So as XP is dead now, MS should make it open source. Thoughts?

So as XP is dead now, MS should make it open source. Thoughts?

Never gonna do that, and you know it user.

I just want it.

nice fives
why do you want windows source code?
i mean, besides because it will make wine better

Considering how much code each new version of Windows recycles from orevious ones, no. Not going to happen.

Also, run a fucking real OS.

Feeling nostalgic I guess.
I have all these ancient machines sitting around doing nothing that used to run XP.
They're Gentoo boxes now (don't judge me).

So you suggest what for old hardware?

Linux, obviously.

What flavor? Specifically what GUI?

Seeing as you're a native Windows user, I'd suggest Mint. Lowest learning curve. GUI will be the most similar to what you're accustomed to.

Mostlike /thread
For those who need to laugh, and can stand subtitles:
If you haven't seen Running Man yet, search for that shit. Asian ... variety? .. reality? ... game show? ..
Anyway, it's hilarious.

lowest learning curve is ubuntu hands down.
Hell, go with Ubuntu MATE so you won't have to deal with the makers of Ubuntu building in a backdoor.

No pic that time, apologies

I personally prefer Ubuntu and run it on my laptop, but it is not the easiest one for a heavy Windows user.

I don't mind a learning curve in the least. Whatever is quality, if i know it'll be worth it I'll figure it out.
I have a machine running ubunto, it's doing pretty good, but I'd there's something better?

I've mucked around with Linux a bit, mostly gentoo...
And shit, I'm out of pictures?!
um... > insert googled goodness

I use windows a lot, and found linux mint to be a bit more difficult than ubuntu. I don't know how else to put it.

By "better", you mean something that can be more customizable? Go with Arch Linux or a different flavor. Your learning curve will be greater than the one in TF2. Seriously. It's weird.

*if

if it's a decent machine mint + KDE is my favourite.

>that tattoo
>insert y tho pic

Well, then Ubuntu is what I'd stick with. It's well supported and stable.
I'm a Linux/UNIX admin. Been using Linux since '95. I used to run Gentoo but they got really sloppy with their security update about ten years ago.
TBH, I'm not a fan of Mint, but that's usually presented as the "gateway" distro of sorts for Windows users. If someone is willing to jump into a better distro, that's going to be better for them in the long run.

"better" .. um ... customizable is probably it. Trying to make Panasonic CF-28s (Pentium - iii .. or m?) machines do more than display shiretoko.miemasu.net/CgiStart?page=Single&Language=1

Can't throw out random dumb questions without SOMETHING to offer

Kys, faggot.