Learning to play an instrument

>learning to play an instrument

>not learning music theory

incredibly easy

>claims to like music more than top 40 level
>has thousands of rym ratings and constantly scrobbles
>and yet still, is a talentless hack who can't so much as strum a C chord on the acoustic guitar

hate these people

most of Sup Forums

youre right. im not sure what is the reason of most people that actually play/make music being mostly into pop/dadrock and most of Sup Forums types literally cannot make anything music related, just consume.

If you can't play an instrument, even a simple one like singing/drums/harmonica, you don't truly love music and should let people know in your posts so we can discard your opinions.

>wah It's too hard

Fuck off. All the best things in life are hard to achieve.

W-what I'd were already in our 20s, which means you probably too late to git good

>over 20
>still browses mu

come on, you should be outgrowing mu core by 19 at most.

It's never too late, stop making excuses bitch-boy. My dad his whole life wanted to play the guitar. He finally got around to learning at 60 years old.

Fuck you fuccboi

Is he good?

it's pretty fun to try and play a new song you like, and you also appreciate the music more.

I'm fucking retarded like I huff shit to get high whenever I can't afford real drugs, I failed all the way through highschool, I can't keep a job for more than three months, but I can play guitar and am gonna be going to school for music in the fall.

If a dumbass like me can play guitar, so can a likely entirely normal and average adult like you.
>people are overall more likely to enjoy popular music
>musicians who are people more often like popular music

Hmmmm... Makes ya wonder

this. learn it

Of course not. But it makes him happy. We don't play instruments to get signed to a label, we do it to have fun. Moral of the story is you should learn, but do it before 60.

>musicians who are people more often like popular music

this is the most retarded logic ive seen on Sup Forums in a while.

At what age did you pick it up tho?

yea this. my younger sister is in the mindest that she should have started as a child, meanwhile I just started playing piano a few months ago and pretty decent already. Only takes about a year of playing somewhat regularly to be "good"

Logic can't be retarded it's a concept not a person dumbo
Idk, my dad gave me his guitar when I was like 14, I fucked around with it occasionally but I didn't really get into it until I was 17, I'm 20 now.

>Logic can't be retarded it's a concept not a person dumbo

I imagined that as Tyrone's voice instead of Michael

I dunno about OP, but playing a musical instrument is an excellent way for me to get closer to the music I enjoy and understand it better.

Moosics is easy. Just listen to Trout Mask. Bang a few pots and pans, play whatever chords you like, then say it's "art".

Suckers

>Just listen to Trout Mask. Bang a few pots and pans, play whatever chords you like, then say it's "art".

> tfw it's another Sup Forums thread
Republishits are against any type of learning period. Of they had their way we'd all go to trade schools for one semester, after which we'd be swiftly shipped off to become a cog in the massive American capitolistic machine of their wet dreams where we'd toil away the rest of our lives like mindless slaves .

What the fuck? Your post is the first Sup Forums-post. Fuck off retard

>Republishits are against any type of learning period.

Right. Imma gonna give Trout, and Loveless, one more fucking listen later on. If I still think they're shit, I'll just keep my whore mouth shut from now on.

I get how TMR can sound like just random shit but how the fuck does what you said apply to Loveless?