Uh wtf

uh wtf

the ending was the most fucked up thing i've seen in a horror movie desu

>Conversation earlier involving Religion
>"Well why would they believe in a Christian god they can't see when they can see a Pagan god."

Yeah holy shit
Like I thought the movie was a decent found footage horror with some alright jump scares and some pretty good atmosphere building.
But the ending just kicked it up a notch. This is like the only horror movie I've ever seen that the ending wasn't a huge disappointment. It's the best part of the movie by far. Completely changed my opinion of the movie as a whole.

DUDE CRAWLING UP AN ANUS AND GETTING DIGESTED ALIVE LMAO

Don't they crawl into an asshole?

More like a stomach. But the immediate buildup to it is what makes it work. The vatican dude revealing the pagan site, the hidden passage and markings being discovered, and the frantic terrified flight further and further underground all work really well.

I still don't get why they kept going.

Also, were the people they were trying to find already dead, and they were just following illusions?

>>I still don't get why they kept going.
Deacon was trying to find his friends. What did you expect, for him to just leave them?

>Also, were the people they were trying to find already dead, and they were just following illusions?
yes

The old Scottish priest blamed himself for the whole mess in Ecuador or Peru or wherever so he was desperate to avoid having more blood on his hands. They were illusions but he didn't know or didn't let himself believe that.

Actually, kinda hoping the atheist would have caught on, got religion and ran off to survive, while Deacon, who no longer believes in God or whatever, tries to find him.

Instead he finds God's asshole.

must be new to the genre then :^)

The atheist following Deacon made sense to me because the whole movie he was completely uncertain and directionless and basically just doing what he was told even though he didn't believe in any of that shit.
So him following Deacon to the bitter end made sense.

>That's nature for you Deacon, big stuff eating little stuff

I liked how neither of them once ever considered what they were dealing with wasn't a spirit or a demon, but rather an actual physical being right there the whole time.

That suppose to be a vault?

death by chthonian

Well, the idea that something could create illusions and other mindfuckery and was still alive after thousands of years was a bit much.

strangely i enjoyed this movie rather much. sometimes i roll one and start the borderlands to get comfy

the chavs were in on it right

i mean it was a pagan god that inhabited the bowels of that hill. that's not really "much" looking at it on its own terms

Borderlands is Reddit core

GOAT