orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/rife-w-typo
open.spotify.com/album/2FmF7jUrFgPlEZVLs2LSMG
mega.nz/#!XIAQWCAQ!MwEwXExFNcq0jN7d4a_qg13XOT2RTs5lTL1d_JL1uzU
youtube.com/watch?v=p28sfqv8iIo
youtube.com/watch?v=0sFvFVkeGVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

rip

>not posting the OP

i rec'd black foliage but i kinda wanna rec something else. id have to dig around to find something. if i don't have a different rec for u by the end of today just put me down for black foliage

Ok!

Our OP standards have really gone down the toilet recently

This thread sucks

Let's abort this one then

>posting the op
>not posting cumblogs:
studentenfunk-regensburg.de/live-monitor/
deutschkernzeit!

good

what was the old commie saying again?

Last one was beyond the bump limit for like two hours you fucking whiners baka

shoulda stayed ded

rec him forca bruta

>handless man - three years floating
thomas made some good tunes, some indie/shoegaze, some electronic/ambient, all quite pretty. i predict fish will like this less than i do.

hey ur using a trip again

cunt
classic literature is pretty good, you got some good reads of yore?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Change your rec now or forever hold you peace

can the person that recced V/A - Golden Rain last thread give me a name

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/the_algorithm/polymorphic_code/
gotta pander to your bleep-bias i guess

Stay tuned, sometime tomorrow I'm gonna post about turning my unheard mu essentials (pic related) into a tourney.

i claim stratosphere

I claim LRD and Spiderland

No u don't, stay tuned tomorrow

you're basically choosing my first Djent album, so whatever you think would work...

but i do

No
I'm guessing I'll post around this time +2 hours. Noon in the Pacific time zone

unnamed trip sounds alright ill have that

Thots on Castlemania?

Yeah it was alright, although I'm beggining to really get tired of this type of music, think I'm gonna take a break from yer tame impalas and yer Oh sees and yer King Gizz and yer Ponds ect.

see thats why idk if i should pander to what i feel your taste is or give you the most representative or essential or w/e but i guess i wanna throw you some more stuff during the run of this just to see. gotta djent tho. see im gonna win this shit with all djent and fish is gonna laff at you like blublub

I don't think so.

I haven't read a lot of "classics" since high school because I'm a philistine like that. I've read Shakespear, Dante, Homer, Plato and Sophocles kinda recently, only very little of some of them. A Journey Round My Skull by Karinthy Frigyes and The Door by Szabó Magda are both Hungarian not-so-modern classics in a sense and they both have supposedly good English translations. Catch-22 maybe, I love that book but I don't know if it's considered a classic at all. Maldoror I'm pretty sure is not a classic but I gotta plug it.
That's the problem, besides the most obvious picks I'm having a hard time thinking of anything because "classic literature" isn't really a thing (classical literature is, but it's a different thing). I suppose you're asking because you've been reading Milton, so I'd recommend looking at the literature of the late English Renaissance and the Restoration, or just the Renaissance in general. I don't know much about these periods.

good day so far
>rhucle - yellow beach
lovely, emotional ambient with atmospheric field recordings. the textures are sparse and warm, and they evoke a new type of nostalgia for me, one more nature-oriented than anything else. great.
>steffen basho-junghans - in the morning twilight
this really reminds me of james blackshaw's stuff, except it's far more technical and studied, while retaining that same emotional edge. some astounding moments here - most tracks come to a feverish head of joyous, tumbling sound. love it.

got an album for u losers

>Richard Dawson - Peasant
>avant-folk, singer/songwriter
>MP3 320 kbps
mega.nz/#!H8gxlYya!NqUbqTR0ei_99dFHXtJnhsNmepGz0OvULiQe2Z8rDu4

howsit compared to the magic bridge

really boggles the synapses

The dilemma between trying to pander to a genre someone knows and may be more critical of, or taking a risk with something they haven't heard at all

Whoever is responsible for the listenalong hmu with that template so I can set that shit up

Better, I would say, although it comes down to your tastes in the end. This one's got a richer sound, more instrumentation going on, well-produced and all, I can imagine some would be more into the sparser and more lo-fi sound of The Magic Bridge though (an album I also really like). I think Dawson's songwriting is really peaking on this one, though.

op sucks

i like momus now so im doing this

For Dogwander, terminus, etc;
Keiji Haino is returning to Le guess who with Han Bennink, p cool. Other notable stuff is Pharoah Sanders and Grouper

This is me btw

i saw, the lineup is fucking cash money already and we don't even have all the names yet. definitely gonna try and be there this year.

Yep it's fucking dope, will definitely go this year

imma check it out for sure

Yea but this is a p even mix of the two so idk which applies, prolly both

reserving

reserving

is it episode 96 or 86

sure thing

reservoir

This week's listenalong is M Sage - Rife w/ Typo.
I'm posting it a little early because I might be gone this weekend.

You have several options for listening:
>Bandcamp
orangemilkrecords.bandcamp.com/album/rife-w-typo
>Spotify
open.spotify.com/album/2FmF7jUrFgPlEZVLs2LSMG
>MEGA
mega.nz/#!XIAQWCAQ!MwEwXExFNcq0jN7d4a_qg13XOT2RTs5lTL1d_JL1uzU

Hope you enjoy! Sorry rod, I know you've heard this already, but more people need to hear it.

Oh and if you end up liking it, please consider supporting the artist!

And if I may inject my personal opinion, this album deserves to be heard on cassette.

claiming the entire jazz section

but if anyone wants machine gun or naked city theyre free to take them

phytotelma

you should put genre tags on the post, although it is p obvious its some post internet mem stuff

next week is finally my turn :^) i think i have something thats a combination of the awfulness of snuff jazz and the hidden landfill of memeable lyrics that was shaq diesel

>thesound recd black antlers
i am angry
so you have a "bleep bias" huh
guess i gotta just stop reccing indie/noise rock to every newfag now ugh

paula temple - colonized

catch 22 is a classic yes
im halfway into lepublic its p cash

how about something good instead though

I wouldn't say it's post-internet meme stuff despite being on a post-internet meme label.

>thesound recd black antlers
>i am angry
just wait until he pans it lmao

huh i never thought about that

maybe

i facetimed jamie stewart.........and he picked up!!!!

actually laughing out loud

what is it then?

ya'll need to give Orange Milk more credit. They consistently push crazy stuff, even if they're doing the cassette net label thing

pic related: aotysf, out on OM

Just going to leave it here
youtube.com/watch?v=p28sfqv8iIo

plunderphonics/glitch

oh I'm a huge OM fan and that album is neat but I prefer the label's glitchier stuff like G&W

Oookay! I figured "daily" is neither obligation nor limitation, so I heard two albums from the essentials today, these I got recommended to start with.
First Eureka by Jim O'Rourke, which I really liked. Some laid-back singer-songwriter style with pretty lyrics and vocals reminding me of Simon and Garfunkel in parts.
It sets all kind of moods and delivers emotion at all time, wonderful, I can see why you all like this.
But I expected something else from the cover haha

The second one was Jorge Ben. I kinda have a problem with music in languages I don't understand, it creates such a distance, I can't relate to it and I constantly feel like i'm missing something important out. So i tried to focus more on the sounds and rythms but I couldn't find much I like there, sorry :(
How do I overcome that?

And any suggestions what to hear next?
I only know I should wait with the Fishmans

definitely Musical Abortions next

>How do I overcome that?
Stop focusing on lyrics

>forca bruta
>4
know you not joy?

ok! looks like black metal, I'm very new to that
yesss, i'm trying, but then i get the feeling i miss an important part of the music
it's dumb i know

>an important part of the music
lyrical meaning is not music

I think you're putting too much value in lyrics there, don't let something as superficial as a language barrier get in the way of your enjoyment, it'll become an issue if you're trying to widen your musical horizons. You can always look up the translated lyrics if you want, but the vocal delivery, the emotion, is more important.

Additionally, take Loveless or any shoegaze album for that matter. The lyrics are in English but I can barely make them out. Doesn't hinder my enjoyment and it shouldn't. The melody is more important, not the words.

i know this sounds dumb, but yes, I can't relate to joyful music most of the times
hmm yes, i should have said "work of art" or something then, i don't know

but that's exactly what I mean

the meaning of words said in music is an amusical quality. You're not alone in thinking that lyirical meaning is an important musical quality.

It's something really important to get past. You can use poetry in music but music isn't just poetry + sound.

very great

maybe it's an amusical quality, but it's part of the album, no? so for me it makes sense to include these in the rating when i rate the album,
hmm or not, i don't take stuff like artwork into account either... this is confusing
but you are right, i should learn to get past it to enjoy albums like these more
oh the loveless comparison is good, i got alot out of that when i heard it even without understanding much, somehow i saw the vocals more as instrument and mood setter there

I will try to focus more on delivery or more important less on the actual lyrics the next time i listen to a foreign album!
/daily/ is already helpful, i'm glad i came here ^^

are you a girl?

>I only know I should wait with the Fishmans
yeah wait all ur life before listening to it

Do Escape from Noise next.

About the lyrics thing, start listening to genres that obscure the vocals like shoegaze and some types of extreme metal. You will soon forget the lyrics have meaning and focus more on delivery and emotion.

The Replica comparison is kind of a meme, but it convinced me to listen to the album so I included it. Glad you liked it.

>i saw the vocals more as instrument and mood setter there
Yes, exactly, that's how I like to view them.

jesz more like jeez

not long to wait then!
I'll do that after Musical Abortions
maybe this already obscures the vocals, at least the cover looks like it

Boy you don't even begin to imagine how obscure Abortions is :^)

yeah, you should definitely get over the language barrier, especially for fishmans and tons of the stuff on here. forca bruta didnt click for me until i kept listening to it nonstop for a week.
>musical abortions
this should be interesting lol
holy shit you havent heard a lot of Sup Forumscore
this is exciting

just bought full season football student section tickets.. sold out within 1 minute

music for this feel?

halsey and the chain smokers

youtube.com/watch?v=0sFvFVkeGVg

Fuck it, go ahead and claim your album

doesn't count
gets Stratosphere
gets LRD

i call spiderland

Loveless

DISCIPLINE

closer

oh, you need to hear Kid A! maybe my favourite album of all time

HÜSKER DÜ

Er, wait. Can I change to Violent Femmes?

I think everybody needs to hear that album some time in their life

Soundtracks for the Blind

Bum Tickley

Which