Ben Hur.

Also why this guy thinks anyone cares about his opinion?

t. moron who will never understand surrealism

Why don't you try The Godfather Epic, its only 7 hours long.

have you seen 'Winter's Light"?

have you seen 'Days of Heaven'?

Have you seen 'Welcome to Me?

Have you seen pic related? (it's actually a solid comedy)

(nice trips)
Maybe today is the day you can change that Go watch it!

Me too. I've seen the first one though but can't remember much. So I'm torn between just watching 2 and rewatching 1 then watching 2.

Ben Hur was a great watch, it came on TCM one night. I'm surprised to see trailers for a remake.

You can easily go into 2 with minimum recollection of 1. You really should do it man, you're missing out big time.
TCM is an amazing network. I've seen so many great films there that I would've never sought out on my own.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Psycho
A Clockwork Orange

of those you listed, i'd say 'psycho' is the easiest watch. i'd knock that one off your list first.

>The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
So you've seen A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, right? The Good the Bad and the Ugly is the third in a trilogy.

There's no real actual continuity between them, but they're worth watching. Once Upon a Time in the West too. I didn't really like the look of westerns but watched all these Leones for a film studies project. Was surprised how great they were (I guess I shouldn't have been)

The Exorcist

2spoopy, I already have a lot of trouble sleeping and horror movies make it even wose.

Every capeshit movie except SS

>The Frozen Ground
>The Beast of War
>Inception
I torrented this ages ago and they still sit on my pc. I can just never get myself to watch them and just download something else. I'll watch The Beast soon, but I'll probably just keep on ignoring the other two.

I tried to watch it, but it had nothing to do with space. It was just a bunch of monkeys doing stupid shit.

Reminder that the Dollars trilogy just an anthology trilogy. Reminder that it was only sold as a trilogy in America to help sell it. Reminder that originally these are stand alone films. Reminder that none of the characters are the same even if it is the same actor.

Once you've seen it through at least one time 2001 becomes a perfect background movie to put on while cleaning the house or working on a separate project. It's slightly less distracting than music, but still enjoyable and easy to follow from memory without visuals.

(nice dubs)
Did you also watch Once Upon a Time in America?
Watch the x-men films (X1,X2,X3, FC, DOFP, Apocalypse)
Yeah I've tried to watch it twice, fell asleep both times, I was high though (DUDE WEED LMAO), tonight I'll go into it sober
dude, Inception is such an easy watch, at least start it and see how it goes

If none of you have seen Road to Perdition (pic related) I HIGHLY recommend it, it was rated highly but I think it was severely underseen. Film of the decade quality IMO

There are quite a few Disney movies I haven't seen, despite growing up during the second rennaissance in the 90s, literally the prime time to see them. And I consider myself an animation buff too.
>The Little Mermaid
>Beauty and the Beast
>Pocahontas
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame
>Tarzan
>The Emperor's New Groove
>Atlantis and Treasure Planet (I guess these aren't really the rannaissance, and I here they're bad)
I downloaded a few of them recently, but still haven't watched them, I guess I'll get around to it at some point. I love the fuck out of animation, but I have a strong aversion to musicals, also their sappy nature. Although I'm not entirely sure why it happened, I'm kinda glad how the onset of CGI animation somehow killed off musicals until Tangled and then Frozen came along.

>Did you also watch Once Upon a Time in America?
No that one I've not got around to seeing. I'll be sure to seek it out.

I put it off for so long because I thought it would be super boring but it was a fuck ton of fun to watch. Ridiculously beautiful too.

Ikiru

My backlog is huge, but here are some of the highlights:

>Literally any Kubrick movie
>Heat
>Thief
>Hard Boiled
>Seven Samurai

Pulp Fiction. One of these days

Gone with the Wind

Saving Private Ryan is at the top of the list. I'm going to try to make some time to finally watch it this weekend.

Also on the list:
Fargo
No Country For Old Men
The Insider
The Dark Knight Rises

Why not today?
Start with Dr. Strangelove or The Shining
(nice dubs)
Honestly, I would put Fargo at the top of that list. I love Saving Private Ryan, but Fargo is on a level few films have matched.

You know what? you're right
I've been postponing this for too long

A Clockwork Orange is the best starting point. If you want an optimal viewing experience, after that you should watch Dr. Strangelove, 2001, Spartacus, Barry Lyndon, Eyes Wide Shut, Paths of Glory and The Shining - in that order.

I realize how sacred some of these experiences are.

I could watch them all now, alone.
But I save these movies for friends/family/relationships.

>"You've never seen _________ ? Lets watch that tonight
So I'll Bide my time.

Once upon a time in America

OP here, I actually haven't seen A Clockwork Orange either. I'll take your advice and watch that before I watch 2001.

I hope you like it man, I can't imagine only seeing it now for the first time, it's so ingrained in popular culture. It's a fucking great movie though.
That one's a little tricky, having to set aside almost 4 hours.

The Thing.

Oddly enough I have seen The Thing From Outer Space, though.

this. I've watched all the classics I really want to watch, and I'm saving the rest for that kind of situation.

I've seen the 2011 remake and not the original......

So do you only watch TV now? Or only new release movies and you settle for non-classics?

Watching this tonight. I also need to watch Ben Hur before the remake comes out

it's not a remake, ya dingus

You're in for a wild ride. One of my favorite movies if not THE favorite.

>artsy
>purposedly
You use non-descriptive buzzwords and can't spell. Opinion discarded

Everyone knows that, autist

true dat

uh uh uh why you do dat? i try to be a tough dad, but u be makin me laugh
shit, i forgot thats on my short list as well, thx bby

same as you OP, just saw some parts of it an looks pretentious as fuck.
should force miself to watch it someday.

Just wanted to say that you guys gave me the motivation to start 'A Clockwork Orange', I'm watching it right now. It's something I could never seem to push myself to do in the past. Thank you, I hope that some of you are doing the same with whatever movie you need to see.

Emperor new groove is a comedy, and they won't sing that much, start with that one to get going.

no country for old man

Yes, but follow the order ACO, then Dr. Strangelove and then 2001. It'll be that much better

I feel like I should watch Birth of a Nation just for the historic value, film and otherwise. Aside from that, I have never seen Casablanca.

I hear you mean, but I've seen Dr. Strangelove already

it's actually a little bit overrated. All lean movies are half an hour too long

>Casablanca
It's alright, nothing amazing. Tends to be the case when you watch much lauded older movies.

Overrated garbage with poorly developed characters

I watch TV, new movies if they look good, and older movies that aren't really classics.