King crimson on spotify

open.spotify.com/album/0ga8Q4tTXaFf9q3LvT8hrC

wtf. how did fripp allow this? is the rest of their stuff going to go up sometime?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can someone explain to me this Robert Fripp Spotify/pirating meme?

Just checked, it's on Google play also. Is Fripp coming into the 21st century?

fripp is notorious for hating any form of digital distribution of his music. he has refused to keep any of it on youtube (although his official youtube channel uploads a select few songs these days), forced last.fm to remove all of his album covers from the website, kept it all off of streaming platforms, and i believe didnt even put it on itunes until not too long ago. this is a pretty big step to having easier access to his music.

I feel like he said something about the music of King Crimson isn't made for entertainment and thus shouldn't be a part of the digital market and such. I could be wrong though as I am more a fan of the tunes and Fripp's playing than his autistic fits.

I can totally see Fripp halting the performance to yell at the audience to "stop enjoying the music"

I think it was more like an academic thing but Fripp telling the people in the general admission area to sit down and not be distracting is a great mental image.

High key never listened to KC but this shit is straight flame. Hype af to blaze it and show the homies once he uploads the rest of his discog

You bought my music, right user?

maybe

Haha yeah totally mr fripp I did *not* download this album from an online source and burn it to this CD

No

I beg your pardon?

I downloaded it

Maybe if you repressed anything but ITCOTCK

Album art on last.fm when, Robert?

It's on apple music but missing the songs easy money and suitable grounds , but it's complete on deezer .

interesting. I doubt the main kc albums will ever end up on streaming, but you never know

for most of his career record labels really fucked him over. now that he has the rights to all of his music, he actually wants to make money from it, which I think is fair enough.

he has said some pretentious things about it not being disposable entertainment or whatever, but in fairness, it's some of the most essential rock music that has been recorded, it's reasonable to not just give it away

Won't be properly on until more albums are up there. There are other holdouts, like Peter Gabriel.

artists that don't allow their music to be streamed are living in denial. Studio albums are for marketing, concerts and gigs are for making money.

which is probably why fripp has said he'll never release another studio album and you have to see king crimson live if you want to keep up with them

Where do you guys find these moe as fuck Fripp pictures?

looks like one of their live albums is up

I hope this isn't old news, I only saw their heroes cover up there yesterday

>Isn't made for entertainment

But I like to groove and dance to it?

it's also on tidal

I thought they were coming out with a new record this year??

was that not the heroes cover ep?