>yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5zN-MVMnXlI
youtube.com/watch?v=AzO5H8UyyVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Lombardy
>yes
>Italian Flag

Still, Padania is a shit name, we should just keep Italy, annex Tuscany and force thos damn failed Africans in the South to change name.

>Padania
>not Great Lombardy
>mfw

What will happen to Rome (Lazio/Latium) when Tuscany is annexed. Will it try to be independent from the south as well?

What a beautiful Lombard speciemen, look at that cranium, Lombroso would be proud

Let me explain: south Italy wasn't even considered in the original Piedmontese unification plan, but then Garibaldi came, conquered the whole south with a band of volunteers with the intention of instaurating a Republic .
The king di Savoia would have never allowed a republican rival near his nation, so he tricked him with "It was always my plan, thank you, Garibaldi, I'll take this land."

The conquest of Rome in 1871 was more a symbolic act of the WE WUZ ROM kind and held no economical advantages.

In fact, even to this day, everything south of Siena has been nothing but a money sink for our country, and the birthplace of the Mafia, nonetheless.

What would happen to Rome after the secession? It's difficult to say, but I don't think they would split again, just because Latinum and the south are both far from economical autonomy and dividing would make the situation worse.

Sorry for textwalls.

Why not Toscana?

>From Tuscany to North
>Republic of Italy
>From Napoli to South
>Kingdom of the Two Sicilies

Italy should vote for Italexit, then north italy declares independance and rejoins the EU, and South Italy can deal with the refugees

Although Tuscany is almost always depicted as federated to a hypothetical Padania, it does not belong to Padania (= Po valley) geographically speaking, and OP's image mainly talks about the origin amd validity of the name to indicate the economical macroregion.

heavenly republic of Padania

Enlightened union of Etruria (Toscana)

SPQR (Latium)

Mafia patronage of Terronia

Sheperd kingdoms of Sardinia

This guy gets it.

I think your country will accommodate them

Yes absolutely

Bumping with the first Duke of Milan, Gian Galeazzo Visconti, who is renown for three main reasons:
1) Conquering most of Northen Italy and Tuscany
2) Starting to build the Duomo of Milan (wich will be completed by Napoleon)
3) Having a badass family motto: Vipereos Mores Non Violabo (I wil not violate the Snake's uses)

Never going to happen.

>flag
>no
Padania doesn't exist nor make sense. I'd much rather see some sort of Lega Italica 1454 style.

>Italexit
Fuck that, exitaly sounds far better.

>reddito

Jokes aside, it's italian for "income".

>(= Po valley)
If you put it like that, then the whole north east doesn't belong either. Padania is a political construct, it's silly to apply physical geography to it.

>Lega Italica 1454 style
I can dig this. All the best parts of Italy, while keeping a healthy division between the three cultural areas.

This just proves what he said.

Lazio contributes more than it receives

Lazio has the capital, and all the economic benefits it entails. It's a rather unfair advantage when making a contributive comparison.

I have a better idea

Unluckily, the independence of a North Italian state is in the hands of one of the worst and more idiotic Italian political parties, so incoherence in the use of names is to be expected.

Still, it doesn't matter wether you call it Padania, Greater Lombardy, Lega Italica, Cisalpine Republic or whatever name you wish.

The point here is that we all agree that an independent confederation of Lombardy, Piedmont, Liguria, Tuscany, the three Venetia and Valle d'Aosta would be nice.

10/10 would swear fealthy to the Empire.

>Still, it doesn't matter wether you call it Padania, Greater Lombardy, Lega Italica, Cisalpine Republic or whatever name you wish.
It kinda does actually. Partly because of my autism, partly because the name is an actual political statement in itself.
Padania and Greater Lombardy are just fuck my shit up material.

Isn't it a problem that Veneto wants to be independent from Rome itself or would the Venetians be fine with a confederation in which it gets more self-determination?

>still piedmontese frenchscum in it

no

Venetians look dumb, but they generally aren't. They don't particularly care about independence itself, they just want to keep the taxes they pay to invest in their own territory and have a government that celebrates rather than disparages venetian heritage.
They're well aware that full independence is bad for business. A federative project would work fine for them, as long as you keep your hands well and fully away from their pockets. And if you don't, they'll just hide the pockets anyway.

nty not going to unite with a nation that is now genuinely half arab and (((walloons)))

Venetians would rather stay in Italy acquiring more autonomy, or join an Italian federation.

Why don't you guys just turn Italy into a loose confederation instead of completely breaking up?

You'll get all the self determination you want without the passion in the opposition the call for separation would ignite.

That's what people want, see Padania is just a meme

he looks Anglo

I'm not Venetian myself, so I can't really say that. I think that there are some extremists like our friend here who would like to go full Serenissima again,but I think most reasonable people would want to stick with us. [spoiler] Otherwise they would end up Terronia or slav tier very quickly [/spoiler]

Yes well to be fair those choices are stupid.
Italy couldn't afford treating Veneto like Trentino even if it was richer than Germany, nevermind in the current conditions.

We would literally have to abrogate the constitution for one thing. We'd also see a full half of the country go bankrupt overnight, which is bad business for the whole confederation.

>Otherwise they would end up Terronia or slav tier very quickly
Short of Italy and the EU deciding to boycott them, I don't see how could that happen.

If half the country is this unsustainable then bankruptcy could fix their problems. They'd default on their debts and start fresh with tight fiscal policies.

kraut woman in milan, she likes italian cannoli

youtube.com/watch?v=5zN-MVMnXlI

It's not that simple. Bankruptcy would basically make them third world. I mean maybe they'd wise up fiscally, but they'd still be exceedingly poor and with no sort of resource to exploit to improve. I mean their youth already leaves in droves, if you make the situation worse, you'll literally kill the country.
You can't cripple your confederate brothers that badly. That's something you can only do by cutting ties completely.

Most of our public debt is owned by Italian private investors, or small companies with no more than 15-20 employees. If Italy declared bankruptcy, our whole economy would tank overnight.

*si ascrive al sostrato ario towards you*

>What would happen to Rome after the secession?
S
T
P A P A L
T
E

Tony for president
fuck Salveenee

youtube.com/watch?v=AzO5H8UyyVE

the lombard company is here for you, the people...

>flag
>No
Remain butthurt indipendentists and padania doesn't exist

Disgusting

P A P A L STATE
A
P
A
L

Salùt Lombardia!

It was actually an utter fucking shithole once you got out of the city of Rome itself. Brigands everywhere and assbackward feudal latifundism all the way up to the Legazione delle Romagne (which was basically just conquered northern communes anyway).

now what a GOOD thread.
i'm all for the revival of the Serenissima; in fact, we should aim to acquire all past holdings of the Most Serene Republic

That would just be a bigger Vatican City

Independent Venezia?

The fuck. Why should we have to pick back up pieces of Albania, Montenegro and Greece? We should just go back to the 1797 borders.

Feudalism is good when it works, what time period are you talking about though?
London was shit 300 years ago, there were brigands everywhere at one point

I think that would be cool too, need to get a bit out of croatia and slovenia though, so i'm not sure how well that will go down

>what time period are you talking about though?
Literally all the way up to unification. There's a reason there's so big a gap between north and south you know, and that reason is that time basically stopped to the 13th century south of the Metauro and Tiber rivers, and only started back up in the very late 19th century.

navy bases, plus the albanians make for excellent soldiers, while the greek are good for cannon fodder

Nigga pic related.
Size alone would prevent us from being militarily relevant anyway, selling weapons is more profitable than handling them anyway.

Padania is a stupid 20th century name, come up with a better historical one

venezia has always had a more maritime projection than anything, of course we can not hope to be relevant in army size, but our navy ought to be feared and respected in the whole mediterranean.

Should have invested in Eastern Valencia instead.

>come up with a better historical one
*ahem*

that sounds cool, nothing wrong with having a section of medieval europe around
(North was richer in the 13th century too btw- bigger cities+ more trade)

>our navy ought to be feared and respected in the whole mediterranean
Why bother? A bank is stronger than a fleet in this day and age. It's not like we'd have mude to protect from pirates anymore. A coast guard with orders to sink boatniggers would be more than enough for our needs.

>North was richer in the 13th century too btw- bigger cities+ more trade
The north was richer basically from the roman late republican/early imperial period anyway for that matter, it's just that the south started to stagnate when the Kingdom of Naples became Aragon's backwater.

I suppose that is true, about the South stagnating and all

Which is strange in a way because of its position among all the trade routes in the med , its ideal as a crossroad stopping point, as well as Sicily's historically important position in terms of food production

Actually if you think about it the southern mainland is really rather irrelevant tradewise. There's no reason to stop anywhere south of Naples if you wanna trade with Italy itself, and no reason to stop anywhere south of Venice if you wanna trade with mainland Europe.
Sicily was actually rich longer than the rest of the south exactly because of the trade, being the perfect midpoint of the mediterranean, but when trade moved westward to the atlantic, it lost that resource too. Also the island desertified a fair bit since the middle ages, just like most of northern africa for mostly the same reasons.

I suppose , its just a load of olive/grain farms , plus some standard livestock, other than Naples really.

I think you are underestimating the importance of Mediterranean trade

Atlantic trade expanded and helped Northern ports/ countries, such as England, Denmark and Belgium, but it did not detract from Mediterranean trade, it was a gain to europe, rather than a shift.
The atlantic trade mainly brought exotic things such as tobacco, potatoes, cotton, maize and sugar, rather than what sicily produced.

Only in the 19th/20th century did american wheat start to matter- although not in the huge quantities it is today, however with the Suez canal at the same time the med became really important, as much of the wealth/ trade of the Orient flowed up the suez, and for goods flowing down from europe too.

>Val d'Aosta
Cazzo succede qua?

homicides, fonduta and french separatism.

Polentoni can't be independent from thier African bull let alone be an independent country

itally shidd romanie bettr

this

>posts German map

Hab dich ertappt Klaus-Jürgen. Schnell wieder zurück ins Lehrerzimmer

THIS

>Have you caught Klaus-Jürgen. Quickly back to the teacher's room
>Avete preso Klaus-Jürgen. Rapidamente torna alla stanza del personale
what did he mean by this?

>Burgerstan
>Yes because fuck south Italians

My humor is too subtle for the average /int, only and maybe Germans will understand

It was HRE tire

sounds like fun

Ieri sono tornato a casa dopo un fine settimana in Puglia e devo dire che ci sono meno differenze tra noi e l'Italia settentrionale che tra il nord e il sud Italiano.
Ma come fate a convivere?

Did a Guido Fuck your gf Skylar?

>ma come fate a convivere
we dont. we have developed a stockholm syndrome towards the central state, which keeps draining resorces from the north in a neverending effort to help the south, but 150 years of statal incentives went down the drain together with our perception of the south as a legitimate part of this state. it's a fucking berber shithole which is better left to rot, but as long as we're bound to the failed and artificial state of italy, we have to withstand such an ungrateful leech.

Non abbiamo scelto noi di convivere con loro, piuttosto ... dateci Fiume e Capodistria porcodio

>dateci Fiume e Capodistria porcodio
eh, no grazie. Ho visto cos'e' capitato a Trieste dove ci sono piu' Vu'compra e Cinesi che Italiani.
L'anno scorso ho dovuto prendere il treno regionale tra Brescia e Bergamo. Io e mia moglie eravamo gli unici bianchi. Pure il controllore era un nero.
Ma quale Italia irredenta, riconquistate prima le vostre citta', Porco Dio!

>riconquistate prima le vostre citta', Porco Dio!
one day...

CANCELLA QUESTO

CANCELL QUESTO

Toscana is relevant enough to be its own thing. Outside of the islands, Toscana is the most relevant/famous part of Italy because of the quattrocento.

Why is Italy not a Federal Republic? Are they Unitary Frenchboos?

>Why is Italy not a Federal Republic?
United through conquest by the very centralized and authoritarian House of Savoy.
>Are they Unitary Frenchboos?
Not really. Changing into a federal republic would basically require the parliament to abrogate like half the constitution tho, and that's really fucking hard to do. It needs like multiple majorities, a high quorum referendum and other shit.

More than Venice, Naples or Milan?

Toscana > Rome > Venice in term of relevance

Toscana is very relevant because of the history, architecture (Toscan architecture), garden (Toscan gardens also called Italian gardens but in reality they come from Toscana), the old recognizable cities...

t. pierre toscani