espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2006
espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2012
espn.com/chicago/mlb/columns/story?id=6794275&columnist=greenberg_jon
chicagoist.com/2011/07/25/cubs_numbers_confirm_37_percent_of.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Royals

>wake up
>still no further trades yet

>Jeurys Familia’s legal troubles are over after domestic violence charges against him were dropped, but the Mets closer almost certainly will be suspended by MLB, with sources expecting a penalty of approximately 40 games.

>Familia’s wife, Bianca Rivas, declined to pursue the case during a court appearance on Thursday following Familia’s Oct. 31 arrest at their Fort Lee home.

>After the decision was reached Thursday morning, an MLB spokesman said the league’s investigation was “ongoing” and the Mets released a statement saying the team “will await the outcome of MLB’s investigation.”

giganteeeees

Literally the same story every fucking time. The case is dropped because reasons and the league issues a suspension.

DV is notoriously difficult to prosecute though because it requires cooperation from the assualted party, who understandably might not want to ruin a loved/former loved one's life

His reputation is already damaged though. If she didn't want to besmirch Familia she shouldn't have gone through with it. And if what she said is in fact true he should be charged.

>loved one/former loved one beats the absolute shit out of you
>call police
>decide you don't want to rightly ruin his life
?????

Not trying to sound like pol here, but do women actually think this way?

People can chamge how they feel from day to day

Yes
They tell themselves stuff like "he was drunk" or "he didn't really mean it" etc and talk themselves out of it

Ofcourse they can but at that point it's already too late. He's still going to be viewed as a woman beater whether he's convicted or not.

There's a huge fucking difference between being 'viewed' as a woman beater and an honest to god conviction man

There's a difference but I don't know if I would say it's huge. These guys are never convicted because the victims are always pressured to not press charges or drop it altogether. Pretty funny how the mest now employ 2 athletes who were involved with domestic violence cases.

Is this what happened for Chapman?

In New York DV gives jail time or a fine, although for an athlete like Familia would almost certainly not get fined. Five years in jail would basically be the end of his baseball career

And yeah New Yorkers are scumbags what else is new.

Well it'll never change until actual repercussions are enforced. It's not like I'm butt hurt he won't get punished outside of a 30 game suspension it's just annoying how it's the same result every time. If you actually want change then do something about it. Another problem is verifying if abuse actually occurred. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small portion of cases that were disgruntled girlfriends just wanting money and this is how they approached it.

Pictures of Chapman's girlfriend were released, and there literally wasn't a scratch on her. They did have him on firing 8 shots from his gun though

Mets seem to condone this behavior.

A reminder of happier times

youtube.com/watch?v=fBKvoIe0xRs

>Yankees and Red Sox hanging around Pittsburgh, waiting to offer a $100 million contract as soon as somebody hits a triple

>Cuban comes to America
>immediately gets a gun

Lol, it's like they're handing out Republican Party membership cards as soon as we get off the boat.

>firing off 8 shots
Seems to me he's assimilated to USA quite nicely

I don't appreciate these bantz. Please delete them now, or I'll report you.

Stockholm Syndrome is abuse 101. Doesn't have anything to do with gender.

Why, Canada?

>yfw star player locked up until 2021

feels good mang

I'm sorry to hear that, what did he do?

Domestic violence.

ayyy familia

you're too funny user

2008 was over 8 years ago. How does it feel to still be a Phillies fan?

You should be happy, we're integrating.

the future is bright; our success usually comes in slow but steady, we won more games than last year than before, and i have no doubt this'll be a .500-type team. Pitchers are healthy, plenty of young bats, outfield improved, time to prep our 2018 eries run.

Tell that to OJ.

What is it with New York baseball teams and domestic violence? At least when Chapman went to Chicago, the DJ trolled him by playing Prodigy's Smack My Bitch Up after Chapman pitched his first inning.
youtube.com/watch?v=2DPF_pWIy3w

You know they fired that guy?

This fucking country

What? Really? The fuck is wrong with the cubes?

wow, really? an employer fired someone for violating policy? holy shit! that's somehow "the country's" fault! you're right!

>37%
What did lifelong Cubs fans mean by this?

It's the perfect song too. Lyrics are:
change my pitch up
smack my bitch up
x30

>2011

Kek

What are you, his fuckbuddy? Calm down joyboy

Given that Cubs fans were talking about how loyal they were during the Cubs' down year in just the last thread, the year doesn't disprove anything

m8 you're a moron

>Cubs
>fans

lel, the hate is real.
btw, after just a casual stroll through espn.com,
the Cubs were still 9th overall in attendance, despite a losing season:
espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2011
the Cubs, in one of their worst seasons ever, were still in the top 10:
espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2011
in the year the White Sox won the World series, and afterwards, the Cubs still grossly outperformed attendance-wise:
espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2005
espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2006

Now, go back to school or else your teacher will deem you truant.

Since I know TY is a retard, and can't navigate websites, the second link is meant for:
espn.com/mlb/attendance/_/year/2012

>37%

can't make it up

You're not the brightest, are you?

not an argument.

plastic bandwagon team, plastic bandwagon fans

>Wrigley Field has more fans than the Cubs
What a fucking laugh

>37% of the attendance in down years was from tourism
>"n-no, we're all loyal, just look at our good attendance numbers"
kek

Meant for

Yes, those million + fans that visited Wrigley Field during a 100 loss season are totally bandwagon fans bruh.

>it's as if Cubs fans can't travel
TY, I know you got a hate boner for the Cubs, but seriously, you are drawing some retarded conclusions about shit you have no idea about.

The Cubs had one of the highest average attendances in the league in 2011, what are you talking about?

Illinois has 11 million people and the Cubs are the only team in the state. Of course there are a lot of fans from outside of Chicago, that doesn't make them bandwagoners. Are Red Sox fans from Foxborough bandwagoners?

all of these trip-dick riders
/mlb/ was a mistake

You're making us look bad you jackass.

>largest gathering of people in American history consists of Cubs fans celebrating their 2016 World Series Championship
okay bro, you jelly?

>largest gathering of flubbed data in human history
What a hilarious and desperate team.

This is some intense damage control. the Yankees and Red Sox have a much higher out of town fan rate than the Cubs, but don't rely on nearly 40% of their attendance being from tourism.
>trip-dick riding
>not just hating on retarded Cubs fans.

Turn on your trip TY. I know you're embarrassed, but damn, at least have the nerve to expose your dumb ass haha.

I'm not even TY. You're just an idiot.

>Only one person on this board thinks you're retarded
lol

Can someone explain to me why cubs fans are always about
>muh ttendance
?

It seems everything they do or talk about is always about attendance or rally or gathering of people. What's wrong with them?

>6 miles of block-to-block people
>flubbed data
I love how much butthurt the Cubs are causing this year. This is something I can easily get used to.

>h-h-ha h-h-ha i-i-i g-g-got you!
this is your only rebuttal? Admit you're wrong spic.

>using flubbed data to argue against the existence of flubbed data
Just stop trying man, it's becoming a little sad.

no one that attends their games are real fans, mostly just tourists looking to take in a game of """""""""""""""baseball"""""""""""""""". One of the most sterile homefields in all of sports but the club thinks it is a big club because of the attendance

probably because people like to claim Cubs fans are bandwagoners, and the best way to rebut this is by showing them data of attendance during their worst seasons, and pointing them to the place where they can check other years, to see that the trend is consistent.

Are you new?

It's traditionally been their way of mocking White Sox fans. Even in the White Sox's world series season, the Cubs were getting 10,000 more fans per game. But now that the Cubs are actually winning things again, it seems bizarre and petty rather than a desperate attempt for a shitty fanbase to have something to be proud of.

>Can't form good argument
>Accuses others of being new

not an argument. Either post evidence that isn't a White Sox fan blog, or kys.
feelings/hunches aren't facts

You're the one that can't handle the fact that 37% of the Cubs attendance during down years was from tourism

not even remotely close to an argument. Try something other than ad hominem and maybe you won't look foolish.

It just shows how insecure they are, even during a championship reign, they harp on attendance numbers and more confusingly continue to attack whos fans for some reason probably because they're very insecure.

Little puto, can you not read? Go scroll up.

How do you know they're tourists? And I'm sure the stadium of every relevant team in a major city is full of non-baseball fan. Yankee Stadium, Fenway, whatever those monstrosities in SF and LA are called....

>BREAKING NEWS: The biggest draw for the Chicago Cubs will always be Wrigley Field. I know this. You know this. The Cubs know this. The seagulls know this.
>The Cubs could field a modern-day equivalent to Murderers' Row and 37 percent of the crowd wouldn't be able to name three players on the field without a scorecard, iPhone app and George Will whispering in their ear.
>I say 37 percent because that's the magic number for the Cubs. According to the Cubs' marketing studies, that chunk of their crowd is from out of state, mostly tourists. The Cubs were averaging 36,853 fans heading into Friday's game, so that's a pretty big chunk of out-of-state fans.
espn.com/chicago/mlb/columns/story?id=6794275&columnist=greenberg_jon

>White Sox fan blog
No one is bringing up the whos here except you. The thread before this wasn't even related to the white sox and you are bringing them up. How insecure can you be?

You sound like a whos fan. Enjoying the rebuild? How much do you want to bet Jerry Kikedorf won't trade off those prospects for a run at a Wild Card spot in 2020 when TV ratings and attendance drop precipitously to dangerous and unsustainable lows?

>Doesn't know ATT park and Dodger Stadium

Lifelong "Cubs" fans everyone

>Cubs tourism attendance stresses need to develop homegrown fans
chicagoist.com/2011/07/25/cubs_numbers_confirm_37_percent_of.php

cubs btfo

Wow, I had to read it to believe it.... That's pretty sad

Try Yankees fan who knows facts when they see it.

Thanks for proving my point by assuming I'm a whos fan and then attacking that.

Do the flubs have any other arguments at all?

The Cubs have always had a lot of out-of-state fans, though. Chicago is the biggest city in the midwest, Iowa/Indiana/Minnesota/Kentucky don't have teams, and Wisconsin might as well not have a team in any professional sport other than football because they're all Bulls/Cubs fans up there. The Cubs are as much the "Midwest Cubs" as they are "the Chicago Cubs". It's been that way for decades, thanks to WGN.

Think of it this way, would you dismiss Yankees fans from NJ and Connecticut as "tourists"?

>Here we see the pathetic Cubs fan who when cornered brings up M-MUH WHOS

i think chicago is majority hispanic now, if the cubs want to reach a new audience they should broadcast games in spanish and have spanish announcer at the field, just my opinion

>chicagoist.com/2011/07/25/cubs_numbers_confirm_37_percent_of.php

Why are you linking a five year old article?

>no Cubs fans from out of state
Okay, maybe if you read this one more time it'll sink in. There are tons of Cubs fans across the country. Being a Cubs fan is something you inherit from your grandfather/father. When you grow up and move out of state to get a job (something I'm sure, when you become an adult, you may have a shot at doing), you will still be a Cubs fan.

Also, Indiana and Iowa have no baseball teams. These states are Cubs territory. Arizona is also Cubs territory due to Sloan Field. There are plenty of other states which have large amounts of Cubs fans.

In fact, if you watch any Cubs away game, you will perhaps notice that ~40% of the crowd is wearing Cubbie blue.

>these mental gymnastics
Why is Shitcongo so insecure all the fucking time?

I'm a Yankees fan...sorry for not paying attention to whatever shitty corporate name those New York reject teams are using out west

>TY bringing his skankees buttbuddies to team up against the Cubs
Tripfags were a mistake.

>five year old
Five years in baseball time is not long at all and still very much worth talking about. You'd know that if you had been around baseball for more than exactly seven game.

And yes, Dodger stadium isn't a corporate name. Don't give a shit, they're NL teams on the West Coast so they're irrelevant to me.

Again, pointing to one article and repeating yourself isn't working. Also, yes you do have autism, and it's showing.