fucking pleb

>not listing to the masters angelic voice
shiggidydiggidy

Dubbed, it has Bluntfu and JGL

>watching cartoons
Grow up

spotted the mad dubpleb

Subbed. Always subbed.

If you have to ask you're obviously a dubfag.

Dub

Miyazaki basically hired the main Japanese VA for the lulz

Japanese voice acting is trash. Weebs have no class.

And no grace.

Watching Japanese animated films subbed: The director hires actual actors that are well respected and have been classically train giving them the ability to deliver lines efficiently

Dubbed: Some guy who used to work at gawker or IGN writing clickbait articles that wants to work for cartoons or some washed-up youtube whore. Also steven blum in like 90% of roles.
Really hard choice.

Hideaki "AnimeIndrustryFreePass" Anno is the voice of Jiro

This weeb, has a funny face

I think the dub should have been voiced by Q from James Bond

> Some guy who used to work at gawker or IGN writing clickbait articles that wants to work for cartoons or some washed-up youtube whore. Also steven blum in like 90% of roles.
Really hard choice.

Is this a meme or are you retarded? Did you evem watch the movie? Joseph Gordon Levitt is the star dipshit

Literally a meme actor. Do you watch live action foreign films dubbed too you fucking plebeian?

>The director hires actual actors that are well respected and have been classically train giving them the ability to deliver lines efficiently

Watch The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness - they have a scene where you see the process of picking the main actor.

Miyazaki and Suzuki seems to pick Anno because they think it'll be funny more than anything.
You can see all the other Studio people looking mildly panicked but too afraid to talk Miya San out of it.

Any non-english film I prefer to watch subbed. Also, because of differences in language sometimes they have to say less when dubbed, while when subbed it can be as long as it needs to be to translate it properly.

Not always the case, The Spirited Away dub is superior to the sub.
No completely different, Jap VAs are mostly atrocious and very rarely do I prefer the sub

princess mononoke, howl's and spirited away were all far better dubbed

anyone claiming japs are bad at VA, and american dubs aren't cringy shit need to fucking off themselves

Didn't Myazaki claim the French dub of Porco Rosso is superior as well?

They're brainwashed burgers.

No

The is nothing wrong with watching dubbed animation, as long as the dub is competent. One of the main appeals of dubbed animation is that the dub can work just as well as the original audio, in that the dialogue is able to match the animation without looking wrong as it would in a dubbed live action movie.

And Werner Herzog singing in German.

doesnt matter. It was written in a language, with specific cultural influences. Your reasoning is like saying "its ok to translate poetry, since you're seeing funny mouths desynched"

There were two versions of the dub, the Disney one and the non-Disney one. Which one are you referring to?

They're retards that don't speak multiple languages and don't understand that certain nuances and cultural influences can't be translated. Don't try to argue with them.

He killed millions

I guess that's a fair point, however I'm not going to learn a new language to watch a few chinese cartoons. OP was asking for a comparison between sub and dub, my point being that for animation the dub can be just as good, if not better.

I agree live action is completely different and I could never watched that dubbed and take it seriously. Anime is totally different since
1. the characters look white anyway
2. animation in general has this general tendency to make every character in that world look like they are all from the same race( some kind of European variant usually)
3. Japs are usually lazy anyway and it's not like animators actually make mouth movements match human mouth movements when speaking a language. They're literally just "mouth flaps"
as this guy pointed out. youtube.com/watch?v=5WEFIp6GYT0
So in the end, it really doesn't matter to me so long as the acting and dialogue isn't completely stupid/ completely loses it's meaning.

HAVE WE STARTED THE WIND!?!

Youtubed. Like this legendary anime.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: youtube.com/watch?v=ycfdfinG_P8
ED1: youtube.com/watch?v=hXDNGS9V4Us
ED2: youtube.com/watch?v=m4DyTjrruVo
PV: youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
EP 1: youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
EP 13: youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

There he is. There he goes again.

Look everyone he posted it once again. Isn't he just the funniest guy around. Oh my god.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room giggling like a little girl as you once again type your little keit-ai thread up and fill in the captcha.

Or maybe you don’t even fill in the captcha, maybe you’re such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Sup Forums pass so you just choose the picture.

Oh we all know the picture, the uh epic flip phone isn’t it? I imagine you, little shit, laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos onto the floor.

But its ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh that’s right, did I fail to mention? You live with your mother! You’re a fat fucking fuck up and she’s probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all god damn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Sup Forums posting about a shitty fanfic.

Just imagine this, she had you and then she thought you were going to be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand and then you became a NEET. A pathetic keit-ai fag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can’t even talk try to you because all you say is “FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY FINDS A WAY.”

You became a parody of your own self. And that’s all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he’s done a million times now.

And that's all you'll ever be.

>Dubs
>those second rate gaijin voice actors and their zero conviction

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/

The wind rises!

If you're not an anglo the english dub will sound just as bad as japanese voice acting sounds to anglos.

ALWAYS

Sucked or lubed? Doomed or Lured? Hurried or Moored? Whored or Used? Hustled or Amused? Loosed or tossed?

The great debate.

Only anime I prefer dubbed are Miyazaki movies, they're just done really well.

The wind rises is awful. I have no idea what the fuck the movie was about.

If you watch any anime dubbed, you are breaking authorial intent. Same for reading translations.

It's a cartoon who gives a shit?

I tend to watch subs, but Ghibli dubs are always top notch.

You could be a man and listen to Hideaki "The Master" Anno's voice and be a little bitch and listen to Joseph "Hothead" Levitt's voice.

I always watch Miyazaki movies dubbed. Every single one of them has been excellent. Ignore the weebs from Sup Forums, most of them are just 14 year olds who think that anything that's Japanese is automatically superior.

That said, Wind Rises was a little underwhelming.

Is this some next level bane bait

The dub for on blu-ray, whichever one that is.

When in doubt, dub up.

The one for plebs that can't understand Japanese so they have to watch the butchered release?