Get Hyped

Is Sup Forums not hyped about this? Or have we decided to hate it now before it even comes out? Jw.

It seems like everything that we actually WANT in an original Star Wars movie

-gorgeous cinematography
-classic Star Wars aesthetic
-Saving Private Ryan in space
-Darth Vader not being a whining bitch fuck but in a suit
-More creative control for the director now that Force Awakens is out of the way

Seriously Sup Forums, this may be the first really GOOD new Star Wars movie with an original story.

Are we not hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/starwars/2016/07/18/rogue-ones-new-planet-jedah-is-the-mecca-of-the-star-wars-world/
youtube.com/watch?v=CehVgQ43pn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The trailer is very promising but so was Godzilla's and I hated it so I'm gonna hold my horses this time

Hard to compare the two properties, isn't it?

>Death Star is upside down

Wow. Good fucking job Disney. Is this the level of quality we're supposed to expect from here on?

Fuck this.

No actual "up" or "down" in space, movie does something interesting and new with protraying Death Star in space

>wow, good fucking job Disney UPSIDE DOWN?! WHAT THE FUCK, I HATE STAR WARS NOWW

Have you ever seen it upside down? Have they shows an upside down Star Destroyer? NO, because they make sense to be RIGHT SIDE UP.

I agree, I will be watching Rogue One™ on it's opening day®!

....It's space.

Are you retarded? You seriously hung up on THIS?

Another movie about the fucking death star, of which we already know the outcome. How do you nerds get excited for this stuff?

It looks gorgeous though, I'll grant you that. More aesthetically pleasing than TFA, and TFA was already pretty.

Literally the only thing I'm excited about is the potential for Vader to kill some of these minorities.

Am I not allowed to be excited for anything user? Or is any level of positivity shilling?

The entire movie isn't about the Death Star, it's about how the Rebellion was formed and them stealing the Death Star plans. The Death Star doesn't become operational until it blows up Alderaan.

Every time I look at the youtube comments of a trailer it's full of people bitching about the lead being female and treating this like it's the next ghostbusters reboot, or just shitposting about Bothans. Personally I like that the new trailer makes it seem like it lives up to the war movie reputation it's getting, but the dialogue is corny and flat as fuck so I'm a bit wary.

Kill yourself we faggot.

Yeah, the dialogue seems corny. But Star Wars has never really had strong dialogue. Hopefully it's just the trailer...and not indicative of how the writing is for the film.

Thanks for the constructive response there.

I'm not comapring the two, just saying that a trailer being good doesn't mean the movie will be

So is IP Man a Jedi or what?

I think he's just force sensitive.

Yes, and we already know the outcome. The rogue one crew will die, and the audience already knows the death star gets destroyed and replaced.

This movie looks incredibly fucking pointless.
>Dude, just turn your brain off LMAO

Then don't see it, faggot. It's okay to think that a gritty war-type movie about the Rebellion would be cool. The plot isn't about how we know the outcome of the larger story arc, it's about a smaller story. It's not about the fate of the universe or the chosen one. It's about a few central characters fighting the Empire.

Fans have been literally asking for this type of movie for decades, a war movie with a Star Wars backdrop and smaller narratives.

That's what the EU is for, faggot. You watch the films to know the fate of the universe. The EU is intended for the "smaller" stories.

>Pathetic manchildren have literally been asking for this type of movie for decades
ftfy

Star Wars is shit, it should have ended back in the '80s. It is the symptom of creative bankruptcy, and a dying society.

Ok. So don't watch it.

>in a Star Wars thread
>le society is dying meme

Jesus, fuck off.

I will not stand for shitty films being defended by reddit-tier manbabies.

I have not gone to see a movie in the theaters in 10 years.

Ok. Good to know.

:>)

>waahhhh! I don't like it! WAHHH! You can't either! I won't stand for this!! WAHHH! It's reddit! REDDIT! WAHHH!

Reasons for Hype;

Trailer is fantastic
It looks amazing (not a surprise given the cinematographer)
It's different enough to be interesting while not being completely disconnected from Star Wars

Reasons not to be hype

SJW shit - The Muzzie Force stuff
Kinda does feel like a really awesome fan flick
ANOTHER prequel

Those I don't mind as the awesomeness of the trailer balances out.

However, the big problem;

The lead actress, in both trailers, seems HORRENDOUSLY fucking bad.

Maybe it's just the trailers and it's great in the feature film, and I have no idea what her normal work is like - But man, she seems really, really off.

Redditor detected

Go back to r/movies, schweinhund.

the trailer looks promising. i'm looking forward to it.

:^)

People who normally bitch about reddit, tend to be reddit. Nobody else cares or brings it up instead of autists who think it's a cool quip.

What a faggot you are.

>SJW shit

Here we go with this meme. It's so fucking stupid. There are two Star Wars movies with female leads. Nobody actually cares.

>The Muzzie Force stuff
What does this even mean?

Gamergate buzz words, ignore him.

Calm yourself redditor. Easy, I know you're a newbie so I'll let you off with a warning.

You pull that kind of shit again and I'll be having your ass for dinner. Do I make myself clear?

I don't know man the idea of a planet for force pilgrims seems fucking retarded

>planet for force pilgrims

Source?

you're on Sup Forums

you're only allowed to hate things.

>le reddit again

for someone who apparently hates reddit, you sure do love to mention it a lot. Do you not see how that's pretty faggoty of you?

comicbook.com/starwars/2016/07/18/rogue-ones-new-planet-jedah-is-the-mecca-of-the-star-wars-world/

Sup Forums didn't always used to be about hate trains. Sometimes there is real discussion here.

At least, there used to be.

>Jedi are Buddhist type, Japanese warrior monks, there is no problem with that
>Jedah is "like" a Mecca for the Star Wars world
>'OH LOOK AT THIS SJW SHIT, MUSLIMS!! BLERGH I HATE IT

Who gives a flying fuck?

was meant for

I don't think it's dumb to assume that since the Jedi are ( in the lore and films) known all over the goddamn galaxy and so is The Force, that there would be a Mecca for them.

I don't see why this is silly.

NOW YOU'VE DONE IT

I think it's retarded to have this church of the force with a bunch of non force users who still follow the jedi ideals and are waiting for the return of the jedi to balance the force. There were only 10,000 jedi during the prequel era. The vast majority of people never met a jedi.

Are you a fan of islamic culture user?

No, I don't care. I don't sperg out because there is a Mecca in my science fantasy adventure film.

The Jedi traveled and fought all over the galaxy, everyone knew who they were. There were dozens of force sensitive species that were IN the Republic. They were the most famous peacekeepers and most popular force users in the galaxy...it's really not that silly. Jedi had temples all over the place.

>The vast majority of people never met a jedi.

That's fucking stupid, in the prequel era they were dispatched to settle literally anything. They had political power in the central government, they consulted the fucking Chancellors. Everyone knew who they were.

Then why did everyone consider the Jedi and the force a myth in OT and TFA?

>hhhhhhhhh
>dum dum dum, dum de dum, dum de dum
>cheering and applause

How easy are those obese fanboys? Do they not recognize fucking fan service? the worst kind of it.

Fuck all this toy cult shit.

Because George can't write for shit and there is no real consistency between the prequels and the OT?

I don't have a great answer to that, I only have what the canon says...whether it is retarded or not.

The Empire was creating propaganda over a 30 year time period to make people believe that Jedis were a myth, that makes some sense. Nothing really makes sense to explain how people thought Jedi were a myth in less than 20 years.

He's not wrong.

I have to ask, don't people get sick of this? I mean, I am already vomiting Star Wars just like I was vomiting capeshit. Do fanboys flock to any random retarded shit with "Star Wars" in the title?

>He's not wrong.
>his opinion on not liking Star Wars
>is somehow a factual statement

I think you know the answer to these questions already user.

Rogue One looks genuinely cool. Nobody dictates what you have to enjoy

>I am already vomiting Star Wars just like I was vomiting capeshit.
>There's only been one released new Star Wars film in over ten years

Some of you are really retarded.

His opinion is correct

>It Aint Sheev starts palying

>Video games, books, television shows, comic books
Try harder user

opinions aren't correct or incorrect you autist. Not about art.

I seriously don't give a fuck about Star Wars anymore. After all the merchandice, games that are all exactly the same shit, a fucking dancing game, and the absolute lack lustre snooze fest that was VII, I'm completely done with Star Wars.

I want something completely new, set in a completely different kind of scifi universe, like 40k (but not actually 40k, just a really different tone to the usual like that).

Not the same old junk that gets pushed by shills because "it looks realer than real life", live every multimillion dollar movie does now.

Yes there is such a thing as objective views, especially with regards to art.

user's complaint seemed directed at MOVIES that are out. Capeshit are movies...he was comparing it to movies.

Read the thread, user.

>Yes there is such a thing as objective views, especially with regards to art.

No, there isn't. Nothing about art is objective.

>something new and interesting
>just showing the same old Death Star from another angle
God you are pathetic.

All that stuff is fine but I just want a Star Wars movie completely separate from the Empire, the Rebellion, Jedi and Sith.
Something where there's like a war on some backwater planet in the sticks of the galaxy.

He took issue with
>I am vomiting Star Wars
There is so much goddamn Star Wars shit, and already I'm sick of it. This is what I was referring to.

You're going to agree with me in a few years after we get Episode 8 and the onslaught of unnecessary pointless spinoff films.

>pretty GOAT cinematography
>somewhat exciting new Death Star shots in space
>new planets
>new characters
>new robots
>new prototype walker designs
>new vehicles
>new story

I'm "pathetic" because I find these things interesting. Okay...

>OP ask why /Rv/ isn't hyped like you idiots, and you're getting an answer.

Don't get pissy because you don't like a valid answer

Yeah they were tied to the central government so people in positions of power were most likely to come in to contact with jedi leaders. Even taking in to account the clone wars the jedi mostly interacted with power players from whatever planet they were on. The average man or bith never met one.

You know, must of us well adjusted people can just ignore and not watch these spinoffs if we get tired of them. I'm not married to every Star Wars film that comes out, I didn't sign a fucking contract. They will stop making them when they stop making money you dumb faggot.

This is literally what I've been saying all thread. Luckily for you you have yet to get an armada of star-shit fanboys defending muh flick.

They seem quite literally famous in the Clones Wars...entire planets are aware of them. They hand out with common people all the time, they are welcomed as heroes on at least a dozen planets. They've been involved in every major confrontation over the last few hundred years. You are being retarded if you think billions of people wouldn't be aware of them after that long a time.

I'm not saying they're not famous just that most people didn't have anything to so with them. I've heard of the secret service but i've never met one and I don't know anyone who has.

Good, you're not a sheep who flocks to the next big star-shit and ignores hype.

>They will stop making them when they stop making money you dumb faggot.
yes, I know this. Why do you think I'm no longer watching them dipshit?

I thought your point was that people have never heard or seen a Jedi, to the point where Jedi or force users WOULDN'T be famous enough to have their own Mecca.

You said the Death Star being shown from another angle was new and interesting, you never said anything about that other shit.

...and that was pathetic

I may not be a sheep, but I'm not incapable of enjoying these films if they are good. The Force Awakens was a pretty good remake of A New Hope, Rogue One looks like the freshest Star Wars movie in a long fucking time. So I'm gonna see it, and see if I enjoy it. Not shit all over it like I get paid by some competing company to just automatically hate these films like a stupid autistic manlet.

I said it was a cool new type of shot, a way we haven't seen the Death Star in high orbit that takes into account how actual space works and how its orientation wouldn't matter. I think that small attention to detail is nice. I think it comes from the extremely talented cinematographer who's done some really amazing work.

That's not pathetic you fucking contrarian manchild.

>The Force Awakens was a pretty good remake of A New Hope
>Rogue One looks like the freshest Star Wars movie in a long fucking time
Opinion confirmed for being worthless.

>Opinion confirmed for being worthless.

uh, how? I am acknowledging that TFA hits all the same beats as ANH, I understand that. The movie as a whole is not terrible, it's not fantastic, it's just a good remake. Rogue One looks fresh because it isn't based on any pre-existing OT story structure. It has new characters and I am looking forward to a story that at least seems like it's trying to do something new with the universe.

Manlet confirmed.

Those 2 points werent even related you fucking twat

I'm a fucking twat? A majority of time when people sperg out about SJWs, it's woman related. It's someone complaining about female leads, or women ruining their childhood Star Wars or whatever other sperg shit they say.

where are the bothans and does a stick trump a saber?

youtube.com/watch?v=CehVgQ43pn0

Kekold confirmed.

I don't give a fuck.

>y-you a kekold

He said sjw shit followed by the line about mecca. Only thing he said about the female lead is that, in the trailer she was horrible actingwise. Ur a fucking twat for sperging out like one

I have never heard a SJW argument that immediately followed talking about fucking Islam. The majority of those arguments have been gender related.

Wtf you replied do the post that whined about islam in star wars and "you've never seen one"? Are you actually retarded? Fucking twat b crazy

I don't know why you have trouble understanding that it looked like two separate points. Nobody mentions Islam with their SJW arguments, SJW shit is usually about gender or race. It is very rarely anything else...at least on here. So it's not a fucking stretch of the imagination to think that these were separate points user tried to make

>this meme
>director says he's actively pushing for diversity
Stop pretending that there isn't a political motivation you utter retard.

>diversity
>is bad
>because...reasons
>because muh triggers, (SJW!!!!)
>waahhh!!!
>There is a Mecca in muh Star Wars!
>NIG NOG IN 7! MARY SUE!
>WAHH! I HATE IT NOW. NO DIVERSITY AT ALL. IT BAD

The shit some of you actively complain about is autistic as all fucking shit. Go to bed.

My point was most people wouldn't give a fuck. I hate the idea that now there's this massive underground group of normies that somehow know the ins and outs of the jedi and their philosophies. Now they all hang out at space mecca which is also fucking stupid

Ur mentally challenged get lost

My thread, so...no?

>he's actively pushing for diversity

Please tell me your very educated and enlightened reason as to why this is something I should even remotely give a shit about or get angry over.

Forced diversity for the sake of politics/ideology is a bad thing you fucking retard.

Get fucked, SJW.