/180/: 2017 WILLIAM HILL WORLD DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 3

The first double session of the Worlds is today, and in the evening we will see World Number 1 and outright favourite for the title Michael van Gerwen start his campaign.

The afternoon session kicks off with what promises to be a terrible if hilarious preliminary match between Malaysia's Tengku Shah and Japan's Masumi Chino. What could be major final choker's Terry Jenkins last PDC match is next up as he plays Kent youngster Josh Payne. The Bull has hinted he is going to retire in the next few months and a first round exit for the first time since 2014 would surely seal it. A titanic battle follows between two people you would keep your kids away from in Scotland's John Henderson and disgusting nonce Andrew Gilding; Goldfinger has never capitalised on his incredible 2015 UK Open performance and this match looks like it could be very tight as both creatures have been underwhelming this year. Inconsistency's Benito van de Pas will play the winner of the prelim game; unlike his recent TV matches, he shouldn't choke here.

The evening sees Canadian debutant Ross Snook play Finland's Kim Viljanen in the preliminary round, so expect 80 averages here as well. The first round then resumes as Spain's #32 seed Cristo Reyes faces Belgium's dancin' Dimitri Van den Bergh. The Canary Islander has displayed a total lack of finishing ability recently so this could be the opening for the youthful Belgian to advance to the last 32 for the second year in a row. 2014 Lakeside winner Stephen Bunting battles angry shortarse Darren Webster, whose hilarious first TV semifinal at the Players Championship Finals saw him go 6-0 up on MVG and then completely collapse - another one of those implosions against an out-of-form Bunt would be a good thing. The Green Machine will then completely obliterate the prelim winner because let's face it: neither of those two will scare him like Rene "THE CUBE" Eidams did last year.... right?

Coverage starts at 1:00pm UK time on Sky Sports Darts (SS3).

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/article/4oy2s1uvi5ef14frjxmktjmn5/title/william-hill-world-championship-day-two
pastebin.com/Xn1neXVN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Today’s matches (1:00pm start, preliminary round: best of 3 sets, first round: best of 5 sets)
Tengku "Owais" Shah v Masumi "Are you actually a man?" Chino (P)
Terry "Oh bullocks" Jenkins (18) v Josh "Window" Payne
John "This is a 10 in Scotland" Henderson (31) v Andrew "Deadly on the 8s" Gilding
Benito van de Pas "the Dutchie on the left hand side" (15) v Shah/Chino

>Tonight's matches (7:00pm start, preliminary round: best of 3 sets, first round: best of 5 sets)
Ross "IF YA SMELL WHAT THE" Snook "IS COOKING" v Kim "Scandijobber" Viljanen (P)
Cristo "Tennereefy" Reyes (32) v Dimitri "Twink" Van den Bergh
BUNT MAN (16) v Darren "Demolition Midget" Webster
MvGOAuTism (1) v Snook/Viljanen

>Day 2 roundup
pdc.tv/news/article/4oy2s1uvi5ef14frjxmktjmn5/title/william-hill-world-championship-day-two

>New to /180/? Have our starter pack so you can get in on the action!
pastebin.com/Xn1neXVN

comfy double session

>Andrew "Deadly on the 8s" Gilding
Must... avoid... thinking...

HAHA TIME FOR /180/

>Andrew "Deadly on the 8s" Gilding

Getting ready for that comfy Hendo throwing action.

Mfw it's Hendo time!

Glory glory glory Gary Henderson!

And we're on now!

Ron Meulenkamp is a disgusting pig

>Flash Dudbridge on
well this is huh wow

wew dat 156

This will be fun

NANANANANANANANANA

Chino is definitely pre-op.

>it's a Frank Verhoeven episode
kill me

S H A H
H
A
H

>D12
>Hits fat 9

LEL

As expected of Far Eastern nobodies.

Good throwing actions though.

>this finishing already

>Those two Trumps building the wall

japan btfo

>Japanese ladyboys

S H A H

CANT STUMP THE SHAH

Baz will have to discover one decent darts player from East Asia at one point, surely?

>filename

my sides

Royden Lam's OK. So is Scott McKenzie... if he isn't thinking that the stage is made of aliens.

That young Chinese lad in the World Cup earlier this year was pretty good.

DAT 106

Not a bad match this.

big finish

DAT 117

DAT 117
ABSOLUTE KINO

>two 100+ finishes from a prelim player

Whitlock won't get past round two because autism :(

>Chi-ohno

I remembered wrong it's round 3

Whitlock wouldn't play MVG until round 3.

Might be knocked out by BUNT before then.

Crucial 101 from Shah.

DAT 101

Better match than expected

>Billy Hill put Tengku Shah at 4000/1

Based Shah. Fuck you, Khomeini.

SHAMEFUR

Nice little warm-up match there. He'll get cunt-punched by Benny later though.

Yeah i didnt quite get why he was 1000 more on to win than all the other prelim no hopers

he has to face Benito next

>stream shits the bed during the match
>absolutely fine during the ad break and pundit waffle

Can only think it was because he's from a country that's had terrible players in the past and they were expecting more of the same.

Qiang Sun should have been the 4000/1.

Also laughing at Cadby being a lower price (150) than Thorn and Bunt (both 200)

>that Jenks montage

Like Samson's locks, Bully lost his powers when he removed the 'tache and collapsed from 'trophy choker' to 'full time jobber'.

WOOLY BULLY

Cadby's the future, get used to it.

Why was there a Jude! sign?

>that UK Open a couple of years back where he beat MVG in the semi and then bent over for Lewis in the final

Yeah I noticed Cadby had fairly short odds for a first time 21 yr old. I think his performance at the Yoof WC had some pour a bit of money on him. And tbf he did look like a real prospect in that game.

Jenkins with that thousand yard "I want to kill myself" stare.

True, he did look great against Van Peer. Don't forget him beating Taylor in the World Series in Australia for the first time.

>get used to it.
No!

Oh yeah I forgot about that lol.

>Feel

That unconventional 106!

Great match so far.

Do they stream this in 4K somewhere?
Can't wait to watch the magnificent faces of Hendo and Gilding on my ultraHD TV

choke jenkins

>torry jonkons
[retirement intensifies]

>Jonks

lel that bounceout

>jonkins

Is this Mark Dudbridge on comms?

It is indeed Flash himself.

>Jenkins nearly choking again
Just give up and get in a motor home with Pie Man, touring the country and playing exbos.

These prelims and first round matches so far have been an absolute shitshow. Fucking state of darts right now t b h

I know everyone hates the BDO, but honestly I'd rather have watched any of their "name players" play each other than some of the zero personality jobbers we have seen so far

>inb4 go 2 bed Wolfie or some other meme

>tfw I'd unironically rather watch Doggy Dawson vs Wolfie than any of todays matches

The prelims were better than expected, especially today's.

It's shite like Jamie Lewis v Mick McGowan and Mark fucking Frost giggling his way to a defeat that needs to get lost.

>100-139 scores: Jenkins 22, Payne 7
Christ.

This, especially Frosty was annoying yesterday. It's okay having fun on the stage, but it's not okay to fool around the whole game. Imagine he'd done that with someone else who actually gives a shit.

NINE NINE NINE NINE NINE

>9 dart attempt
>first dart
>T5
Bravo, Josh.

DAT 140

GET IN THEIR BULLY

>The Payne of hitting T5 while on a 9-darter
>and losing the leg because:
DAT 140

DAT 140

OOF

DAT 121

BULLY BULLY

DAT 121

Have they changed the dart board this year or something? Looks different

Terry turning back the years in this set.
Payne getting completely outplayed.

A new Eclipse HD2 was released earlier this year.

...and suddenly it's 2-2 in legs

the numbers and outer ring look different, guess that's what they changed?

Jenkins is gonna lose the set wtf how

>that choke on 84

Yeah. Numbers aren't fixed to the wire now so you can clip them on and off if needs be.

>pain

>Jonks starts playing good
>It's over

These Ajax-PSV commercials are cancer

and the ring outside the numbers is now black as opposed to the metallic silver or white

looks kinda weird

Why don't some of these PDC jobbers go to the BDO and win their events for easy money?

>Numbers aren't fixed to the wire now so you can clip them on and off if needs be.

As a result, you can also have two 17's if you wish, like they decided to do yesterday

please tell me this is a joke. this can't be the real Gilding.

Because the winning money in their events is piss poor. All about the important RANKING POINTS!!1

They did a similar fuck up in a Grand Slam match where the 14 and 9 were switched.

>Jenks all but confirming he's retiring
Shame. Good player at times but far too often ruined tournaments.

>British dentistry

It is.

No idea how the fuck you can let your teeth get that bad.

YOU'RE INDESTRUCTIBLE