THIS is the DEFINITIVE Batman. Fuck any other adaption that doesn't get the character

THIS is the DEFINITIVE Batman. Fuck any other adaption that doesn't get the character.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
youtube.com/watch?v=W2EZZVW7jjQ&feature=youtu.be&t=113
youtube.com/watch?v=7EtHfr0eBA4
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp4huHUUFgw
seriesanimadasdedccomics.blogspot.mx/2014/08/batman-la-serie-animada-capitulo-01.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

What are the quintessential waifu episodes?

I was 12 when this first aired. It absolutely holds up and kept the franchise from dying after the horrible movies that followed "returns"

Not OP, but I agree, I think it totally holds up. I think I probably have a different take on Batman as a character than you because I was 5 when that show premiered. I couldn't read yet, so for me and people closer to my age that was the definitive Batman. I think it must be interesting to have been an adolescent when BMTAS hit, because it marked a shift in how Batman was seen in the culture. The comics had gotten darker leading up to it, but the public perception in the mainstream was still holding on to the iteration that more closely resembled him in the 60's tv show and like the watered down version they showed on the Super Friends or Scooby Doo or something.

>There will never be a live action Batman film on par with Mask of the Phantasm or Return of the Joker

How? How does WB/DC manage to fuck everything up? Why didn't they even consult Dini or Timm on how to do an expanded connected universe? You know, the guys who were doing that whole thing a decade before Marvel? Guys you have on staff who've been loyal for over twenty years? Dini should be the Kevin Feige of the DCEU. He did it for 15 years for fucks sake. And he actually likes DC characters and comics and not just violence and tits like Snyder?

Correctamundo.

Also Kevin Conroy IS the voice of Batman. Fortunately, I believe there is enough audio of his velvety rough vocal timbre that they could construct new voice acting through sampling should - God forbid - something were to happen to him.

>I would overwhelmingly prefer they use computers than cast a new voice actor (With one exception: a new person who can do KC's voice flawlessly)

You are correct. Also same animation house that did Pearl Jam's Do the Evolution video.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

>but the public perception in the mainstream was still holding on to the iteration that more closely resembled him in the 60's tv show and like the watered down version they showed on the Super Friends or Scooby Doo or something.

No at the time Burtons Batman is what was in the publics mind

any with Catwoman, Poison Ivy or Harley Quinn

I'm actually rewatching all of TAS atm. No one could ever do Batman like Conroy.
I was 2 when it came out, and it's the only thing I actually remember from then aside from watching the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park from behind my uncle's la-z-boy.

Cool video. Is this the same studio that did MiB the Series and Extreme Ghostbusters as well? All their stuff has a pretty distinctive look and feel but I can't tell with this.

Nice opinion OP

too bad it's 100% correct

Basically this..

>leaving out Talia

I recently replayed Arkham Asylum and City in the span of like 3-4 days and it's amazing how Conroy and Hamill can save even the shit writing of those games

The most clever thing Batman says in either of those games is when someone asks "what'll happen if X happens?" and he goes "X WON'T happen" but his delivery is so good

mark hamil
ark hamil
arkham

MotP and Mad Love are the best Batman stories ever told. RotJ is up there too.

Too bad we will never see good cinematic adaptations of them. They did well with Batfleck, too bad every other character they cast is shit.

>wanting cinematic adaptations of a cartoon
protip it was good because it was a cartoon

I have faith that based Ben will give us exactly what we want. The DCEU will be scrapped and we'll get the Batman Extended Universe instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=W2EZZVW7jjQ&feature=youtu.be&t=113

this. I hope after SS they do a soft reboot. change the joker a little and improve on the good harley. I hope they expand on Bats rougue gallery with catwoman as a regular and someone like the riddler or the judge two-face. Batman works best with human villains and dramatic archetypes each of them represent in Bruce's psyche

>It's a comic fetishist episode

I honestly agree with everything dunk says in that video. I still liked City but Asylum avoided almost every single problem he names in that video.

I really don't get why City is the one everyone seems to think is the best.

I'm on board with a BEU, but there are still characters that deserve proper screen adaptations, like the Flash.

100% Kino

>tfw every single DCEU film has WB meddling to try and make it more like Marvel and stifle out its own independence in an attempt to appeal to Marvel-loving normies, instead of just letting it do its thing
>Justice Leagues gets mediocre reviews
>Wonder Woman gets OK reviews
>by this time they don't care and are starting to hemorrhage money so fuck it, the new Batman movie can do what the director wants with no studio interference
>Based Ben ibn Takbir al-Fleqqi makes literal BATKINO and elevates the comic book medium higher even than Raimi could
>WB is saved and stops meddling and let's their directors do what they what, stepping in only for inter-film cohesion

B A S E D

Please let this happen
I'm so fucking tired of WB shitting the bed

>I really don't get why City is the one everyone seems to think is the best.
Because it's in GOTHAM CITY!!!! Weeeeeeeee!

No arguments here 2bh famalamadingdong

THIS is the DEFINITIVE Batman. Fuck any other adaption that doesn't get the character.

Sometimes I watch BTAS and I wonder what it would be like to be Bruce Wayne. Not Bats, just Bruce Wayne.

>take a game that was 50% stealth, 50% super close quarters combat
>make it open world so you get no deliberate control over either

The best part of the game was the Freeze fight because the room was tailor made for that fight and yet they still thought having me fly around the city ignoring every single thug and crime was how a Batman game should play

Not that user, but I honestly don't remember any Talia episodes. I first watched the show while it was airing, and I guess I was about 8-11 when I watched it.
Recently I did a guided review of the series and picked a few episodes per season to watch based on individual episode reviews.

I played city b4 asylum and like city 100x more

For a definite Batman viewing experience and as an entry drug into DC superheroes, I'd tell people to start with the 60s series, move on to Mask of the Phantasm + Batman the Animated series, brush that off with Beyond and then finish of with The Brave and The Bold.
I'd then suggest Under The Red Hood and The Dark Knight Returns Part 1&2 if they want seconds.
All of them are superior to any live action film adaption we've gotten so far.

I hate to break it to you user but you are so very wrong there...
In order of best Batman.
1. Kevin Conroy
2. Michael Keaton
3. Adam West
4. Christian Bale
5. Ben Affleck
6. Val Kilmer
7. Robert Liberty
8. Will Arnett
9. Lewis G. Wilson
10. George Clooney

Fuckin android fucking up my shit.

7 is Robert Lowery.

>There will never be an adaption of Heart of Ice

We basically did get one though... You really want another in the current state of things at WB?

Bump Ben up to two and Bale down to seven and this list would be correct.

This is the definitive because it tickles JUST ENOUGH of everyone's fancies.

Still a cartoon for kids BUT:
>Nominated for Emmy's in writing
>Act Deco Noir-setting
>Flexible tone, ranges from kitsch to deadpan tragedy
>Feels like a nice continuation from Burton's Batmen
>GOAT theme song, definitive
>Wasn't afraid to have guns be a threat/weapon
>Created Harley, for better or worse, but her standalone episodes do prove she's not just a snively henchman/right hand
>Best Bruce Wayne, he isn't selfish, isn't embroiled in his own misery
>Made GOAT Mr. Freeze
>Mask of Phantasm, probably the best Batman movie, tbqhf.
>Villains could be sympathetic.

It was the perfect mix of "dark" without "edgy".
Clearly made by adults, but for everyone to enjoy.

And Scooby Doo on Zombie island.

>1. Kevin Conroy
>2. Michael Keaton
>2. Ben Affleck
>4. Adam West
>5. Val Kilmer
>6. Robert Lowery
>7. Christian Bale
>8. Will Arnett
>9. Lewis G. Wilson
>10. George Clooney

I'll give you that for the most part user but I can't bring myself to drop Keaton down out of the top 2 so I've made Keaton/Affleck both up there in 2nd.
They've both done fantastic jobs of playing The Dark Knight and as hesitant as I was about Batfleck at first that's all gone now.

This is canon.

That list has been revised.
See

You're forgetting Bruce Greenwood. Underrated as fuck

It's the same one as in JLU then yea

I honestly think Afflek can save it though. Time will tell but the next standalone Batman movie might be great.

No idea if Freeze has the same VA in TAS as he does in the Arkham games but that guy is fucking great

And any time I want to prove to someone that Bale's performance was shit, I just send them clips of Conroy as Bruce vs. Conroy as Batman
It's perfect, he sounds like a completely different person, it's like watching Christopher Reeve change his posture but done entirely through voice

Shit. You're right. Fucking forgot about Under the Red Hood and Young Justice.
Time for more revisions. I guess Bale's going down even further.

Best Batman List Rev 3.0
>1. Kevin Conroy
>2. Michael Keaton
>2. Ben Affleck
>4. Adam West
>5. Bruce Greenwood
>6. Val Kilmer
>7. Robert Lowery
>8. Christian Bale
>9. Will Arnett
>10. Lewis G. Wilson
>11. George Clooney

And revision 3 is in.

i never got in to superheroes and i hate capeshit but this show was always excellent

There will never be a Matches Malone adaptation in our lifetimes.

Current state no but someday

Mask of the Phantasm is better than all the modern cape shit garbage.

I have 1 episode of season 2 left then it's MotP for me.

Agreed
Will there ever be a blu ray release?

The cross over episodes with superman were great too

fucking polack kill urself

Return of the Joker isn't even great outside of the flashback.

Batman and Superman: World's Finest is one of the lesser animated movies but it's still better than BvS. It's sad really.

If you wanna improve on BvS try the MoS/BvS fan edit.

I agree the rest of the movie falls shorter than that sequence, but the character stuff with Barb and Bruce, and the bitter old fat fuck Robin I did like as well. The Joker/Terry interactions were fun too since Terry manages to turn the Joker's game back on him. But the actual plot is pretty dumb and doesn't make a lot of sense. How exactly did near-future Joker make a DNA transfer/mind control chip? It's not even future tech he made it forty years before the beginning of the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=7EtHfr0eBA4

Sadly, he wasn't used in AA.

Or, you know, pic related.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp4huHUUFgw

I quite liked that one. It was pretty spot on to the comics.

How did they manage to pull off this movie so well, and fuck up The Killing Joke so badly?

The only problem with The Killing Joke was that shitty Batgirl prologue. Everything else was perfect.

WB chickening out on the funding because of its R-rating and studio pressure to make it more "female empowering" (done in a shoddy way that undermines the whole point) is my best guess.

No, it also looked like shit and both Hamill and Conroy sound far from being at their best despite having worked together for decades. Everything about it felt cheap and rushed.

starting from the begining senpai, wish me luck.

You won't regret it user

>Korean slave animation
>shit tier voice acting from Robocop anytime he has to emote and Alex Dunphy Carrie Kelley

It was cool to see the adaptation done properly in two parts but it's no masterpiece.

Because Killing Joke, the source material, is just not conducive to an animated feature made by a bunch of Asian children chained to computer monitors.

Also I thinkthere was some bad voice acting direction, because there were times when Conroy just sounded uninvolved, and also Joker being angry at the end of his long "it's all a joke" speech instead of lost and vulnerable. Hamill understands the source and the character too perfectly and I know 100% that it's not him badly delivering, it's because they decided to have Joker beat the shit out ofBatman in that sceneand the director in the booth was telling Hamill "no no he has to be angry because he's beating up Batman!" and so Hamill just had to do it that way.

You're watching the second episode first? Or have you already watched The Cat and the Claw part 1?

Also user, I started from the beginning a few days ago, now I'm here(pic related)

I watch the cat and claws back to back.

Yeah I don't know what was up with the direction. I know what you mean especially about Conroy. Sounded totally bored and emotionless when trying to "make up" with Joker. And yeah the speech at the end was really flat. You can Hamil aged because he just can't scream like that anymore. They needed to play it totally differently.

That's what you get from years of smoking garbage cigarettes, takes it toll on your cartoon voices.

>Will Arnett that low
Come on, his natural voice is what Bale tried so hard to ape as his Batman voice.

Affleck will eventually turn into TAS Batman.

Check revision 3 of that list, it'll probably get some more changes but this is where it's currently at.
When the list is finalized and we can all agree on it I'll go all fancy and make it a big, high res image.

ur absolutely right

Ben is second only to Conroy.

Check the revised list.
Ben and Keaton are tied at second.

>shit tier voice acting from Robocop anytime he has to emote
I pin that down to direction, because he was perfect otherwise. And yeah, I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, I really wish it had the care and budget that went into something like Akira, but it's still one of the best DC cartoon adaption and if you want the true masterpiece, the comic is right there.

Killing Joke however doesn't even have that, it's trash best ignored.

I'm also currently trying to decide where to put Roger Craig Smith for his work as a younger Batman in Batman Unlimited and Arkham Origins. Personally I feel that Origins gets him above Bale but Unlimited drops him down a little. Still above Bale though.

Do not worry. Batflack will give us the best BatKino.

He won't be able to until studioheads stop their backseat meddling and he gets a script worth a damn. Until then he's just untapped potential.

You know, I think it'll be easier to just have 3 tiers
>Great
>Average
>Clooney

Yeah it is, but an amalgamation of every batman at that point. At least it didnt have as much batwank like the justice league

>tfw no Batman Beyond movie

I love him as Bruce Wayne, but his Bat-voice still reeks of Bale-trying-too-hard-mode. Conroy's voice was deep and resonant, but not ever gravelly or strained. Hopefully he will tone it down a little in the next one

That's not as easy as it would seem.
I actually find it easier to rank them in order.

Batflecks voice is digitally modified, there's an actual voice changer in there. You can hear it at multiple points, both when alfred is messing with it early on and when it gets damaged during the fight with Superman.

And we have another revised list.

Best Bats Rev. 4.0

>1. Kevin Conroy
>2. Michael Keaton
>2. Ben Affleck
>4. Adam West
>5. Bruce Greenwood
>6. Will Arnett
>7. Val Kilmer
>8. Roger Craig Smith
>9. Robert Lowery
>10. Christian Bale
>11. Lewis G. Wilson
>12. George Clooney

>>Changes:
>Moved Will Arnett up the list because who doesn't love Lego Batman
>Added - Roger Craig Smith for his work as a younger Batman in Arkham Origins and Batman Unlimited.

>Joker Literally Gets Cucked: The Episode

If you listen to his voice when he's talking to Barry(after throwing the Batarang) in the Justice League Trailer, That's pretty much he would sound like without the Voice modifier. It sounds good.

Seguramente hay compatriotas míos por aquí, así que solamente dejaré esta bomba aquí.

seriesanimadasdedccomics.blogspot.mx/2014/08/batman-la-serie-animada-capitulo-01.html

What?

>tfw no BB game

Futuristic cyberpunk city, future Batman with any kind of gadget you can think of, old-man Batman gives the quests, it begs for a good open-world game.

10/10 would so fucking play

Batflack doesn't change his voice. He uses a voice modulator.
But I agree, it could have been deeper and cooler, but the voice-changer thing is still nice.