Fact: this glorious empire dominated eastern and northern europe for a whole century

Fact: this glorious empire dominated eastern and northern europe for a whole century

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoQFUBgAMyo
youtube.com/watch?v=uZMQ3bS0qAU
youtube.com/watch?v=RqaIgeQXQgI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoJvI8XUa0
youtube.com/watch?v=QBhOzRvkERc
youtube.com/watch?v=d_Sp04ibpQg
youtube.com/watch?v=Vd9IqjxfZoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what was glorious about it?

Hail to the king!

sverige cuckpire

it slaughtered both germans AND poles

It won against the HRE, despise being poorer and HUGELY outnumbered

Very conservative border drawing you're using there.

ok that is good

Absolutely nothing. Mercenary driven poor tundraland with delusions of grandeur. Which even more delusional swedes like to jerk off to.

Good night, have a nice thread.

HEIL

what place is this

HITLER :3

We swedes are best :3 :3 :3

Schlesswig-Holstein

They sacrificed their king in 30 years war to get some poorass counties in HRE

M, I see
thanks

To defend the True Faith, you dog!

Is that what you think about while Jamal is balls deep in you?

HEIL HITLER :3
youtube.com/watch?v=WoQFUBgAMyo

>poor
Irrelevant, Sweden was a poor shithole itself. Those areas were however very strategically important

...vad håller du på med för nått?

>Sverige styrde inte över stora delar av baltikum
Va?

Kek, defend the faith and when you get dealt a blow immediately fall back and let france do the lifting.

In the grand scheme of things, no. King wanted them only to curtail hansa and try to downweigh em but it cost him his own life and a shitton of gold form the treasury when they started to subsidize france. Swedish imperialism phase was in itself just kinda sad blob of land trying to paddle upstream only to fins that upstream there was Whole lot of stronger empires waiting to beat you up.

youtube.com/watch?v=uZMQ3bS0qAU

Sweden strong!!!

tillbaka till sweddit med dig

>Stronger empires
We rised above both Denmark and Poland pretty much permanently, and Russia was weaker than us for almost a century

youtube.com/watch?v=RqaIgeQXQgI

WE RULED TEH NORTH AND WE SUPERHUMANS.

Trevlig semester? Eller är du en invandrare?

إرادة الله هي أن جميع الكفار استعبدت. الله أكبر
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoJvI8XUa0

Heil hitler and svea vikings, we ruled everything superpower!!!
WE MADE RUSSIANS AND CIVILIZED FINNS AND PUT DANE TO THE GRAVE XDDD
youtube.com/watch?v=QBhOzRvkERc

Only by immense struggle. More than half of the time the kingdom was on verge of bankruptcy or out of men in fighting shape to fight the wars. In reality you could've never beaten Russia Even if you were "stronger" especially when we're talking about pre-napoleonic logistical nighmares. Poland was obviously a waning power because of neighbouring great powers constantly teaming up to beat it and I don't even know why you mentioned Denmark. Your empire never became an empire because it strived for it. Moreso just few strings of extreme luck.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_Sp04ibpQg

FUTURE VIKING AND RULER OF SWEDES!!

WE WILL KILL THE RYSSLAND AND FINNS AGAIN, WATCH OUT THE WORLD XDDD

>The empire wasn't sustainable
Wow, what a fucking revelation, all factors considered i'd say it was impressive that we managed to stay a dominant power for a whole century. Something i take Pride over

youtube.com/watch?v=Vd9IqjxfZoo

WE SWEDES HAVE DOMINATED THE NORTH!!!!! WORLDWIDEPRIDE!

Sure, that's true.

We've just taught that it was a miracle that Sweden became a power to begin with lest it even holding on to more than few decades.

Fuck Swedish empire. That period only saw poor peasants getting killed in wars to enrich aristocracy,

that sad titanic music toward the end had me rolling

it wasn't all killing, they dumped some handfuls of you off in the new world as well in a failed bid to make a colony

Wow, it dominated some slavs and a frozen wasteland. Very nice work.

Slavs? American education or clever banter? Never can tell those apart.

>Let finns in charge of a colony
>They ruin it
Typical

please, I know the average american has to be a great dunce in this day and age, but please, they dominated danes and germans as well, all the while having a fraction of the population and resources

I think he's referring to the Scandinavians from sweden that viking'd the russians

unless he's never heard of the battle of Poltava

J U S T

20% morale bonus

the fact that they were there is completely buried by the British conquest of the dutch colonies

it's easy to miss

The triumph of the few and the poor against the many and wealthy through discipline, bravery and hard work. It's an underdog tale, really.

and by that I mean, they were captured by the dutch so early on, that it was longer in dutch hands than theirs before the dutch went kaput

fact: this glorious empire dominated eastern and northern europe and central asia for a whole centuries, but now its 2nd world filthy shithole with 400$ median wage

r8

>Tiny Sweden was more powerful than this fucking colossus
Lol

and to show pu's

it had a chance, it was becoming a republic

you were robbed of your chance to grow by the bolsheviks, and with your current tsar/ commissar putin that ain't gonna change

because colossus is always shit, and it depends of rulers, if you are getting good rulers you are thriving, if bunch of idiots you are russia

and now you're being dominated by refugee niggers despite outnumbering them

COMEBACK

Still no Total War: 30years war

They have a new historical title in the works, but they haven't announced what it'll be yet. Could be 30 years war.

It looks like shit. The point is that sweden captured all the important trade cities in the baltic sea, effectively controlling the whole thing.

*infantry combat ability

What does this actually do? I've heard it said "Its like half that amount of discipline" But what does discipline fucking do?

Also r8

>But what does discipline fucking do?

It determines how much max casualties you affect per tick in a fight

>you affect
inflict?

And doesn't do anything about damage taken or morale shock?

>Swedes celebrating imperialism, wars and death

So much for tolerant Sweden

discipline increases the amount of damage your troops inflict and receive, while combat ability only increases your damage

Yes Inflict* excuse me being tired.

Did you guys see my Prussia? I just bought rights of man like last week. Prussia is disgusting atm. Like legitimately unfair

>while combat ability only increases your damage
Morale damage?

No problem.

This is a mere whimper of protest by Swedish autists on Sup Forums against their looming, inevitable genocide.

You mean you ruled few reindeers and empty finland and got raped by russians and made shitty fleets and got your super modern super ship sinking in 15 minutes

Is that fuck seriously called alfons åberg in sweden

Nice cherrypicking

>converted your super modern super ship into a super modern super submarine in 15 minutes
ftfy. Did you know that the Vasa could stay submerged for centuries at a time?

That's a nice King you got there, would be a shame if something happened to him.

Why did I kek so much, have a you

That's a nice country you got there, would be a shame if someone brought it into another union

We can afford more mercenaries than you.

A E S T H E T I C

would look better with Eastern Sweden tbqh, remember to bring them next time

Why do we get shit for being "eastern sweden" but estonians dont and norway is left alone too

Sweden GDP: 496 billion $
Norway GDP: 387 billion $
True

Because we were always an actual country, even when we were in the unions we weren't considered a part of the other country like you were (think of it as a confederacy or federation).
No one really cares about Estonia.

Sweden population: 10 million
Norway population: Like 3 dudes with kang helmets and oil

Because it was a lääni in sweden called Österland

we shit all over you when it comes to gdp per capita

>Österland

B-but muh Sweden-Finland

Weren't you aware that it was similar to norrland svealand for the longest time?

You can keep Jemtland, Herjedalen and Båhuslen. They are probably shitholes anyway.

>dominated
Where and how?

Bremen

Ja. Hurså?

That was never a thing. "Finland" used to refer to just the southwest part of Österland, one of the four "lands" of Sweden. Österland was an integrated part of Sweden and was no different from any of the other core provinces.

This.

Bohuslän is comfy af and Jämtland and Härjedalen have many good skiing opportunities, thanks Norway!

Not him, but that's not the whole truth. You are correct in that Finland didn't refer to the whole area of what is now considered Finland, but neither did it only mean the SW part of Finland, as the term evolved over time. After the Finnish tribes became a part of Sweden, that part of Finland was indeed what was known as Finland. By the time Finland was taken by Russia, Finland meant the area from Vyborg to Österbotten, and the northern half of what is now Finland was obviously known as Lapland. Between those 2 points of time the meaning changed and evolved over the years, and as a side note it was actually a Swedish king who made Finland a grand duchy (as a fuck you to the Russians, as Novgorod was known as a grand duchy, and calling Finland that made it a lesser title essentially).

>it was actually a Swedish king who made Finland a grand duchy (as a fuck you to the Russians, as Novgorod was known as a grand duchy, and calling Finland that made it a lesser title essentially).
Classic.

Indeed, perhaps one of the most patriotic moments in my life, to realize that our whole country exists as a middle finger to Russia (also proof that you guys knew how to banter back in the day).

without the civilization and wisdom of Sweden, the burgeoning evolution of the Finnish species would today be severely diminished or halted.

Language, writing, permanent human settlements, metal working... all were introduced to the Finn by the good grace of the Swede less than a millennia ago

>empire

None of those were introduced to Finns by Swedes, and we've had all of those way, way, way longer than a millenia ago (except for writing, nobody knows how long we've had that exactly but at least since the 900s)