European Union Language

I think we can all agree that French will be the new European Union language if Britain leaves the EU. My question is, how quickly will the transition be from English into French?
Will European countries encourage the study of French significantly more?

Video very related:

youtube.com/watch?v=LWX3tts6NyI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_gJrsrbEVJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It should be German and French. German for Central and Northern europe, French for the latin and Mediterranean fellas.

Italian has never been relevant in Europe. It's a bastard dialect of an ancient imperial language from 2000 years ago. A lot has change since then, compadre.

>American reading comprehension

Italy is right.

Why are the Mexicans of Europe so obsessed with Latin? Why can't they be proud of their own cultures?

t.40%

holy shit why are amerishart so anal devastated about us. Like, back the fuck off from me

All official languages of EU members are official in the EU itself. We already have a big corps of translators to solve our problems.
> tfw the EU needed three months to find a Maltese-Estonian translator, and this is a true story

If only we had a universal language that everyone already knew?
English is universal in every European country, it's the language of education and prestige. You can express things much more logically in English than in French or Estonian.

There is no reason to switch languages. English is superior.

Why not Finnish?
Nobody can understand eurocrat legal mumbo jumbo anyway.

>You can express things much more logically in English than in French
How would you know?
I speak both languages and I can tell you, you're wrong.
French is far more descriptive.

>implying english is or ever was the language of the European Union
>implying an amerishart can comprehend the concept of multilingualism

>speaks English like a retard
>claims French is more descriptive
Improve your English and then come back to me, kiddo.
French will never be the language of the European Union.

Could we teach all children this song and dance?

youtube.com/watch?v=_gJrsrbEVJ0

>French will be the new European Union language if Britain leaves the EU

HAHAHA why do you idiots think ? it's still the 17 century or something?
there's part of the world where english is spoken between countries even tho no ones speak it natively around

this honestly

back to /fr/

>I think we can all agree that French will be the new European Union language if Britain leaves the EU.
It won't. It should be the logical step but it will never happen because the EU has no interest in identity or language, merely wanking off about having bigger numbers than America on paper.

>My question is, how quickly will the transition be from English into French?
A trillion years if we're lucky.

>Will European countries encourage the study of French significantly more?
Hell nah, the study of French (and non-English foreign languages) has been rapidly declining across Europe. A generation ago everyone (educated) in the Netherlands spoke solid German and decent Dutch, today you're lucky if anyone below the age of 40 can even order a coffee in either of those languages without using hands, feet and faux-German Dutch.

Maybe if the EU took this whole unity-thing seriously, but nobody does it. It's broken, no way of fixing it.

No one speaks English in France at a conversational level besides the British tourists. And when I was in Rennes, everyone spoke French badly. They mixed it with some weird celtic language. They haven't been fully cucked by Paris yet.

Because they are fucking bretons
Those who speak english speak it well, this is the language of the future. It's just our education that sucks

>Maybe if the EU took this whole unity-thing seriously, but nobody does it. It's broken, no way of fixing it.

Are you >implying that Brexit is just the beginning? Are more countries going to leave?

The European Union is stable. Poor countries may be removed, like Spain, Greece, and Italy. But the EU is too powerful to completely disintegrate.

English is just richer because it belongs to greatest empire that has ever existed.