/jazz/ general

Didn't see one in the catalogue.
Favourite jazz album from the 80s?
Favourite jazz subgenre?
Tea or coffee?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/1kePxiBoDVWkbSiLxdD9Bd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your reminder that the new Verneri Pohjola album is out today - good reviews outside of Finland, too

open.spotify.com/album/1kePxiBoDVWkbSiLxdD9Bd

>all of Woody Shaw's 80's recordings
>post-bop
>coffee every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Blast me at your leisure, but I love Christian Scott's albums, and I've been obsessed with the drummer's use of drum triggers to play 808s.

That makes me wonder, are there any jazz combos out there that mix the sounds of southern/Memphis trap with post-bop? I'd really love to hear some horns burning over 808s, as well as someone soloing on reverb-laden synths, using subharmonics occasionally.

If not, it'd be cool to just find more stuff like Mehliana's live versions of Hungry Ghost and Centinela. I really just love the timbres of those Rhodes and the frenetic yet precise drumming.

is summertime overrated?

Yeah it's kinda hot. Spring and Autumn are better.

I mean the song

I'm just busting your balls my firend

you insulted me a little bit

Got to see Farmers by Nature with Darius Jones last night at the Vision Festival 22 in New York. Man it was fucking beautiful. Craig Taborn is some other kind of player man, he sounded fantastic. I also saw a group featuring Tomeka Reid, Nicole Mitchell, and Mike Reed from the AACM playing compositions by the famous composers of that organization. Really great night of music, really glad William Parker and his wife Patricia are still willing to run it after 22 years.

I'm looking for some quiet, chill stuff like Bill Evans, or earlier Miles, for night/early morning listening.

>Favourite jazz album from the 80s?
Witkacy Peyotl / Freelectronic by Stańko probably, and something by Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock & Jack DeJohnette
>Favourite jazz subgenre?
It's hard to say, long time ago I was a big fan of free and avant-garde, I also really like hard bop, but right now I'm rather in a mood for something slower and rather quiet.
>Tea or coffee?
Tea, because it has more interesting taste, and it is more varied. I also like yerba mate.

bump

>Anthony Davis - Variations in Dream-Time
>Third Stream
>Coffee, black

listening to this right now, it's dope

Stańko is great, if you like it I recommend listening to TWET. Music From Taj Mahal and Karla Caves is also pretty interesting.

I hope that someone has other parts of this chart

bump

last bump before going to bed

Rolling for this

thanks

rolling