So, are you guys excited for Shin Godzilla?

So, are you guys excited for Shin Godzilla?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXNNAFwogP8
youtube.com/watch?v=IpgR-rEPcR8
youtube.com/watch?v=26TMY4sSgbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qMSaNRrdV8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes

SKREEONK IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR

Jesus, nice to see them make Godzilla into a legitimate apocalyptic threat again.

Makes the 2014 atomic breath look like absolute shit in comparison, and that was one of the few good parts of that movie.

What video game is this from?

Neon Genesis Battletoads

neon genocide endgame

ye

why would a giant lizard spit lazers
japanese are retarded

Jesus, that looks terrible.

Is there a way to watch it? Is it already released in any half decent quality?

No, but US release will be later this year (best case scenario)

it is absolute shit. enjoy 100 minutes of japanese people talking military strategy in a big room and maybe 5 minutes of kaiju action.

What was his fucking problem?

Too Hollywood

SHOOP
DA
WHOOP

04 to 07 looks crap, they should had cut that and should had done match cut to 08.

>he watches kaijukino for le ebin action scenes
How does it feel to be a manchild

we will, enjoy not seeing a good goji flick

Next thing you're going to tell me is that you don't even like G-Force

No, it looks retarded.

Eh, I like less of Godzilla being shown. He's not supposed to be some big action star and this movie does a really good job at portraying him as a force of nature.

That looked shit

Not that guy but obviously you're the manchildren for being THIS into japanese schlock flicks like this.

I mean even using terms like "goji", "heisei", "G-Force" or whatever just outs you as a massive, fat mouthbreather far too deep into a childish franchise to even come remotely close to produce an unbiased and nuanced opinion.

The fact that you can't let the man have his opinion and sperg out is worse.

The editing in that webm is terrible

he said enjoy, I said we will, what's the problem?

I love watching hipsters swarm these threads to say it looks better than 2014 Godzilla.

Sure, that one wasn't great, but this one in no way looks better.

Godzilla looks far, far worse.

>butthurt over g force
Is Moguera another trigger word?

He is an autist that can't understand the passion of some people for these movies.

Anyone know how much anno craziness there is in this? Its hard to scratch that Eva itch, so I'm excited for him to branch out

Yes, very.

>says this shit
>still complains about godzilla 2014

There was literally one post claiming it looked better than 2014 and that was in relation to the breath. In fact there are more people saying it looks bad. Get over your victim complex.

This is just embarrassing.

The gooks really need to accept that they can't make big budget movies, and move on.

How am I a victim in this?

It's more so in every single other thread about this, just check the archive. I don't even give a shit about Godzilla beyond this one looking god awful

it's literally KaijuKino

>you do know the footage is sped up in certain parts right?

Looks worse than 2014 Godzilla

Eh, no problem then I guess.

I don't even know what the fuck it is, and there you go again with "moguera".

Aren't there containment boards for you people?

Hahahahhaha oh wow, what you call "passion" I and everyone else remotely sane calls "autism". There's little worse than obsessives over franchises.

>I don't even give a shit about Godzilla
>It's more so in every single other thread about this, just check the archive.
Very interesting use of your time.

I forgot to mention that the main lizard guy is named Godzilla. I hope that doesn't offend you.

it's clearly a meme movie taylor made for reddit

at least have the courtesy to mix it up lad

That's a new eridium moster? I'm reloading my pimpernel. Wait a sec

How does that work for foreign films in america?

Do they just overlay it with subtitles or is it like the old chan films where they dubbed over the actors?

Newfag spotted.

Whatever helps you

how come he gets offended at people using terms used in the movies, whether for shortcuts or just being accurate?

would rather say "g-force" than the military organization used to fight godzilla

what's his problem?

>the last shot is him just spewing actual fire
so does he have two breath attacks or did they just fuck up

All these posts are mine.
These are all mine as well.

>2016
>japs still can't do decent CGI

By that criteria I guess you also hate 12 Angry Men and Dr. Strangelove.

Notice the lack of anything about:
> Acting
> Writing
> Score
> Editing
> Pacing

There is more to a monster film than showing the monster.

Literally this one is yours too.

Why are you so angry about it? Do you feel threatened? Do you have a fear of being perceived as a pleb?

Thanks for the (you), I usually don't get any

Two different moments. But he does have different forms of breath.

The problem with 2014's Godzilla was not the amount of screentime Godzilla got, but what that screentime actually consisted of. Likewise, the scenes without Godzilla weren't bad because Godzilla wasn't present, but because the human characters that weren't Cranston were cardboard cutouts and brainless OORAH military types.

I haven't seen this movie yet, but if the scenes where Godzilla is on screen actually make good use of him and the scenes where he isn't onscreen are actually interesting and keep me invested in the plot, then I'll be content.

The action in this movie is godly, and unlike G14, it isn't just tease and fog, you will like it.

That's some shit cgi and very underwhelming compared to 2014

wait did this already release?
Is it gonna get a theatrical release on NA?
where can I watch it?

Those are some big-ass flowers I suppose. Also, was the scene from 0:03-0:07 because it looks pretty bad.

wow this looks terrible, is he fucking CGI?

Comes out in Taiwan today so camrips will show up soon

Unlike Godzilla 2014, Godzilla actually drives the narrative. He ignites the plot and almost everything that happens is a reaction to him. Supposedly the pacing, acting, and editing keeps the scenes without Godzilla interesting and Godzilla himself comes across as genuinely disturbing. The first half has been described as a black comedy, addressing 3/11 (Fukushima) and failures of government and the second half is more serious.

Funimation will release it theatrically (limited) in the Americas later this year.

Remember that Hollywood films have much more money devoted to them and that Godzilla was hidden behind darkness in G14 most of the time.

>we want the weab audience

youtube.com/watch?v=iXNNAFwogP8

I don't know how people can say left looks better than right in this thread. You may not like the new design but the CGI looks far more solid in the right, left looks like a cartoon when it is out of the fog.

*Was the scene CGI?

>the CGI looks far more solid in the right,
thats just different textures. left has shiny, wet, lizard scales. right it matte carbonized burnt flesh

FUCK YEAH I AM

Come to America faster please!

I mean is this the CGI they're actually going with? Because Gamera 3: The Revenge of ISIS looked way better and that came out way back in 1999 youtube.com/watch?v=IpgR-rEPcR8

It really doesn't, Gamera is trash.

> Gamera 3: The Revenge of ISIS
Predictive programming?

Heisei Gamera is better than any of the Heisei Godzilla films besides Biollante.

Nothing Gamera is better than anything Godzilla m8

Come on, user. Let's be real. Quality-wise Heisei Godzilla was overall meh. Kaneko's Gamera films were pretty based. I say this as a Godzilla fan.

>Godzilla's Revenge is better than Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris
okay.

It will more than likely be subtitled. Funimation is distributing the film for a very limited N. American release.

I haven't seen a new film dubbed to english in a long time. But yes, the awful classic dubs of godzilla movies was always part of their charm.

The first several dubs were legitimately good. Anything after Hedorah (besides G84 and G2000) was dubbed in Hong Kong and boy does it show.

Good Heisei movies:
>Return of Godzilla
>Godzilla vs Biollante
>Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
>Godzilla vs Destroyah
Bad/Decent Heisei entries:
>Godzilla vs Mothra
>Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II
>Godzilla vs Space Godzilla
Yeah. Gamera only had 3 heisei movies but all of them were pretty kick-ass.

Okay, I may have come too far in a few places but still Kaneko's trilogy is too trippy for me, if we are going to compare Heisei I prefer Godzilla, unless it is Mothra and Spacegodzilla, then Kaneko is better.

>The first several dubs were legitimately good.
I don't know user, '54 has plenty of bad lip syncing, and the American release has American Reporter Man hilariously crammed in between scenes.

But really, the true test of how godzilla movie this new godzilla movie is... Does it have an overhead shot with a squad of nip soldiers firing their guns, and that one fucking officer wildly firing his sidearm at the building smashing nuclear powered monster?

youtube.com/watch?v=26TMY4sSgbs

>Supposedly the pacing, acting, and editing keeps the scenes without Godzilla interesting
Having gone to see it, I can say that this isn't really the case. A common complaint, which I agree with, is that all of the political scenes are convoluted and a little boring.

Keep in mind that Godzilla 2014 got a like of praise here too, and by here, I mean Japan.

>That Love Theme
Also.
youtube.com/watch?v=qMSaNRrdV8s
One of the best fight scenes out of the entire Heisei era along with the best fight theme.

Funimation is releasing it in the fall.

I don't understand the hate for King of the Monsters. It's actually quite faithful to Gojira and the editing/dubbing is impressive.

I consider Return of Godzilla and Godzilla vs Destoroyah to be meh. Godzilla vs King Ghidorah is ironically good. Biollante is the best thing the Heisei Era has to offer. Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II is okay.. but everything else is bad.

Really? It's doing great business and is on track to become of the more successful Japanese Godzilla films. Most of the reviews I saw were positive, even towards the human drama. And since most of the film consists of the human characters, I doubt it has been this successful without pulling people in with the cast.

>tfw godzilla does the victory dance
Every. Time.

>Really? It's doing great business and is on track to become of the more successful Japanese Godzilla films.
Like I said, the 2014 film was really successful and praised here too, so that doesn't really mean much. The biggest complaint about 2014 here was that Godzilla was in America, and not Japan.

I don't know user. I didn't mean to imply that I hate it. Kind of the opposite. All I really meant is that the poorly synched dubs were part of the fun of godzilla movies that I grew up with as a kid in the states.

Also an appreciation for how much better the whole dubbing industry, and treatment of international releases, has come.

apart from however the story is put together, this is far and away the absolute WORST design for the beloved kaiju since murderman broderick danced around with leon and hank azaria, looking for a giant, irradiated iguana. this shit looks AWFUL.

> Monster Zero, Hedorah, Gigan can be skipped or only considered
> Final Wars highly recommended and Megalon should be considered
Into the trash

Was it really poorly synced? I don't remember that at all. At worst there was a brief moment when the accent of two characters changed. Maybe you're mixing it up with later dubs?

Was the Japanese reception Godzilla '14 all that great? It's resting well outside of the list of most attended Godzilla films (adjusted for inflation). And a few reviews called Shin Godzilla as masterpiece.

It looks fine. Shin Gojira is designed to look like a radiation burn victim. He still looks like Godzilla

Japan liked it a lot. The "fatzilla" comments came from 2ch.

Yep

if you think that tail is acceptable, then your judgement is not to be trusted. sorry mate, that shit is laughable.

>That shit is laughable

What did he mean by this?

>when his height is less than 100m
Godzillalets, when will they ever learn?

>Was the Japanese reception Godzilla '14 all that great? It's resting well outside of the list of most attended Godzilla films (adjusted for inflation).
Yes. Like I said the main complaint was that it wasn't in Japan, so of course the new one is going to get rave reviews.

Oh, I was judging it based on admissions. It had the advantage of being the first Godzilla film in a decade and being a Hollywood production, yet it only did slightly better business than the best performing Millennium film (GMK). Shin Godzilla is expected to reach top ten best attended Godzilla films.