Netflix Presents Baz Luhrmann's The Get Down

So do we like it?

im half an hour into the first episode, sofar its been great, although I do have a soft spot for hip hop. I like jaden smith more than most people but holy shit he is such a bad actor.

Saw the first episode last night, really enjoy the whole heroes journey thing in this setting, acting is kind of cheesy sometimes though

Of course I like it, the ammount of BBC is yummmmm!

>80s revival series
>now blacksplotation series

what the fuck netflix
are we going to keep going back and end up with black face actors telling us about how dumb nig nogs are?

>show about birth of hip hop
hurr durr why are their black actors

Blacks didn't invent hip hop.

Just finished it.

Really enjoyed it.

Would like more on the origin of DJ techniques and the 3 kingdoms but really good

The warlords part in the beginning gave me a huge Warriors vibe. I like this so far

Any idea when the next six episodes are coming?

said 2017 at the end of ep 6

It's getting very mixed reviews but I'll check it out later

It's pretty shocking that we have so many movies and shows going on about 70s rock while hip-hop is only a few years younger and has next to nothing as far as period pieces.

K dude, sorta sucks but its not that bad

Hip hops my favourite genre and its really annoying about the lack if TV/movies/books about hiphop. Check out the atcq doc though.

How can hip hop be real if our ears aren't real?

Oh I'm not really into hip-hop, I just hate classic rock and the worship it gets in media.

Didn't this show cost like $100 million?

>Jaden pose
Really makes me think

That's insane, I mean its really high quality but I don't see how it could Cost that much

Yeah, Baz went ridiculously over budget and behind schedule. That's why it's being released in two parts instead of the whole season at once.

I feel you, I was talking to my friend the last day about what we think is best album of all time, I said black saint and the sinner Lady and talked about its influence, how well put together it is, and how it captures the feeling of anxiety perfectly, and then he interrupts me and says "its appetite for destruction". I ended the conversation pretty quickly after that.

That's ridiculous, where did he put it?

How fucking gay is it?
knowing Luhrman it's probably pink level gay

Rock is

1.) Good

2.) Actually music

>guns n roses
eww

It's one of his less gay productions. Still far less heterosexual than it would have been in someone else's hands though.