Was Attack of the Clones even that bad?

Was Attack of the Clones even that bad?

Not as good as Revenge of the Sith

nope. don't listen to the rlm cucks.
it's a decent entertaining film

It wasn't a great movie, it's biggest problem in term of critical reception was that the film had that STAR WARS name hanging above it, along with the disaster of Phantom Menace preceding it.

Art doesn't exist in a vacuum, but Attack of the Clones as a movie and not as a piece of a franchise is honestly fine. It's enjoyable, with some low moments, but some very high moments.

Theres potential, but the story/characters get muddy from 10 minutes in, and fail to recover.

We have the three plots: Padme's assassination attempt, Padme and Anakin young love, and the start of a major (offscreen, then resolved within 30 minutes of the next film) conflict.

Theres only really room for two of these, and the way to do that is by starting the clone wars before the start of Episode 2. Doing this takes care of so much exposition, and evenly paces out the plotting.

In short, its bad;but given the restraints the writer put himself under, couldve been worse?

It was boring as fuck

Literally cannot recall a single scene from the movie aside from the 50s diner

Yes.

It was fucking terrible.

No. It had some really great sequences, like the speeder chase through the city, and the colosseum bit.

Also it had peak padme. Fucking hnnnng.

The love scenes werent even that bad. Sure the dialogue was hammy as fuck, but they definitely needed to be there.

It's pretty damn bad. You could throw out arguments about PS2 graphics, sand, and that shitty romance and it would still be a bad film.

Even people who like and defend the prequels like me think its bad

3>1>2

Padme's outfit does things for me. That's about it.

Yes.

It has some prime Portman, other than that, it's easily the worst Star Wars film.

Found it a bit boring years ago, but I realize that all the diplomacy has its place in the PT and is necessary to the overarching story.

The entire Kamino sequence was awesome imo.

Also when Samuel L. Motherfucking Jackson shows up on Genosys.

Not that bad, but creepy beta Anakin was uncomfortable to watch.

>This party's over.

>beta
She still ended up marrying him, having his children and getting killed by him.

It's the 3rd best Star Wars movie actually

I don't see how that's a party.

I like that movie.