Why is Sup Forums so determined to defend this piece of shit...

Why is Sup Forums so determined to defend this piece of shit? If you have even a basic understanding of filmmaking and screenwriting on a purely fundamental level you'd see how this film is utter trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ePoxmPMwJNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DC fans are like battered housewife, they keep coming back for more.

Look at how the movie is defended
These are Sup Forums and Sup Forums posters not Sup Forums locals

>Being this triggered

Go get an enema so Jamal doesn't get shit-dick tonight, four-eyes.

I liked it. If you can't see this is just a solid good time, go fuck yourself.

Get a life cuck

Cry more cuck

Men who spend their majority of time consuming media are disgruntled and voiceless, to them this is THEIR MOVIE to make a stand against the current status-quo of political correctness and feminism, since to them; the movie [Suicide Squad] is largely that.

THAT'S why they defend it, that's why they fight. I wouldn't be surprised if the average crusader for SS hasn't even seen the film, just know that it's very anti-woman and anti-political correctness.

I hate to say it, but this is nothing more than a basement dwellers fight to try to regain control over media and empowered women.

It was ruined in the editing room.

Home release will be the real version.

T H I S
H
I
S

There isn't one fucking thing anti-woman about this movie. The fact that you think there is just illustrates your degree of indoctrination.

It's not too late for you.

/thread

It isn't even about good films or bad films anymore, shut-in Sup Forums losers are just looking for a vehicle to drive their anti-sjw hate, and they found that in Suicide Squad.

> LGBT hero female villain
>Black female running the whole suicide squad
>Poster girl female crazy squad member
>Jap female thrown in for the weebs

>THE FILM IS "ANTI-WOMEN"

Do you cucks even know what you are saying anymore or do you throw together sentences filled with buzzwords hoping everyone blindly agrees with you and doesn't call you out on your bullshit?

This is why you are losing your little 'culture war'

It's not men
It's not Sup Forums
It's not Sup Forums
It's not reddit

Society as a whole has had enough of listening to you and your chat utter shite and it's not just once or twice you have to turn everything into a discussion about your buzzwords and shit and for what reason? Who gave you all this unwarranted self importance?

Well society was polite, they listened even adopted some of your ideas, now they've started to reject you, you can either take it on the chin and humble yourselves or keep screaming and chatting shit about how important your progressive ideas are until society kicks you out as another failed movement in history.

Fucking. On. Point.

Rock on, brother.

lmao, get a load of this cuck

It was a decent movie. 7/10. That's enough to have some fun. It's not as good as Man of Steel or Dawn of Justice, but it's got some good scenes.

People are wondering why there is such a disagreement between film critics and fans. The answer is actually pretty simple, film critics showed up to this movie to see a film, not validate their obsession with a fucking action figure.

>hella fucking epic: the post
I'm embarrassed for everyone in this thread. But you most of all.

I remember that meme. Truth is, film critics wanted to hate it before seeing it because it ain't mahvul.

Because most people on Sup Forums don't have a basic grasp on screenwriting or filmmaking.

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky anti hero movie lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

Jesus you're beyond pathetic.

You should try that in a crowded movie theater. That would be funny.

Because feminists colluded with cuckolded media to try to destroy it based on conception alone.
>waaaaah Harley is dressed proactively
>waaaaah guns are scary and make me feel nauseous
>waaaah, the movie has cis white males in it
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Saying DCU movies are good here on Sup Forums is a meme.

I thought everybody knew this by now

This

Good quip marveldrone

Just watched it today. Its an ok fun movie, could've been better but it was worth the money I guess. Shouldn't be related to the DC stories though.

There are some really good things about it, but it's clearly been the victim of an aggressive studio rejigging. I'm sure Ayer's original movie was completely different - the continuity of the first half was all over the fucking place, some of the characters were almost entirely unused (e.g. Katana), the pop song scenes were obviously not filmed with those songs in mind, and there are scenes from the trailers which don't appear in the movie.

Youre free to go if you dont like what you see user

If there were a more violent/visceral edit with better continuity (most likely achieved by reinstating deleted scenes and putting them in their original order), then aside from Leto's stink-bomb Joker performance it would be a solid 8/10 flick.

yeah the start of the movie got me all hyped but then it went to shit as it progressed

was it directed by 2 parties or what? idk anything about it

There are lots of rumours that WB went into panic mode after BvS and pulled rank on Ayer in order to completely shift the movie's tone.

If you recall, the first trailer (the one with "I started a joke") was tonally quite dark, but all the trailers that came out after BS's reception made it seem like the movie was Scott Pilgrim or something.

God I hate will smith

You're a meme.

I love Batman V Superman, but Suicide Squad is shit. Not gonna defend it.

It was edited by a company that edited the trailer. That's why there was a cut every 1.5 seconds and another pop song every 30 seconds. The whole movie was just a trailer for a better movie.

Audiences' unquestioning acceptance of the minority and LGBT actors in this movie is proof that the SJW rhetoric that there is a massive sinister cabal of men on the Internet who hate positive diversity is complete bullshit.

If nothing else, Suicide Squad has succeeded in proving that all you have to do to get people to accept diversity is not be a cunt about it.

Margot robbie in booty shorts

You're one of those dead hoes

Because SJWs are attacking it because the internet overwhelmingly hated Ghostbusters.

This is how leftists act.

>Loved Batman v Superman
>Thinks Suicide Squad was bad

>people defend movies they like

shocker

DC fans should officially retire this because suicide squad proves they're not above horrible, terrible quips once and for all

>suicide Squad
>Quips

you mean one liners?

You're right about it not being anti women necessarily but you did just prove his point

The only thing that pissed me off about the movie is that I felt at all times that there was a better movie buried under all the thrash

I would have much rather have seen a Batman vs. Joker and Harley Quinn story (from Harley Quinn's point of view) than the convoluted, disjointed clusterfuck we got.

Whatever, the end result is that it comes out fucking retarded and proves that DC isn't just not above doing stupid one liners and quips but also that they're desperate enough to try and ape what marvel does or what deadpool did as far as comedic style goes. The real funny thing is that when people defend DC it's usually on the grounds that it's more artistic and lead by an auteur, and suicide squad shows beyond a fucking doubt that they do not give a fuck about the vision of their movies, just appealing to focus groups and throwing in what's popular wherever it fits

You know that it was by a different director right?

Yes but it still shows they do it, they just probably let snyder do his thing more because his wife is a producer. BvS felt like studio executives were fucking around with it too, just not to the extent of this where it actually made the movie nearly unwatchable. I've heard DC fans try and defend warner bros as a studio that let's directors direct and this just makes DC fans who say that look like retards

Have a sad cum user.

No, I think it's more of an audience uprisinging against critics who are clearly out of touch with what the public wants to see.

70% audience score vs 25% critical score is a pretty stark difference, user.

I think you're an idiot.

Except you're using terms to insult the film's objective value as film.

>muh filmmaking
>muh screenwriting

Okay, Ebert, show me objective errors in screenwriting and filmmaking. Pro tip: you can't. Because you're not talented, not intelligent, and you barely have the grasp of your emotions to convey your negative feelings towards this movie in a way that can be measured. Because you're either a dumb woman or a depressed nu-male. You sound like a cuck who never made it in the film industry yet is still delusional enough to believe that he should have made it. Is that you?

I don't think it is. I think this is your first, feeble attempt to make commentary on a film you didn't understand. It was not written for you and that makes you mad. And you still saw it because you're a cuck. You were probably dragged to it. How sad. Yeah?

Not him but you see this movie as a victory of some sort?

This is bait

And this is a retard who fell for it.

Pretty much this, It's the only way I can see people actually defending this film.

>70% audience score vs 25% critical score is a pretty stark difference, user.
what are:
>duplicate accounts
>people spamming on forums to literally upvote the film because it's "ANTI-SJW"

seriously kys

If the film isn't anti sjw why are SJW buttblasted by it?

Wrong pic user, you meant to post BvS

>I have no idea how to dismiss your valid argument so I'll just call it bait.
Kek. Mother feed you dinner yet?

Error in screenwriting; dedicating 10 minutes of screen time to a character that has literally no point in the story.

Error in filmmaking;
Using 5 of some of the most used pop songs in movie history within the first 15 minutes of your film.

Yeah I'm sure that those people are enough to counteract all the haters who downvote every DC movie. You really going to claim DC has more fans than their competitors?

This is hilarious.

Can you explain why these are errors?

On a purely fundamental level, eat a dick. I liked it.

this
and this

The movie was a fucking nightmare in a lot of regards, like painfully so. I groaned at the 6th pop song they played.

But even so it was an entertaining, enjoyable capeshit movie about baddies fucking around

also they shoulve made diablo not look retarded when he evolved

the movie is a complete disaster from start to finish with very little to recommend

easily the best Capeshit flick of the summer. Truly encapsulates the comic book medium

Solid 8/10 Summer Fun Flick

>Fun
Hello imdb drone

It had some problems, yeah, but it has far more positives than negatives. That should translate to fresh reviews, since at the very least it should be a 6.5. It's not unwatchable garbage.

This is what the kino meme does to your brain.

I'd like to be a super genius like Jimmy Neutron. Sign me up.

For screen writing it's because that's time that could be used to strengthen other characters or build tension elsewhere that would help escalate the plot. It's ends up being a waste of time and it's only purpose is so that they can say the Joker is in it and put asses in seats.

As far as using 5 songs everyone's heard in movies before, it ends up being cliche and on the nose and comes off as cheap and desperate for people to like it. It felt like pandering. But maybe I'm crazy and people seriously liked hearing "now that's what I call music: movie edition!" Over the most basic character reveals ever

"fun" is the only metric to which to measure Summer Blockbuster flicks TBQH.

Suicide Squad> Civil War> BvS> Xmen>>>>>Memepool

DC movies are lead by auteurs. It's just that WB executives fuck the end product in the ass.

Civil War > Deadpool > X-Men > SS >>> Dogshit >>> BvS

t. numale pleb
xmen was the only good capeshit flick released this year

>errors in filmmaking

youtube.com/watch?v=ePoxmPMwJNQ

Horrible list
Closer to mine
Civil War >>>>> Deadpool > [POWER GAP] > X-Men > BvS >>>> Sooside Skwad

This post makes no goddamn sense

>daily threads defending bvs
>daily threads defending the Star Wars prequels
Are you really surprised?

That makes sense. Thanks buddy. I actually wasn't sure who you were referring to at first. I feel like Joker's subplot ties into Harley's characterization though, doesn't it?

I just thought it was fucking boring

I enjoyed some of the film like the flaming cholo and ike barenholtz (him in the tiger shirt was the funniest part of the whole thing) but every time that caveman playing June Moon was shown I had to close my eyes. So uncomfortable on the big screen. At least when she was enchantress early on her face was all dark and hidden, when she was half naked with the headdress at the end I seriously almost left the theater I felt so nauseous. Also why has no one in any thread mentioned that hopper from stranger things was in it?

I saw this last night. Kong skull island looks great.

I'd say it does but it doesn't feel like it adds up to anything, he just tries to save her and fails, and it doesn't really seem to affect her the rest of the film. They kind of try and set up like an abusive relationship thing but it's all glanced over so quickly you never really get why she fell for him other than it needed to happen so the movie could be made. A psychiatrist assigned to arkham asylum would probably be professional enough to not start a relationship with an inmate, especially the joker. Now it's perfectly fine to have that happen but the fact that it's hard to believe means you have to give a convincing reason as to why it happens so that we can understand the situation as the audience and ultimately makes us connect with her and care about her more. Instead they just had a flashback scene where they had a meeting where you literally don't know what they say to each other and a scene where joker electrocutes her brain. And then later in the movie you jump to her saying she'd die for him, it left me saying "wait why? He didn't do anything". So the fact that it doesn't add to the main plot and very thinly to Harleys it gave me the impression of being useless.

As a DC fan, I came to that realization years ago.

I just don't know how to quit you.

That's exactly why saying DC is better than marvel is stupid

Well, that's women for you. Seems pretty realistic to me, considering all those women who find serial killers hot.

In all seriousness though, comic book movies sometimes gloss over these things because they expect people to have extra knowledge on characters, which leads to this kind of stuff. There is a necessity to show developments even in characters which are universally known because by virtue of being in a movie these characters become different. That's one reason why I was annoyed that people didn't like Batman's origin being shown in BvS. New version of the character means they have to re-do the origin, even if everyone knows it. People would complain either way.

It's so fucking true. I can see the good movie inside of the version they released. There was an amazing fucking movie in there. but then Warner Brothers gets drunk and gives it a black eye, and I have to forgive them because they're all I have

I agree and honestly I think it's fine that they don't touch on backstories and whatnot, I just think suicide squad just completely botched the small character development they needed to do. It felt too rushed and sloppy, like they took advantage of the fact that Harley quinn is well known and they didn't need to develop her past the role of "jokers girlfriend". I honestly wouldn't have minded them skipping batman's origin, although I do appreciate the effort

This

>a solid good time
Then go watch an objectively better movie like Mad Max: Fury Road

>Implying he, or anyone who shares his opinions are 'crying'
Can you find a better counter argument besides this elementary reply? OP stated that if you knew anything about filmmaking then you would see that it sucks. Now, at least that resembles an actual argument.

>defending a movie series full of feminism and political correctness as a means of combating feminism and political correctness

So DC Fans are just retarded?

where did she get the phone?

Why would critics care about Marvel?

I have no idea, but they do. Film critics shouldn't be engaged in company wars, yet they do it all the time. What's up with that?