Tfw you realize you absolutely hate drums

>tfw you realize you absolutely hate drums
Music for this feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rilnnPrwsTo
youtube.com/watch?v=rLIE2OMumaI
youtube.com/watch?v=AAKFjnvPHTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't relate. Drums are my favorite instrument. That's why I can't get into techno or hip-hop. The beats are too simple and repetitive.

drone

if you don't like drums you aren't human

leave reptilian

I only hate it because all I get is extremely repetitive riffs with heavy focus on drums when I'm looking for instrumental guitar music.

Hmmmm that was a nice kick, I wonder what's around the corner? Oh, it's a snare? What fucking surprise. Yawn.

Drummers who don't utilize their toms and cymbals are doing it wrong.

I love good drums, but most music in the world has shit drums. Often I wish certain songs and albums had no drums whatsoever.

a barre chord... i wonder what he's going to play next... another barre chord? what a surprise yawn

a soft synth... i wonder what they're going to play next... a lead synth? what a surprise yawn

they're singing quietly... i wonder what they're going to sing next... they're singing loudly?what a surprise yawn

I guess you're listening to classical then. Or folk.

wonder why they call him Beathoven?

lol someone doesn't understand what makes percussion interesting

electronic music tends to be much denser rhythmically than most other genres of music. Also, both hip hop and electronic music can use a much more diverse library of sounds to create percussion than a physical drum set.

the music that happens when you take a gun and kill yourself

drums are the foundation pleb

Drummer here

Drums are dope. Drum dolos are nope

solo*

youtube.com/watch?v=rilnnPrwsTo

>i need tension and release to enjoy music
kys

youtube.com/watch?v=rLIE2OMumaI

>cymbals
A E S T H E T I C S

i like drums when they are low in the mix, that applies to both guitar and electronic music

I like drums when the drummer is taking the rhythm and doing something with it and not just blandly keeping the tempo or trying to have a solo.
youtube.com/watch?v=AAKFjnvPHTA

This. Bass established tempo in a way that locks in with the rhythm that the drums guide. Both should have variation but ultimately the bass needs to be the most constant time piece in the band.

>I only hate it because all I get is extremely repetitive riffs with heavy focus on drums when I'm looking for instrumental guitar music.
Listen to instrumental guitar music then? What's the point of this thread?

don't exist

wtf dude, i'm a drummer and love both techno and hip hop. other drummers i know do too. let me guess, you think "complex" music is better

Listening to nothing but drone gets repetitive after a little while user.

>calls himself a fan of music
>hates drums

There's something wrong with you. Or, more likely, you just hate commonly used drum patterns.

Do you have a pulse?

are you sure

No but it's all noodling.

I was actually wondering this. I don't hate drums but I have wondered why I can't make a good rhythm I'm fine with.
>inb4 you're not good
And I think the answer is because drums are just a quick sound. Too quick to do anything out of the ordinary with it. You can tap a guitar string and it goes for a while and you can mess with it to do some good rhythms.

2edgy4me