Did South Park stop being funny since season 20 or is it just me

Did South Park stop being funny since season 20 or is it just me.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_Getting_Old
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is one of the worst season ever yeah. i'm confident they can recover from it.

they fucked up when they tried this connected episodes bullshit. SP works better with single episode storylines.

it stopped being funny when they revamped the town. I hope they get back on track

First series where it was connected was good, maybe 2 or 3 seasons ago, can't remember what happened but it was interesting.

The 2 after that were shit.

They've recovered before but I'm afraid they keep on doing these long ass story line with the same shitty jokes repeated over and over again

Hasn't SP just ended with S20?

Yeah they're way better with monster of the week episodes and a one 2-3 episodes arc / season.

Cancel that shit

Futurama was smart to cancel its series
So it wouldn't die slowly

This, really hope they are going back to that

i'd disagree

Fuck you, please kys.

I don't blame them for trying new things and not simpsoning up their product too much.

Those storylines seasons are poorly written, with bad rythm and too much joke repetitions.

They will shake it up and find something clever again.

Only american fags watch that shit

It stopped being funny after season 8 actually, youngster.

Personally, I think it started going downhill around 13-14 with some exceptional episodes along the way. At this point it's pretty horrible. I'd rather watch the old episodes again than any of the new stuff.

It was a bad season but not to the point where they could consider cancelling. They can make the connected episodes work and I seriously doubt from what I've been hearing from comedy central that they will return to the old format, as comedy central doesn't want that many episodes in a season.

Creators are bored and sick of South Park. They want out, but the contract keeps them for more seasons.

They are shitting it up as they go so network cancels the contract.

people continued to watch this shit after high school?

Kyd

I dont work for the show, how the fuck should I know?

What the fuck else are we supposed to watch, you know this is Sup Forums right?

i think they think they have to reach a little further to get a laugh from their audience which isn't necessarily always the case.

I've heard they are.

try like season 11 or 12

No, fuck you. Cynical user.

yes

yes i still watch it. i haven't watched the new ones since i go to bed when it's on.

It was just sort of connected. There were longer storylines going on but every ep still had it's own story. Season 20 is like one big mediocre storyline with long drawn out jokes.

Wasn't the last episode in s20 named: End of series episodes or something.

is it just like a habitual thing? I've tried giving it chances over the past year or so and it just wasn't funny. Family Guy tier humor honestly

That's fine user, not everyone has to like the same things.

Glad I'm not the only one who hated season 20. Shit was painful to watch and made no fucking sense

The latest season is the best season by far

>family guy tier humor
I literally feel like killing you.

True that but I just can't imagine a competent adult enjoying it. I thought the random swearing and nonsense was hilarious back in the day. But now I just don't see it

me too bb, me too

They have become a tad too preachy with the same issues and social commentary. In one episode they even call out Kyle for starting yet another moral preach, they probably noticed the trend themselves and tried to play it for laughs, but the change is obvious.

Just difference in humor I guess, kinda habitual to also since I've been watching since I was little

You realise south park is the closest thing to Sup Forums and Sup Forums humour available on TV.

Haha dammit you are right. The overlap between Sup Forums and competent adults in nonexistent

Matt and trey just did a pod with bill simmons. Kind of explained their thought process a bit.

That's fair. I was still watching American Dad in 2016. Sometimes you just keep going because fuck it

Just kys already.

butt hurt Trump fag

it was arounf about the season where they started doing gags about snapchat and drones

you first sweetheart

It's nothing like the first seasons, at all. Somewhere at season 12-13 it became political/pop-culture satire

I can literally remember the exact episode it went to shit. It was the "Tween wave music" episode when stan's parents got divorced.

American dad is funny but in a more traditional way. It's just not as funny to me as family guy or south park.

if my hobby was making a cartoon with my buddy and it was making us both rich i'd probably never stop

trump getting elected really locked them in to the connected storyline nonsense. parker and stone talk about it on the latest episode of the bill simmons podcast.

>watching American Dad in 2016

Watching a copy of a copy of the simpsons which already sucks

No, just no. It was a mildly depressing episode but to say it went downhill after that is complete bullshit.

I can't watch any of these anymore. When the fuck did I become a boring old fag?

American dad is waaaay funnier than family guy

It was when they started giving celebs attention like the Lorde/caitlyn Jenner epsiode

fuck you faggot that's exactly when it went to shit and I've been watching since 1999

Yeah exactly. Watching garbage TV habitually.

you're kidding right?

shit tier humor

Well you don't HAVE to make it about Trump. Also they did do a pretty good job at the 2012 election with the whole ocean 11 theme so they are proving themselves wrong

no, family guy is garbage. american dad is pretty good.

I agree, it's just not as funny.

well that's a problem for me because I don't know any of these 'celebrities' so I don't get the jokes

Bet you also think King of the Hill is super funny

anyone know the best place to watch the third season of rick & morty?

Please tell us user!

fuck off 9fag

Why don't you take me out for a dinner the next time you decide to fuck me...because i like to be wined and dined before getting fucked

9gag tier

This was such a great scene.

i was just asking you where I cam watch it dingdongs

What happened season 1? I haven't seen episode 2.

Is that where stan keeps saying everything is shit?

That entire episode, maybe 2 episodes if I remember correctly is a metaphor for trey and Matt and they're feelings towards South Park.

Basically they are saying that they either keep going with the same formula, even though people are growing up and not finding it as funny anymore, or they try and change and grow up themselves and possibly alienate the fans who have stuck with them from the beginning.

Seriously you should rewatch it, that episode explains why things went downhill after that episode. Meta as fuck.

I think you are over thinking that episode.

lmao overthinking

Its just parodies why elderly people think young people's music is shit and visa versa.

They banked the entire season on an event that was out of their control, the election and bet very wrong. Despite trump winning being the potentially funniest thing to happen, and watching mr garrison do his thing. They still fucked it up.

Memberberries were shit after 5 seconds and the plot holes sucked balls, first man club and Mr garrison puking into stans family's mouths ala horror tropes went nowhere.

A bit of both.
I liked the connections between episodes but I also like the single episode story lines. I think the story itself and the jokes were great.

It stopped being funny like season 8

Would you mind loaning me your lipstick mom? because i want to look pretty the next time you decide to FUCK ME

I stopped watching south park in 2000

>whats the best way to watch a tv show
on fucking tv, you retarded cunt

'member berries sarcasm was one of the few highlights of this season. So were some of the antics of Stan's dad. "Ok, Kyle. Now drag the dildo into her mouth. Quick, quick hurry Kyle!"

The rest was they just fucked up assuming Hillary would win, as did several other TV shows.

More like season 12

Ike, my mistake.

i can;t find it on sky anywhere
maybe cause im in the scotland?

Re watch it and keep what I said in mind.

Matt and trey have even spoken about it themselves and confirmed it.

>with Entertainment Weekly noting it >could be "a not-so-thinly-veiled way of >Stone and Parker telling us they had a >similar discussion about their very >show."

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_Getting_Old

There's a lot more depth there than you give them credit for.

as a major SP fan thinkin it was one the best things on tv as i was growing up,i feel sad to have watched the last season.I can' t believe i actually did not finish most of the episodes.:( they should stop making more.

The show was becoming fucking shit. Go cry some more, faggot

The german translation is aweful as well.

Until now it was called "Kotstulle" and "Rieseneinlauf" - in episode 20 they call it "Kacksandwich" and "Riesenklientel" which doesn't even make any sense in the context used because you only get the connection to the old vote-related episodes if you watched it on english first.

Very poorly done - very unfortunate...
Thanks Merkel.

They never confirmed it fucktard, in fact they completely denied it.

They denied not wanting to carry on making south Park, which was everybody's thoughts at the time, they confirmed that the episode was partly about them talking about issues they were having about the show.

It literally says that in the Wikipedia link I posted you fucking mong.

They even fucked skankhunt34 up. A parody of this site for fuck sakes.

I just read the entire fucking thing, the episode was NOT intended to represent what you are saying.

I thought 20 was really good?

Trey has said they're not doing continuity or political jokes from now on.He doesn't like doing continuity and thinks that they're better off with monster of the week stuff and he's said the political world's so crazy right now they can't satirise it as it's already become a parody of itself.

I hope they keep Mr. Garrison and Caitlyn around as the executive branch, and touch on it from time to time. It's the backfire from the gods.