British Royal Navy expert: Spain would beat us in war

>We are now much weaker then we used to be, we are not even at same level like during Falkland islands war.

It came as a former Tory leader suggested that Theresa May would go to war with Spain to defend the sovereignty of the peninsular just as Margaret Thatcher did with the Falklands.
As the Government moved to retake the Falkland Islands from Argentina in 1982, the Royal Navy had no fewer than 127 ships — including 60 destroyers and frigates and a dozen nuclear attack submarines - as well as two major amphibious ships and three aircraft carriers.

Oh shit, son.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/02/britains-navy-far-weaker-falklands-could-still-cripple-spain/
youtube.com/watch?v=cu6sxy_dgWM
reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-gibraltar-idUSKBN1722AS
youtube.com/watch?v=VzSvRLmVgJc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's the article it's quoted from

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/02/britains-navy-far-weaker-falklands-could-still-cripple-spain/

>Britain's Royal Navy is substantially weaker than it was during the Falklands War but could still "cripple" Spain, military experts have said.

literally the first sentence you moor

C R I P P L E D
R
I
P
P
L
E
D

What anti-ship missiles does Spain use?

What a load of rubbish. The UK military is much stronger than it was in the Falklands War. Our military was actually very outdated then.

Nowadays the UK doesn't have a massive amount of stuff, but everything it does have is high-tech and extremely powerful. The type-45 destroyer down in the Falklands would probably destroy a current Argentine invasion single handedly at the moment.

Losing a war with Spain is only possible if the win condition is invading and occupying Spain. Spain could not win a war with the UK with that as a win condition either.

Retard Gibraltar is in the Spanish mainland, the Spanish army has straight access to it while you have to send troops.

They wouldn't even need to occupy it to win, the guiris will just flee and empty the whole place, a few bombs here and there and it's empty.

You would have to invade and occupy Spain to win, and let's say occupying a country with numerous arid mountains and a population that hates you is not going to go well for you.

>Retard Gibraltar is in the Spanish mainland

Is it embarassing calling someone a retard then following it up with a completely incorrect statement?

Please stop talking about Spain.

Just like France!

Aren't we obligated to defend Spain due to NATO regulations?

UK is in the NATO as wel so All this thing is useless. They wanna think they will go to war when most of them are fats living in a fucking basement. Nothing is gonna happen.

Surely you meant obliged to defend Gibraltar against Spain

Thing is, in the highly unlikely case of a war, EU would probably side with Spain for logical reasons.
In such a case, without daddy USA the UK would be forced to concede Gibraltar, and I don't see Uncle Sam risking a war with the EU for the rock.

It's a defensive alliance where we're supposed to defend against the aggressor.
If the UK is the aggressor then we have to send our ships to defend against the UK.

The EU doesn't have an army, so it's irrelevant

Maybe they forgot that if the UK and Spain go to war,Portugal will be in galicia 5 seconds after it started

Not if Spain attacks someone eles first. Like they just did by placing an unregulated NUKE near the Tejo river the other week.

SAVE US BRITAIN

Last time I checked France is still in the EU and would thus provide military assistance against the UK.
Our armies cancel each other out so a strictly Fr/UK war would end up in a stalemate.
However with the German powerhouse and financial support and the Spanish military I genuinely don't see how the UK would win a war for fucking Gibraltar against us.

I swear to fucking God, if the UK tries to fuck with Spain I'll go full Jihad on their ass

Just like the other 5 times.

Are you sure you want to go to war with a huge muslim population on your country ready to go apeshit?

>Last time I checked France is still in the EU and would thus provide military assistance against the UK.
won't happen, our armed forces are too closely intertwined and France has zero to gain from supporting Spain over the UK. Politically it's the wrong move considering France has a lot oversea rocks of it's own it needs to defend.

It's just fantasy, your country wouldn't get involved

This.
I'm becoming more and more anglophobe with all this shit.

Last times were not with Germany on the French and Spanish side unless I'm mistaken.

Nothing like a war to instill patriotism to the people, or if not, use it as a pretext to pass on exceptional repressive laws that would target them.

>Politically it's the wrong move considering France has a lot oversea rocks of it's own it needs to defend.
It's not, the survival of the EU has an importance for France that is way higher than any oversea department. Abandoning Spain would mean the end of the whole European solidarity philosophy and therefore the death of the European Union.

The Benelux and Scandinavia can match the British navy.

But considering we're all traditional allies with the Brits I don't see it happening.

Not the whole country, but still.

NATO>EU

there won't be any war, but even if there was, this EU Larping is the most cringeworthy thing I've seen on Sup Forums for years

The EU is supposed to be the foremost alliance nowadays. In the case of an open war it's either a strenghtening test for the EU or its end because of such internal division.
It's actually challenging to try to predict what consequences it would have desu.

> France and Austria put aside their ancient rivalry to form a grand coalition of their own, bringing most of the other European powers to their side. Faced with this sudden turn of events, Britain aligned herself with Prussia.

Prussia was the German military might at the time. And also :
> Status quo ante bellum in Europe.
The 7 years War was mostly a defeat for our colonial empire, and it failed to prevent the rise of what would later become Germany, so yeah, colour me unconvinced.

This user here is in the right. France is already losing its overseas territories because, much like feminism, anticolonialism is progressive, has the moral high ground and is trendy. New Caledonia could become independent in 2018 and Guyana is already causing some troubles.
France's main hope to remain some sort of international and local relevance lies within the EU, not with its shitty DOM TOM.

I seriously doubt that NATO won't lose importance in the foreseeable future considering the recent political scenario in the US and the Brexit.

If a unified European army were really to be created, it would radically change the alliances system in the West. But we'll see.

T-thank you familia

>Last time I checked France is still in the EU and would thus provide military assistance against the UK.

France is much more interlinked with the UK than it was Spain. It's a stupid thing to talk about war anyway, and one were to come about France or any other European nation would be best to stay well out of it.

Seriously is there any interest in recovering gibraltar?
Place full of moor blooded spaniards who think they're british.
I see this UK brexit as an opportunity to fuck annoy both the british and the people from gibraltar.
Close the borders.
UK will have to provide them with everything.

And I haven't seen any remotely piece of news about the spanish reconquista of gibraltar. I think this is british sensacionalism at its best.

Why would the UK be the aggressor when we already own Gibraltar?

#StrongerTogether

I guess we will have to help you...again

>New France

;_;7

Are you mad they don't want to pay you lazy south-"european" niggers gibz anymore?

Jesus, will Europoors EVER stop?

Just STOP FIGHTING EACH OTHER.

The white man was forged in the crucible of war.

reminder that spaniards are a backwards people who don't believe in self determination

Never will understand the spanish nature,fucking hot headed latino fucking mentality

Shut up snownigger

No fuck you. Just look what kinda cuckballs u guys are.

this.

theyre just like Africans. They cant stay at peace for 20 minutes without the United States' strong guiding hand.

You can just fuck off from our wars.

You are Spanish though.

>Spain thinking they could beat the UK

Even we could fuck Spain up pretty bad

Fine, just dont beg for our help.

Oh, and tey not to get the WHOLE FUCKING EARTH involved this time.

Gibraltar is not an island, we don't need a navy to invade it while you need to disembark and land on Spain to retake it and maintain it. This of course, in the hypothetic case, this whole issue is stupid and sensationalist.

Hungary? Moar liek "Hungry for gibs".

No,I'm western iberian

I'm pretty sure vessels from all EU and nato would soon be circling there.

>Never will understand the spanish nature,fucking hot headed latino fucking mentality

Don't fall for the Anglo lies again, you dumb little brother. We didn't start this shit and we aren't the ones breast-thumping with calls to war for a logical border issue after Brexit.

I'm actually in favour of Brexit, but not in favour of fucking war.

Britain & Portugal v Spain & France

lets go, dickheads

or WW3, that would be interesting

>And I haven't seen any remotely piece of news about the spanish reconquista of gibraltar. I think this is british sensacionalism at its best.
Supposedly it's more the EU. Tusk put in some little passive aggressive b.s. about Gibraltar and then Gibraltar's (whatever he's called) basically said the EU is acting like a cuckolded husband.

But where would the fun be in that ?

I wish we could just nuke Madrid and finish off spainroaches, allowing Portugal to take its clay

Stop this sabre rattling please. If you enter a war with Spain, she will find you, capture you and make you her slave. She will call you names and force you to smell her feet like the little bitch you are. That alone should demoralise you already.

Our military qties will massacre the Anglos.

Soon.

Question to all SPaniards itt : would the Hispanosphere fight for you ?
Like, would Argentina immediately go to war and invade the Malouinas and would Mexico would send you their cartel money ?
Or would your colonial babies let you die against Albion ?

Meanwhile on the Dutch web.

youtube.com/watch?v=cu6sxy_dgWM

We're not allied to them, so maybe some Latin Americans would volunteer out of hatred towards the eternal Anglo, but nation states would stay neutral. The whole discussion is stupid because UK and Spain are NATO allies anyway

It's even more silly because every EU country has a veto about the negotiations.

And the Britbongs can angry because of the Spanish veto.

*are angry

The only Spanish-speaking country I see going to war on our side is Argentina, and only for their own interests (Malvinas).
Spain is nowadays way more attached to its European allies.

>This qt will die with a British bullet in her guts, raped by anglos.
:(

*blocks your path*

ask to chileans

The day of the siesta soon.

>mfw we'll invaded spain as spanish troops concentrate in gibraltar
Thank god we have 200.000 reserve troops

reminder that Britain has defeated every country in the world at war

We have to avoid war at all costs. If Britain attacks us, Europe will be filled with female Spanish refugees who are desperate to do anything for some food and shelter. And nobody wants that.

How many times have they stabbed us in the back? Europeans, the ANOglo is not our friend

Daily reminder that the Netherlands has defeated Britain, Germany and France at the same time.
And we defeated the UK and Russia at the same time.
And we took England.

So better listen up when we speak.

*Looks at you with disdain*

Spanish qts are always welcome here, we're not monsters.

Fetch the horses.

It's mostly because of their media.

As far as I'm aware, the EU only said that Gibraltar will have to renegotiate its relationship with the EU and that the UK and Spain will have to reach an agreement, which isn't just something rational, but even seems favourable to the Brits (Not to Gibraltar) as Spain won't take the whole Brexit negotiations hostage after some small disagreement over Gibraltar.

Source:
>"This seems intended to give Spain something so they don't try to hold the whole withdrawal treaty hostage over it," one senior EU diplomat said in Brussels.

>"After the United Kingdom leaves the Union, no agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom may apply to the territory of Gibraltar without the agreement between the Kingdom of Spain and the United Kingdom."

reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-gibraltar-idUSKBN1722AS

Meanwhile, their tabloids started saying bullshit about how we were going to take Gibraltar, and started larping about "MUH FALKLANDS"

>Holland
hahahaha remember when we took your shit and made these guys just to annoy France and G*rms

Belgium has only been part of us for 15 years of our history afaik.

A FUCKING LEAF

>Implying the actual military power houses like India, China, Russia and USA will get involved in this schoolyard brawl.

Europe is nowhere near the powerhouse it used to be

youtube.com/watch?v=VzSvRLmVgJc

I think this is serious guys

If we look at the direct combat elements of the fleets, excluding spain's amphibious landing ships as seen is defending, and both side's research vessels, minesweepers/ mine countermeasure ships and the fast patrol boats
I will list displacement as well

>Spen: (3 attack submarines (4 replacements expected),1 aircraft carrier, 12 frigates, 8 patrol)

110,629 tonne displacement+8,800 tonne submarine replacements expected

>3 Galerna Class Submarines (1,760 tonnes)
>(have 4 S-80 class (2,200 tonne) Submarines scheduled)

>1 Juan carlos amphibious Assault ship (27,079 tonnes)
functions as an aircraft carrier

>6 Alvaro Class Destroyer (5,800-6,400 tonnes)
>6 Santa Maria Class Frigates (4,000 tonnes)

>5 Meteoro Class Offshore Patrol Vessels (2,670 tonnes)
>3 Descubierta Class Patrol Vessel (1,640 tonnes)
>Bongistan: 4 strategic submarines, 7 attack submarines, 19 frigates, 4 patrol,1 helicopter carrier, 1 aircraft carrier+1 expected, 2 amphibious docks

250,600 tonne displacement+ 39,120 amphibious docks + 141,200 aircraft carriers

>4 Vanguard Class Submarines (15,900 tonnes)
>3 Astute Class Submarines (7,400 tonnes)
>4 Trafalgar Class Submarines (5,300 tonnes)

>(Scheduled for 2020- 2 Elizabeth Class Aircraft >Carriers (70,600 tonnes)- 1 is built already but undergoing trials, next is close to completion)

>HMS Ocean (21,500 tonnes)-helicopter carrier
>Albion Class (19,560 tonnes)-amphibious transport dock

>6 Daring Class Frigates (8,500 tonnes)
>13 Duke Class Frigates (4,900 tonnes)

>4 River Class Patrol Vessels (1,700-2,000)

as we can see the Royal navy has an advantage

Uk gives gibraltar to spain,spain gives melilla and ceuta to morocco,spain gives galiza and olivença to portugal,all is good

whats he saying?

You mention the Albion class at 19.5k tones but you can double that as we have both Albion and Bulwark.

''first,i'm sorry for what happened to brexit,but I feel that we should not lie to british people,let's not lie to ourselves,brexit is brexit,if uk leaves EU everysingle part of the UK leaves aswell,Gibraltar is a colony administered by an external country.There's no possibility to maintain the unique market and free movement of people if not for all the uk(not only for gibraltar).You can't be a member of the EU in Gibraltar and not in the UK.''

oh shit tanks in 30

EU=/=Europe

how do people not realise this?

He remarks that ,when Brexit is taken into action, all of it, Gibraltar included, will be out of the single market, free movement of people... He then offers a solution: a shared sovereignty for Gibraltar, which allows Gibraltarians to keep their british passports.

I was quoting the guy in the video you moron

We tried to do that in 2002. The people said no.

Yes I'm sure they realise you were. Calm down.