Screw Sgt Pepper and Pet Sounds, this is the true great psych pop album of the late 60s

Screw Sgt Pepper and Pet Sounds, this is the true great psych pop album of the late 60s

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds#Psychedelia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_pop
youtube.com/watch?v=77f18P7ppIw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not fair!
Arthur Lee and Love never put out a bad record.

Not as good as Pet Sounds but better than any Beatles record

babys first contrary opinion

been here for 5 minutes im assuming

Never understood this album's popularity on Sup Forums Picked it up for free years ago when I was working at a thrift store
It's not bad-- just generic and doesn't do much for me

No it really isn't.

It has a few standout songs, Alone Again is near 10/10 and others are good too but nah man it is horribly contrarian to say this was better than shit like pet sounds

They're all so wonderful tho

best decade desu

Ahh, the good ole "Seinfeld isn't funny" fallacy.

All wrong, blonde on blonde is greatest

Overrated albums general?

Not psych pop tho

*Reeees at you*

What the fuck is supposed to be psychedelic about Pet Sounds? If that record is psychedelic then I guess 90% of music ever is psychedelic.

It only exists because Brian did acid and lost his shit

Hang on to your Ego

That doesn't make the music psychedelic

High while writing the music=/= psychedelic
It sounds good while high =/= psychedelic

Like I said, if this is our criteria most music ever is psychedelic

Vocal melodies and that it is easy to associate it with other albums that are psychedelic.

No a lot of music sounds terrible while tripping. Like most modern shit

I'm not saying the Beach Boys didn't make psych music, but I don't think they did during Pet Sounds and before it. Smile, now that's a psych record. You're telling me vocal melodies make something psych? Please. Saying Pet Sounds is psych is playing very fast and loose with that genre tag. Is the White Album hard rock because of Helter Skelter and Yer Blues?

You can tell me if I'm being autistic

incredible album, I don't know what you're talking about

It's a good thing you have Sup Forums

Nope, you're 100% correct

>Pet Sounds
>psych

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Sounds#Psychedelia

>inb4 le wikipedia is not a real source xDD

although i agree with OP, how in the hell is Pet Sounds psych pop?

But it's not psych lol

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_pop

Literally credits Brian Wilson and Pet Sounds with originating psych pop

When you're right, you're right. I concede.

Very contrarian of you

I was at a friends birthday party with Tony Molina a year ago (he sometimes goes by the alias Arselio Domingez but don't be fooled.) He told me and the birthday boy this is the greatest psyche pop album of all time. This was of course before he locked himself in the bathroom with a bottle of tequila.

fuck off, this album is garbage, not even close to high level beatles and beach boys work

You're right but it's not garbage and I would appreciate you avoid using such incendiary language :)

okay i retract my statement about it being garbage, im just salty because it was recommended to me once as this glorious thing on the same level as pet sounds, abbey road, etc and it just wasnt

You can fuck right off

Fair enough, I agree that it's overrated but it's still quite good. I think Odyssey and Oracle is more deserving of being called overrated if we're discussing psych-pop.

>fallacy

*AHEM*

youtube.com/watch?v=77f18P7ppIw

>inb4 1970
Wot?

Wait forgot

cool