Band Members

>there are two versions of Asia after all the original members were replaced, who then reformed
>there are about four different groups called "The Drifters" despite the last original member dying in 2007
>similar for The Wailers of Bob Marley fame

Any other weird examples?

I'm pretty sure the Residents have gone through at least three complete lineups.

I'm also pretty sure some very famous musicians have played with them anonymously.

Seriously the original Residents would be like 70 or 80 by now.

>Ringo

>Rapping

The Beach Boys

What is the difference between a band that revolves around one member and a solo project?

Christ

further evidence that George was the best Beatle

lol

Doesn't count for Santana.

Abraxas and the self titled are the only albums you need to worry about and they had both had the same lineup.

>band has two drummers

This has gotta be one of my favorites.
>tfw the only explanation is that the lead singer is a cunt

>let's get the band back together!
>doesn't

fucking christ i'd be amazed if the guy can remember the names of half the people that have been in his band

Technically Thor was a percussionist not a drummer.

I thought it looked ugly that they'd put in the touring musicians, then I remembered Rick Wright was one for a bit when Roger put him on the naughty step.

RIP ;_;

Ulrich Schnauss is the sole member of Tangerine Dream after the last original member died some 2 or 3 years ago.

>Thurston Moore
I always forget he was in Swans
I still find it weird that their only consistent member was Mason

>5 vocalists
>3 drummers
>3 bassists

no original members

>in flames
Good :^)

where'd you get this? it's not on Wikipedia. Is Steppenwolf a band worth listening to

Similar situation with Hawkwind
This is probably the explanation

lead singer is a cunt core

Outcunted

Faust
Every tropical group in Latina America. How many sonora dinamitas are there ? Like 20?

Was never too into Megadeth but I knew Vinnie Colaiuta played drums with them for a while. Had no idea that tour was all touring/session musicians aside from Mustaine tho.

This is just after they started recording

How can any band still have the same name and logo and everything when there are no original members left? At what point is it considered to be a different band?

screen shot.png

That's what I'm wondering. I'd personally say that the tipping point is when there are no original members left. At that point, you shouldn't be able to use the name and if you want to perform the songs you have to list yourself as a tribute band.

The Four Freshmen.

Formed in the late 40s. 22 groups. Still going.

>Mike Love

>renaming screenshots

Emmure haven't been around long but this is still hilarious, Frankie Palmeri is such a twat the entire band quit on him at once.

Napalm Death is by all means a completely different band after the first 15 minutes of Scum.

Look at these big bois.
Here's Iron Butterfly.

I like that they went on a short reunion tour after two years of not being a band and it was just a bunch of fucking strangers and then Dave Mustaine.

He's joking because it's Swans, and Swans have a song called Screen Shot

You are but a baby

Not as 'impressive' as the others but here's one for a band i like called Three Dog Night.

Might do one for a band I hate too.