ARCADE FIRE - EVERYTHING NOW

new album out July 28th and title track single:

youtube.com/watch?v=zC30BYR3CUk

I think it's meh

What the fuck who still cares about this band?

Why do they still fucking bother with music videos.

Really, who is still watching music videos, especially "indie" rock music videos if they aren't directed by some Hollywood auteur?

And the song is meh. I loved this band a lot but they aren't making music that feels pretty dated right now. Actually this sounds a lot like ABBA what the fuck.

holy shit this song is so laughably bad

Jesus they really are a piss poor ""indie"" U2 now. Musically, lyrically. and stylistically

it sounds like U2 and ABBA had a baby

I don't hate it, but I'm worried.

Usually Arcade Fire albums have one really fucking good single and the rest of the album is overlong ehness. Right now we're starting at okay.

that's bad enough to be on the radio

Arcade Fire was already on the radio moron

Oh no, they've lost it haven't they? This isn't bad, but it seems their glory days are over.

your college NPR station doesn't count

This

>now

Lol they've always been shit

>stealing the 1975's aesthetic
/ / A R C A D E F I R E / /

Alternative airplay:
>Ready To Start - #16
>Reflektor - #17
>Afterlife - #22
>We Used to Wait - #22
>Keep the Car Running - #32

Rock airplay:
>Reflektor - #24
>Afterlife - #43

AAA airplay
>Modern Man - #8
>Reflektor - #11
>I Give You Power - #18
>Afterlife - # 18
>The Suburbs - #26

Funeral is still easily one of the top 10 rock albums of the 2000s.

Eh I thought it was pretty decent actually, get a more Fleetwood Mac-y vibe off it than anything.

Never thought I'd say this but it's a 5/10 at best. Too bad because it starts off good.

too repetitive

does anyone else just want a fucking indie rock band to have shit production and no access to electronic instruments? this is getting boring

there's a whole wave of bandcamp trash you may like

Why does every big band walk the same path of coming out with something great, then slowly descending towards mediocrity?

Arcade Fire has literally become U2.
A couple years from now we will roll our eyes everything they release something.

Every fucking 21st century band keeps going through the U2 phase:
>establish self as serious, earnest rock artists amongst tastemakers
>have a real breakout/hugely acclaimed album
>shift direction to experiment with electronic music
>keep doing that but making it blander
>then start incorporating more elements of your old sound again, but blander
>5 - 10 years later, you've become completely irrelevant outside of group of hardcore fans

'no'

Why does it sound familiar?

>U2 is bad

those don't count retard. I mean actual radio. That plays normie shit

80s U2 was good
90s U2 was alright
00s U2 was mostly trash
10s U2 who even gives a fuck

It's because of the phase

It's a good song.

Sounds like Radiohead

It's boring

Yeah, Radiohead are also casualties of the U2 effect, though their fans don't want to admit it.

Shit taste. I fucking despise people like you who praise mediocrity. Kill yourself.

You must be great at parties, user.

q u a d s

c o n f i r m

>one really fucking good single

Did you listen to any of their albums more than once?

lol. You're the type of kid to dislike a band because of it's audience.

Their new "Website" is cringe.
>windows 95 aesthetic
>2017

Following in the footsteps of U2 they have become old, rich and out of touch with their core fanbase. Yet still going through the motions

>video.mp3

Only if you look at their EMI records.
Every album after HTTT has been vastly different from anything else they made before, and in no way is neither In Rainbows or KOTL "just blander versions of their old sound".

me

Man, I feel like they let Regine run a bit too wild with the melodies these two records.

Just basically make a sweet hook and a few cool melodies, also throw in a very repetitive 2-3-note thingie on some unusual instrument, then just drown everything out in bass and drum.

Actually would love if they went the Bon Iver way, but alas it seems that them getting a cold reception for Reflektor means this one will be definitely a very "safe" record

I feel like it's a very context-sensitive single, the lyrics certainly hint at something more darker following that, so maybe they just use the contemporary 8 layers of irony shtick. Although then it'll be very weird to release it as the first single. Maybe the album will be better.

All I can think of when I hear this song is Father John Misty's Total Entertainment Forever

accurate

This is painfully mediocre. Reflekor at least had good lead singles. This album is already starting out on bland.

How do you go from one of the most beautiful indie rock albums to this drab song

hey whats that on the horizon
>tame impala

fucking love it. It's like ABBA

Me.

Don't forget the part when they start taking themselves way too seriously and put out a pretentious concert film intermixed with interviews proclaiming them to be the absolute pinacle of human achievement. Both U2 and Arcade Fire went through this phase.

>Best New Track

"I'm in the black again
Can't make it back again"

D R O P P E D

This will be the first universally-agreed-to-be-mediocre Arcade Fire album, I guarantee it.

>That many closeups of Win's face
Terrible choice.

>HEY YOU GUYS!!

Great track. Maybe one of their best of this decade. I don't get the hate. The strings are fantastic and fluid, the message of the song is uplifting and as far as "pop" songwriting, it's written incredibly well with ear popping melodies and harmonies. Also, the production is better then 90% of the songs on Reflektor (That's right, I'm talking to you James), and in general it sounds like an improvement and refinement on the Indiesco sound they introduced on Reflektor

>and as far as "pop" songwriting
Yeah, I would be fine with this if Arcade Fire was a fucking pop group.

>Also, the production is better then 90% of the songs on Reflektor
that's because it was produced by Thomas of Daft Punk

if shitty lyricism is the main concern here you should've dropped them fifteen years ago

Me

I like the song. But we will never have another Funeral or Neighborhood #1.

It's like waiting for Muse not to be shit and top Origin of Symmetry.

Have the entered their All That You Can't Leave Behind phase?

>It's like waiting for Muse not to be shit and top Origin of Symmetry.
They did, it was called Absolution

It's a very Talking Heads sounding song. Very much like Burning Down The House.

You guys would probably have hated talking heads too 4 or 5 albums into their career when they started being influenced by world rythems and synths.

Trends repeat. Lots of bands started out rock at the end of the 70s and started using synths in the 80s when they became popular. That's not a bad thing.

Anyways the songwriting on this sounds much closer to funeral than reflektor

i was wrong, it's actually very good

kek

Me. You just got FIRED.

>tfw love Arcade Fire but think this song is meh as fuck but now that I know it's produced by Thomas Bangalter I'm trying my best to like it

>tfw new Foo Fighters is better than this

Me.

So BNTs go only to p4k legacy acts like Arcade Fire/The National/LCD etc, or top 40 pop. Got it.

Why everyone is comparing this song to ABBA? Sounds like Bowie Low era to me.

Me.

Kek, this song is awful. RIP

I think this song fucking rules, but I seem to be the only one.

you

There my favourite band but my god I hate this fucking song, there's also another song off the album on YouTube and it sounds equally as bad. Why couldn't they just stick to making sweet nostalgic songs, why are they going down this electronic route :(

It's not because it's electronic. It's bad because it's just a fucking disco song.

I do

I care. They're one of my favorite bands.

"Alternative radio" basically plays normie shit anyways. Stuff like twenty one pilots and Lorde dominates "alternative radio"

>writing the song off based on your first listen

literally what the song is talking about

am i from another timeline? I remember reflektor getting great reviews.

Liking this aesthetic better than Reflektor.

A very very good first track.

Neon Bible did the worst. Reflektor did very well.

How many times must a person listen to a song before they're allowed to say whether they like or dislike it?

first thing I though was ABBA, especially that middle part

ah yes, i especially love the Pablo Honey influence on TKOL
you dumb fuck

LOL ABBA IM DEAD

liking or disliking is plebbery

>new War on Drugs
>new Demarco
>new Arcade Fire

A good year lads.

I enjoyed reflector "supersymatry" is probably my favourite song if there's I'd be happy If this album has 3 decent songs because the two I've heard are awful

Yeah I'm hopeful for War on Drugs, but I suspect this will be the first Arcade Fire album to be a total let-down.

we need hamsters on this.. too much pan flute

This is really wrong, they started with really crappy albums and they got better progressively, they peaked (for sure) but they're not going downhill or getting worse as the case of U2 or Arcade Fire, they're still relevant making good albums