ITT: We post the best looking sports venues

ITT: We post the best looking sports venues
>First for Sapporo Dome

why is the field on the outside of the dome?

It is on tracks and slides into the stadium for use, but gets natural sunlight and rain when not in use. The Arizona Cardinals stadium does the same thing.

This is a thread about sports venues, not views of the bay.

Maybe if you turned that camera around 180 degrees so we could see the actual fucking stadium..

>This is a thread about sports venues, not views of the bay.

Yeah but it's baseball which is boring as fuck, so you if you're going to spend 90% of your time staring off into space, you might as well have a nice view.

>a warehouse

>entire field is in view
>main aesthetic draw of the ballpark is the fact that it's right up against the bay and the accompanying views

Is there a rule for baseball stadiums that the stands that the batter is facing towards need to be much lower than the others?

>baseball stadiums are so boring and ugly they have to hide them behind the camera
>"b-but look at the view it's nice r-right?"

> be Detroit
> have an extensive riverfront
> build a windowless box right on the river...

No, most ballparks' outfield seats are lower because it gives a view of what's beyond.

Looks like a factory, which would be shitty for 99% of stadiums out there but is actually kind of appropriate for "Ford Field".

>>a warehouse

Find a nicer football stadium.

Hint; you can't, they're all more or less featureless warehouses.

Most people want to be seated closer to the diamond, so the stands are lop-sidedly built to accommodate that. It's a quirk of the sport's field design.

You look like a bucket of shit.

Nope. Look up the Green Monster in Fenway for an example that the walls can be any size

Oh wow it looks like the entire population of Detroit has shown up for this thread.

>a leaf
>making an argument that doesn't make any sense
Or, you know, maybe they place the cameras inside the stadium so that viewers at home can see the actual game taking place instead of live-shot outside the stadium you idiot.

behold! my final form

post some cfl stadiums.

Is that a monorail?

There's an arena in Germany that does the same thing. The cool thing is when it is out, it occupies a parking lot. For games, the parking lot is exposed for use by cars. Super efficient use of space.

>seats are literally facing away from the action
Were the Three Stooges the architects who designed this?

Prime seating is around home plate, so by the time the upper deck works its way around towards the outfield, you really run out of necessity for more stands. Baseball stadiums don't need 80,000 seats for the # of games played.

>Is that a monorail?

Yes, it's the People Mugger... err, People Mover.

THE GOAT

These answers seem contradictory, I'm going to assume it depends on local scenery and fanbase size of the team.

It's a fascinating piece of engineering, but I'm still not a fan - mainly because I'm prejudiced against multi-purpose stadiums, although at least there's no running track around the pitch. Football stadiums in Italy are notorious for this, lots of multi-purpose stadiums where the fans are 10 to 20 metres away from the pitch and the atmosphere of games is not as great. AS Roma's current stadium has a running track around the pitch and so the fans are far away from the action.

Pic related shows a rendered pic of AS Roma's new stadium which encompasses two things I want to see in a stadium: 1. fans are close to the pitch and 2. no seamless round bowl. I like that there is a section of the stadium that is unattached from the rest of it (on the right in the pic) - I find that there are too many new stadiums that are just a soulless bowl with no single focal point for the loudest fans to congregate.

>bad engineering has "soul" and "character"

what a silly sentiment

/asp/

If you're going to make up statements, don't bother trying to talk with the grown ups.

>stadium exists
>posts renderings

Literally why?

Why? Looks like any other big10 stadium

It was an israeli architect

Years back, some friends and I went to the Silver Bullet Speedway in Owendale Michigan; $1.50 entry, wooden bleacher seats, $1.00 hotdogs and bring-your-own-beer.

Needless to say, it was a blast and we got drunk off our asses cheering on rednecks in beat-rides blasting around the dirt track.

>calling yourself a grown up

Still making up statements, turn your proxy off.

Rating baseball parks is the fucking worst.

>stadium itself is fucking bland, generic shit
>but look how nice it looks OUTSIDE of the stadium

This is nice.

3rd world / 10

> toilet seat shaped stadium

How appropriate.

>not liking multi-purpose stadiums

Enjoy your empty stadium.

3600 metres above sea level

comfy > best looking

that's one of the worst stadiums in the US, poor choice to support your argument

The inability to detect sarcasm is a sign of autism.

Literally the ugliest stadium in both football and baseball

It's the ugliest stadium in football, but nothing is worse than the Trop.

Obligatory mentioning of the Dortmund Südtribüne.

I don't think they do it anymore (city of Detroit probably fucked it up for them...) but for a couple of years, people were holding mini-bike and moped racing events at the old Dorias Velodrome.

Literally what were they thinking

Imagine playing here and having social anxiety

By inside

That's pretty cool.

i liked this one from euro 2016

That's cool looking but I'd hate to be the fans stuck in the circle of skin cancer...

What is with that gridiron on the field?

It's for rugby

Fucking hell man, it was a compliment. It fits the city's heritage and even the name of the field.

That looks like a warehouse with seats.

>tfw you'll never again walk up Wembley Way and see the twin towers of Old Wembley stadium. I hate the new stadium so much

>Who is Mhikitaryan

why is there so many buses ?

I can sort of understand the appeal of NASCAR in speedways like Daytona or Talladega, but these fucking things were it literally takes about 2 seconds to get to the bend and you have to de-acceralate, i have no fucking idea the appeal behind that. Anyone care to inform is there some hidden technical prowess behind driving on these kind of circuits that makes it watchable or is it as fucking stupid as it looks?

its stupid. Its just drunken rednecks hoping for a crash. That being said it can be really fun

Well, you could drive your own car, spend hours looking for a space, be charged an arm and a leg for parking and not be able to drink, or you could go on a coach to the FA cup final with your mates and fellow supporters, and get steaming drunk.

well that makes a lot of sense thanks. I catch the bus to games as well but we dont have buses that park at the stadium.

You dont even take the corners at speed for a proper crash on these kind of stupid little tracks though, just makes absolutely no sense to me

Here it's common for the club to provide a coach service to and from away games, but it's become less popular now that you're not allowed to drink on the coaches anymore to help stop hooliganism.

Why are there so many referees?!

Fucking Bongball and all it's bullshit rules that nobody understands...

What in hell made you think I was talking about the broadcast cameras you autist?

You drive against the other drivers, not the track, and take 10-20 laps to set up a pass if you have to just with pressure. It's not technical/aerodynamic at all, just willpower when you're on lap 390 and someone's been riding your ass or chopping your entry off for the past hour.

you also drivee against the league, if nascar wants more drvier on the lead lap then you can count on a bullshit caution flag.

>Awesome weather in Florida
>A dome

It seems it's in Québec or Minnesota

What else does one need

you take that back.
I'll have you know the temperature at the Minnesota Vikings game tomorrow is only -25c/-15f

I was talking about the Olympic Stadium of Montréal and the former stadium of the Vikings

pic from outside

Why does everyone in India wears these white clothes?

obligatory pic of University of Montana's football stadium

and now from inside

a more modern pic, after Qatar broke the atmosphere

This place is awesome